GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script F & F - has debt been sold on??? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

F & F - has debt been sold on???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: F & F - has debt been sold on???

Originally posted by supersonicsnail View Post

The balance sitting with Metropolitan is made up of two accounts (both HSBC) that went into default at the same time (Aug 2005). One was started in 1996 the other in 2004 (not sure if relevant). Metropolitan use a single account reference in all correspondence so will a single request (with £1) be sufficient to get the CCA for both accounts or do I need to send one for each account and £2?

I'm wondering if the stupid feckers have sold these as an amalgamated balance 'coz aside from anything else that's gone on since, that's how it reads. I had 3 of mine amalgamated and sold some years ago with an approx. balance of around £5K made unenforceable as a result.... stupid DCA then sent me a letter confirming it all.

Happy days....
    Remember the mantra:
    NEVER communicate by 'phone.

Send EVERYTHING by Recorded/Special Delivery
    Keep a copy of EVERYTHING sent
    Keep hold of EVERYTHING received

PriorityOne & CPUTR 2008 (ex P1 CAG CPUTR 2008)

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Is it worth exploring if they have sold as an amalgamated balance? Purely for the fun of it and the possibility of hitting them with a double whammy of unenforceability.

Comment

Is it worth exploring if they have sold as an amalgamated balance? Purely for the fun of it and the possibility of hitting them with a double whammy of unenforceability.
        if there's no CCA, I would leave it at that, to be honest.....if they come back claiming to have one, you could go down the amalgamated balance route but fingers crossed it won't get that far.
        Remember the mantra:

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I've just been looking back over my records for this and the request for CCA template I used states that if they are unable to comply they must return the £1 per account fee. Has anyone else pursued this if they didn't comply and didn't return the fee?

I'm toying with applying an exorbitant monthly missed payment fee, sending them a final demand and suggesting that failure to pay may result in the debt being passed to a DCA for recovery.

Comment

I've just been looking back over my records for this and the request for CCA template I used states that if they are unable to comply they must return the £1 per account fee. Has anyone else pursued this if they didn't comply and didn't return the fee?

I'm toying with applying an exorbitant monthly missed payment fee, sending them a final demand and suggesting that failure to pay may result in the debt being passed to a DCA for recovery.
            It's not worth p*ssing them off for the sake of a £1..... just let it go.
            Remember the mantra:

Comment

Don't worry P1....I have no intention of poking the proverbial bear! Just a bit of tongue in cheek

Comment

deleted as duplicate
                Last edited by supersonicsnai; 13 January 2014, 22:54. Reason: duplicate post

Comment

Hello all and Happy 2014!

You will be pleased to know I have had no further contact from any of the DCAs trying to recover this one so I'm chalking it up as a win!

However, something new has cropped up out of the blue last week which I'd like to get your opinion on. Randomly I received the attached letters telling me that Crapbot are passing my account to Ruthbridge. According to the letter the original lender was Hitachi Nova and it is a retail credit account.

The strange thing is that I have never received any communication in relation to anything from Cabot before so I was at at a bit of a loss as to what this is all about particularly as the amount they are wanting to recover didn't match anything I thought it could possibly be. Anyway, long story short, even though the value didn't add up I put 2 and 2 together and figured it was something form my student days coming back to haunt me - A computer bought on a 0% finance deal that stopped being paid way back when.

Being a bit of a pack rat I was able to find some documents relating to this computer and Hitachi Nova from way back in 1998, but the values didn't match. I have 2 copies of the credit agreement with 2 different values - I remember having to sign a second as they had put some incorrect information on the first. Coincidentally the value on the recovery letter is near as dammit the combined value of both these agreements.

Anyways...if it is relating to this, it's from way back in 1998 so guessing it is statute barred but not 100% sure it is this. Is there a template letter I can use to get the DCA off my back as it is statute barred or should I send the "prove it" letter and see if it it is relating to the computer as I currently think?

As always, any advice gratefully received.

Thanks,

SSS

Click image for larger version

Name:	Cabot.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	89.2 KB
ID:	1399108Click image for larger version

Name:	Ruthbridge.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	140.9 KB
ID:	1399110

Comment

Hitatchi Nova Finance used to do the agreements for TIME computers (green fronted shops) - ironically, I bought one form them at about the same time. Think it was 9 months interest free IIRC.

Personally, I would start with the prove it letter. As you said, you are not fully sure, and the prove it letter at least keeps the clock ticking if 6 years have not passed (but not likely at this stage)

Comment

Thanks Oscar....it was in deed a TIME machine! I'll get a prove it letter off ASAP.

Comment

Working...
                      X