GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script F & F - has debt been sold on??? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

F & F - has debt been sold on???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: F & F - has debt been sold on???

OK...Having read the recommended links I think I'm ready to do this now. One last question before I get the letter off:

The balance sitting with Metropolitan is made up of two accounts (both HSBC) that went into default at the same time (Aug 2005). One was started in 1996 the other in 2004 (not sure if relevant). Metropolitan use a single account reference in all correspondence so will a single request (with £1) be sufficient to get the CCA for both accounts or do I need to send one for each account and £2?

Comment

1 for each so 2 x £1's
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
        Fancy having some fun here, role reversal......
        Don't you like Ruthbridge?

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
          Don't you like Ruthbridge?
          Yea sure (as much as a dose of crabs!!)
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
            Yea sure (as much as a dose of crabs!!)
            Ruthbridge has one advantage over an infestation of 'crabs' - they do tell one whence they came.

Comment

Ruthbridge has one advantage over an infestation of 'crabs' - they do tell one whence they came.

But are they susceptible to permethrin??

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherdess View Post
                But are they susceptible to permethrin??
                They should be, if applied directly in sufficiently large doses.

Comment

Just a small update....I have sent off my CCA request to Metropolitain this afternoon (Recorded Delivery) and marked the diary with 12 working days from tomorrow. Let's see what turns up in the post next....will they repy or will it prompt another mystery letter from Ruthbridge! Only time will tell!

Comment

They should be, if applied directly in sufficiently large doses.
                    As a coating on doughnuts, perhaps?

Well done supersonic..tick tock...

Comment

ho hum....I know I shouldn't wish my life away....but the 12 days is a long time to wait and seems soooo far off.

Do most CCA requests take the full time limit to come through?

Comment

hey supersonic, we've been waiting nearly two years for some and there are folks here who have been waiting a lot longer..............of course its in default all that time.........so don't sweat, just relax

Comment

I'm seeing a pattern forming here: send letter to Metropolitan...then receive letter from Ruthbridge!!

The second letter follows on from my CCA request to Metropolitan which I'm thinking cannot be pure coincidence.

Whilst the first letter stated they were trying to "contact me in relation to a personal matter" they have started to turn up the heat a little on this one and note the use of capitals here..."YOU HAVE BEEN TRACED AS LIVING AT THE ADDRESS STATED ABOVE. PLEASE CONTACT OUR RECOVERY DIVISION IMMEDIATELY".

Apparently I have five days to respond or I might get a phone call!

For those that hadn't already guessed I'm feeling fairly nonchalant about this and have every intention of ignoring it!

By my way of thinking they haven't actually told me anything about why I need to contact them eg. account details or sums so there is no reason to. In addition as they haven't stated that they are controlling the Metropolitan debt it is Metropolitan that must respond to the request for CCA...is this correct?

Does anyone know the relationship between Metropolitan and Ruthbridge? Are they at opposite ends of the same office or anything silly like that?

If anyone has any experience of dealing with Ruthbridge I would be curious to hear what I can expect to receive in their next letter! do they step up both the mystery and the threats in equal measure the more letters they write or do they eventually reveal why they are so keen to get in contact?

ho hum....hold on and enjoy the ride!!

Comment

How rare and collectable is your doorstep?

Comment

hmmm.....that's odd...I don't seem to have a doorstep....maybe somebody has already collected it!

Comment

Originally posted by supersonicsnail View Post
                                Does anyone know the relationship between Metropolitan and Ruthbridge? Are they at opposite ends of the same office or anything silly like that?
                                Metropolitan is owned by HSBC and work out of their (HSBC's) main complex in Coventry (it's the Call Centre/Debt Centre etc)...

Ruthbridge is independant and based in Middlesex - they "claim" to be the best at tracing Yea, ok - whatever!

The fact that Metropolitan have sold this to Ruthbridge matters little, they (Metropolitan) are still in default of your s.78 request and thus would struggle to do anything in their wild and unlawful claims - stand firm here, you're in the right.

Comment

Working...
                                X