GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script F & F - has debt been sold on??? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

F & F - has debt been sold on???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: F & F - has debt been sold on???

See this for an idea of how scummy Ruthbridge are

---> BBC - Watchdog: Ruthbridge - chasing debts
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

They do seem like quite a shower!!

I look forward to leading them a merry dance if things end up progressing with them. Although lets see what Metropolitan come back with...if anything.

Comment

I had a call from HSBC today but they wouldn't tell me what it was about without going through some security questions so I told them that as I don't have any accounts with HSBC that it seemed a bit odd and so wasn't prepared to speak with them over the phone. They are going to write to me instead. Hmmm....I wonder if Metropolitan have suddenly referred my letters back to them.

Is that their normal M.O. when faced with with CCA requests?

Comment

I have received a letter from Metropolitan today which says:

"Thank you for your letter dated 16th February 2012.

We are not yet in a position to respond to your request, once we are in a position to respond, documentation will be issued to you.

We trust that clarifies matters."

At least it confirms that the debt still sits with them.

I guess that means the account is officially in dispute until such times as they provide the CCA?

Oh well....I'll just sit back, twiddle my thumbs and in good conscience continue not to pay.

Comment

Originally posted by supersonicsnail View Post
            I have received a letter from Metropolitan today which says:

"Thank you for your letter dated 16th February 2012.

We are not yet in a position to respond to your request, once we are in a position to respond, documentation will be issued to you.

We trust that clarifies matters."

At least it confirms that the debt still sits with them.

I guess that means the account is officially in dispute until such times as they provide the CCA?

Oh well....I'll just sit back, twiddle my thumbs and in good conscience continue not to pay.
            they can take as long as they want.......
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi all....It's all been very quiet for a few months then I got this from Metropolitan.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Scan.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	118.5 KB
ID:	1386722

Just wanted to get some reassurance on them being "obliged to report to credit agencies any failure to repay such debts".

my understanding is that they cannot default me because it's already been in default but the 6 years has lapsed so it is off my file. The question is what impact is this likely to have? If they cannot register another default for it it can't affect my credit file - right?

Still hanging tight waiting for the CCA!

Comment

Hi all....It's all been very quiet for a few months then I got this from Metropolitan.

[ATTACH]4230[/ATTACH]

Just wanted to get some reassurance on them being "obliged to report to credit agencies any failure to repay such debts".

my understanding is that they cannot default me because it's already been in default but the 6 years has lapsed so it is off my file. The question is what impact is this likely to have? If they cannot register another default for it it can't affect my credit file - right?

Still hanging tight waiting for the CCA!
                That's a result in my book..... keep that letter very safe
                I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

On the subject of keeping records safe....is it advisable to keep hard copies?

I tend to scan them so I have easy access and avoid a whole heap of paperwork build up.

also...given that they haven't found the CCA 3 months down the line what is the next step. is it just to sit tight till it's statute barred?

Comment

I tend to scan them so I have easy access and avoid a whole heap of paperwork build up.

also...given that they haven't found the CCA 3 months down the line what is the next step. is it just to sit tight till it's statute barred?
                    just forget about it........ if a new DCA writes to you you send them this------> CCA Query - Letter Previously Confirming No CCA

Comment

Yes!

Remember - they've not produced the CCA because the banks did not retain the original hard copies. Why, then, do you want to emulate their stupidity?

Comment

It is best to get hold of one of those concertina box files so that you can keep important paperwork safe. It won't take up a lot of room but it will save you time and keep everything neatly together.

As that letter is effectively an admission of defeat it is vital to retain it. If it was me, I would keep the original in a box file, take a scan so I had an electronic copy, and I would also upload a scanned copy to one of the free cloud storage services.

That way, even if my house burned down or a burglar cleaned me out of absolutely everything, a copy would still remain which could be printed off again and used as evidence.

SH

Comment

Hello everyone!

It's been a while so thought I'd give you guys an update - also prompted by a sudden flurry of activity and letter writing from HSBC and pals.

After hearing nothing from the original HSBC for many years (only been dealing with Metropolitan (aka HSBC)) they suddenly sent me a letter out of the blue which I have attached below. Quite strangely, in the same envelope, there was a letter from Marlin Europe I, also attached. Both letters telling me that the account has been sold by HSBC and is now with Marlin. Given that the letters arrived in the same envelope from HSBC am I correct to surmise that they are a similar outfit to Metropolitan and are simply HSBC by another name?

Anyway, I guess now this has been sold I simply have to send them a copy of the letter confirming Metropolitan's inability to comply with the CCA request which has rendered the debt unenforceable in conjunction with an appropriate template letter. Would appreciate a little nudge of confirmation.

Thanks

SSS
                          Attached Files

Comment

Given that the letters arrived in the same envelope from HSBC am I correct to surmise that they are a similar outfit to Metropolitan and are simply HSBC by another name?
                            No, that is simply what happens with every Notice of Assignment. Many of them are forgeries created by the assignee, which should be illegal as it means that anyone who has the right information can claim to be the assignee of an alleged debt, and begin demanding money even if they are not a genuine assignee.

Anyway, I guess now this has been sold I simply have to send them a copy of the letter confirming Metropolitan's inability to comply with the CCA request which has rendered the debt unenforceable in conjunction with an appropriate template letter.
                            The course of action you outline will be the correct one. This is the template which covers this situation -

Letter Previously Confirming No CCA - allaboutDEBT UK

Send it together with a copy of the original letter confirming no CCA.

SH

Comment

Thanks ScabHunter. Just one last question before I get the letter in the post.

Marlin Europe I have appointed Marlin Financial Services as the managing agent of the account. They have sent me a standard contact us to arrange repayment letter. Both have the same address on their letterhead. Who should I address correspondence to, Marlin Europe or Marlin Financial Services?

SSS

Comment

Who should I address correspondence to, Marlin Europe or Marlin Financial Services?
                                This is the type of bollocks which Crapbot Farcical often use to try to confuse and deceive people. It really shouldn't matter which you send it to, as they are both active in pursuing the alleged debt, one as owner and one as manager.

If it was me, I would address it to “Marlin Financial Services (Marlin Europe)”. If the address is the same for both, and both names are included at the top, there can be no excuse for any shenanigans.

SH

Comment

Working...
                                X