GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script New member needing advice please!! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New member needing advice please!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New member needing advice please!!

If the DCAs weren't so greedy the majority of debtors would happily come to an amicable settlement with their creditors.
    However they're not!!

Comment

Originally posted by odetter View Post
      Sadly there is no guarantee that after another 5years there aren't more charges shoved onto the end of your DMP.
      Let's face it you've already paid a fair chunk of the debt off.
      They must love you paying £350 pcm!!
      Take control, and start the ball rolling!
      Totally agree I was paying cccs £1000 pm for over 2 years the debts never seemed to go down, now I pay F'ck all to them, pay my enforceable debts an amount I can afford with no % and the unenforceable ones get f@ck all with over £20000plus written off.
      thanks to Niddy and others.

Comment

Thing is, what formal DMP's don't do is sort out interest. Using a DIY DMP the first thing you do is agree an interest & charge free period then and only then can you safely commence your self managed DMP.

That way 100% paid goes into the pot. However we don't like DMP's unless it's a necessity - always best trying UE and anything saved from the DMP monthly amount goes towards a F&F if required. Lots of options to save up and settle or save up to defend action or just to save up and escape with SB - it all helps.
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thanks Odetter,
          I will see if I can get my wife to agree with coming out of Payplan after x-mas as advised by Never in Doubt and go from there. I am reading loads of information from here and re-educating myself. I thought Payplan was impartial!!!

Comment

Thanks Pixie,
            Never in doubt or Niddy's advice and threads have been very helpful as well as everybody's advice on here. I am glad I posted a request for help as I have slept better this weekend than in a long time. I am still worried but it has reduced.
            Pixie I will see if my wife will take a look at the UE diaries as I would like to do it together with her rather than separately.
            Many Thanks to everybody's advice. You really do help people and I am sure you save lives as debt causes so much anxiety, worry, fear and depression!!

Comment

I agree with your comments, anxiety, worry, fear, depression. Add in sleepless nights, afraid to answer your own phone, high blood pressure and many more.
              Started off thinking that I was £32,000 in debt. Now realise that I only truly owe around £2,000.
              What a relief! Wow.

Comment

If its any help, im sure we have all been there, with the stress and worry. Im on here for my mothers debts, there not actually mine, but even i at the start dredded her letterbox going. Every letter was like a heart thump wondering what it may say.

Truth is, spend some time here and you realise, they are not personally written to you, they are standard letters sent to everyone. The messages are all the same. What you also realise is, half of them are empty threats. Not saying you shouldnt take them seriously, but alot of us on here will have at some point had the same letters, dealt with the same people and can advise how to proceed.

You will soon see, the worry and stress will disapear, and you will start to actually feel ok about the post man arriving.
                I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks SXGuy,
                  Yes your words are helpful as I often feel this is only happening to me but of course its not. The advice from this site is fantastic.
                  At the moment me and my wife can't agree on what to do next. As we went to court on three occasions when charging orders were put on by nationiwide and MBNA the memory of this is still strong(it was bloody awful feeling like a criminal) and my wife is worried we will back in court again next year if we go down the UE road.
                  I will read through as much of the helpful threads and sections as I can and in the new year will decide what I will do and let my wife decide what she would like to do with her debts if we can't agree.

Comment

If it looks like you might get a court claim we'll help you to negotiate a F&F settlement or put you in touch with our preferred solicitor. Save the £350 you've been paying PayPlan just in case you need to do that.

There are lots of members on here who've been going down the UE route for 3+ years with no sign of a court claim.
                    Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Max

it is stressful but the whole point of UE is NOT to end up in court. We try very hard here not to let that happen. We were on a DMP as well, they didn't stop interest and kept up the ridiculous phonecalls. At our first 6 month review they wanted to put the money up by cutting our budget to the bone, the woman I spoke to was dismissive and patronising. At that point I did research, discovered Niddy and packed in the DMP, that was 3.5 years ago, turned out most of our huge pile was UE, you just need to stand up for yourself. I bet when you ended up in court Payplan told you to admit the debt and ask for time to pay? They are like Stepchange backed by the banks, it's in their interest to keep you paying to their masters the banks and of course paying into their little insurances, making more money for the financial industry. You know that they've told you lies about your proceeds, don't let them take the piss any longer. Have a good read around the diaries, some great and very long stories there.

xxx

Comment

Thanks Pixie and Mrs D. You are so right about Payplan and the court and their insurance which we have been paying for 5 years plus.
                        I have talked most of the weekend with my wife about the advice you have all given me and we are definitely coming out of the DMP in January once x-mas is out of the way. I have been starting to read the UE stories and they are inspiring. By the new year I hopefully will be able to stand up and fight back at long last.
                        Thanks to you all!!!

Comment

The first few months will be hard but by following the AAD way for dealing with debt you will gain confidence; as strange as it may sound you eventually wonder what you have done wrong when they leave you alone!

Ask any questions, no doubt someone will have asked them before! The aim is not to make people feel stupid but to empower.

Good luck, you will know you are winning when you start to have fun posting on some of the more frivolous chat threads

Comment

Originally posted by Max View Post
                            Thanks Odetter,
                            I will see if I can get my wife to agree with coming out of Payplan after x-mas as advised by Never in Doubt and go from there. I am reading loads of information from here and re-educating myself. I thought Payplan was impartial!!!
                            When you're in big doo doo it's important that people get professional debt advice.
                            However although DMPs offer a short-term comfort blanket for vulnerable people with debt they don't necessarily explain the long term implications.
                            There is a bigger world of debt solutions, I'm quite depressed reading other forums about people's self flagellatory debt "journey".
                            FFS let's stop beating ourselves up about it and get on and sort it out.

Comment

Sadly the people who rave on about how wonderful Pay grab are haven't bothered to research their organization.
                              It's been established by the financial industry to maintain the financial industry.
                              End of.
                              Blimey I sound like a commie! Ha ha!

Comment

Mrs D at the risk of mutual back slapping that is a brilliant summation of pay grab!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X