GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script My Debt Experience - Learn from my pain - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Debt Experience - Learn from my pain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: My Debt Experience - Learn from my pain

Another day, another two emails from quickquid; one demanding payment in full and the other offering me the option of paying the balance over 12 months but only if I give them my bank account and debit card details. No other payment option is acceptable apparently.

Hmmmmm I wonder what would happen if I were to give them those details?!

I've already told them what the maximum I can afford is on numerous occasions, and they have also 'lost' payments which I can prove they have received.

I will wait and see what scummy DCA they sell the account to. They have been threatening this now for months, so they may as well get on with it!

Best
    SnV
    "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltnVinegar View Post
      Another day, another two emails from quickquid; one demanding payment in full and the other offering me the option of paying the balance over 12 months but only if I give them my bank account and debit card details. No other payment option is acceptable apparently.

Hmmmmm I wonder what would happen if I were to give them those details?!

I've already told them what the maximum I can afford is on numerous occasions, and they have also 'lost' payments which I can prove they have received.

I will wait and see what scummy DCA they sell the account to. They have been threatening this now for months, so they may as well get on with it!

Best
      SnV
      Hi SNV,
      My guess is the same as yours give them your details they will empty your account with relish.

Comment

Originally posted by helmsman View Post
        Hi SNV,
        My guess is the same as yours give them your details they will empty your account with relish.
        Such deeply suspicious minds we have!

I'm sure I would also have an argument now under unfair relationship provisions as they have not engaged in any logical correspondence at all.

I don't know who the usual DCA's are that this lot sell debts to. I heard it was Moorcroft but I guess I'll find out soon enough!

Best
        SnV
        "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

They also demand my debit card details so that they can set up this payment plan and that no other payment method is acceptable.
          That's a complete load of bollocks. Are they going to refuse any other payment method?

Course not, they want what's convenient to them.

Comment

Originally posted by swanfan View Post
            That's a complete load of bollocks. Are they going to refuse any other payment method?

Course not, they want what's convenient to them.
            Oh yes I agree its a big load of cahoonas!

Unfortunately for them I'm not going to rise to the bait

They have refused to give me their bank details to make S/O payments (and I have that in email).

Postal Orders sent to them have gone 'missing'. Unfortunately for them they were sent recorded delivery and I can prove they arrived and prove the PO's were also cashed.

They claim to have sent me a default notice in the post, which, strangely, has not yet arrived.

Talk about digging a deeper hole for yourself!

Best
            SnV

Comment

Originally posted by Flowerpower
              You could give them *some* details ---> allaboutFORUMS
              Hahahahahaa

Now that would be excellent! I wouldn't want to go so far though as to land myself in court! I like the principal though!

Comment

OK so some news on the quickquid front.

They have informed me by email that they have 'referred' my account to ARC Europe Ltd. So now I know who I may be dealing with in the next few weeks.

They also claim to have sent me a default notice, which I know is a lot of cobblers.

Will let you know when the first communication from ARC arrives!

Best
                SnV

Comment

Hi All

As some of you may know a few weeks ago Mrs SnV was involved in a car accident.

Fortunately she is all ok, and has recovered, however it has made me totally re-evaluate my life and whats important to me.

Now the scumbags who treated me like dog dirt since I started having financial difficulty I have never cared for, but I am now at a point where I'm thinking should I pay them anything further at all.

I have been plugging away with my DMP for 2 years now, the majority of creditors have defaulted me, however some have not. So I know that they will put a default on my CRA file near the end of my DMP to screw me over even more. Despite agreeing payment arrangements almost all creditors have continued harrassment, have 'lost' payments, and have made life difficult.

So I am thinking of saying 'sod it' and stopping payments (which I already have on the UE accounts). I know theres the risk of being taken to court, but that risk will be there in another 2 years on my DMP.

Its high risk I know, but I would like some sensible heads here at AAD to point out pros/cons to me or anything I may not have thought of, before I start down this road!

Best
                  SnV

Comment

Hi All

As some of you may know a few weeks ago Mrs SnV was involved in a car accident.

Fortunately she is all ok, and has recovered, however it has made me totally re-evaluate my life and whats important to me.

Now the scumbags who treated me like dog dirt since I started having financial difficulty I have never cared for, but I am now at a point where I'm thinking should I pay them anything further at all.

I have been plugging away with my DMP for 2 years now, the majority of creditors have defaulted me, however some have not. So I know that they will put a default on my CRA file near the end of my DMP to screw me over even more. Despite agreeing payment arrangements almost all creditors have continued harrassment, have 'lost' payments, and have made life difficult.

So I am thinking of saying 'sod it' and stopping payments (which I already have on the UE accounts). I know theres the risk of being taken to court, but that risk will be there in another 2 years on my DMP.

Its high risk I know, but I would like some sensible heads here at AAD to point out pros/cons to me or anything I may not have thought of, before I start down this road!

Best
                    SnV
                    Really pleased your wife is ok and i agree it makes you see life differently, when my brother died at 31 yearls old i said i would live life differently , i don't think i stuck to that because me and my husband are in a lot of debt , but like you we went on to do a dmp which like you also has run rather smoothly , but we also recieved defaults and added charges which has nearly doubled one debt.
                    All i can say is that we thought the dmp was the way forward until we got behind in our mortgage and the dmp was taking priority over the mortgage and that wasn't right , why should the debts take priority over our home when there is a risk of losing it and still having debts for the next 70+ years, well i was directed to this wonderful forum and it was the best i did joining here, if you read through some of my posts you will see i was scared and anxious about going down the UE route, but my husband was all for it and so we trusted our gut feeling and started down that route.
                    We have only just sent off the CCA requests got 2 replies back so the ball is now rolling, i have to say hand on heart that i feel relaxed , in control and the feeling that some or all (i hope and pray all) will be UE is a wonderful feeling and when i think of the anxiety and fear some of those scumbag dca have put me though then i am going to take great pleasure in saying SCREW YOU when they become UE , i speak positive as thats how i feel .

It's upto you in the end if you go down the route of UE but from someone who did dmp for over 4 years and realised that the dca are just scum and don't care about any of us , then thats when we decided to take plunge and see what happens, we feel confident being on here as there is always someone who is guiding us all and we don't feel alone .

Whatever you decide i wish you the best of luck
                    Last edited by Spent2much; 14 July 2012, 16:09.

Comment

but I am now at a point where I'm thinking should I pay them anything further at all.

I have been plugging away with my DMP for 2 years now
                      I thought you stopped this and went UE with things mate.....
                      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                        I thought you stopped this and went UE with things mate.....
                        Hi Niddy

No only the ones that were pre-2007 I sent CCA's and have UE agreements, been plugging away on the self managed DMP with the others.

I expect things to kick off if I stop paying, but then with some of them they have kicked off regardless.

Comment

Hi Niddy

No only the ones that were pre-2007 I sent CCA's and have UE agreements, been plugging away on the self managed DMP with the others.

I expect things to kick off if I stop paying, but then with some of them they have kicked off regardless.
                          do you own your own home mate?
                          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

do you own your own home mate?
                            Yup, jointly with OH. I know theres the risk of creditors going for a CCJ/CO which I guess is the biggest risk. Biggest debts are wi th Santander and Amex. I understand they can both be quite litigious......

Comment

Yup, jointly with OH. I know theres the risk of creditors going for a CCJ/CO which I guess is the biggest risk. Biggest debts are wi th Santander and Amex. I understand they can both be quite litigious......
                              but both also been beaten in recent cases. However, I agree not worth it when it involves your hoose.

so what do you think is best then?

Comment

but both also been beaten in recent cases. However, I agree not worth it when it involves your hoose.

so what do you think is best then?
                                I'm not sure, thats why I'm asking for sensible heads

I am thinking that it would normally take many months to get to a CO point, so I was going to put aside the DMP payments I am making as a 'slush fund'

I thought that after a few months I may be able to put in F&F offers @ 10/20% of the debts.

Or, alternatively, if things did get as far as court, then I would (hopefully) have enough money to pay to avoid a CCJ or CO.

Trouble is that on occasion DMP payment has almost come before the mortgage as things have been so tight, which I know is wrong. All of my creditors have now received way more than was ever borrowed initially, and in the case of Lowell and the Shop Direct debts, the amounts were almost doubled through interest and charges.

Comment

Working...
                                X