GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script My Debt Experience - Learn from my pain - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Debt Experience - Learn from my pain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My Debt Experience - Learn from my pain

how have I missed this little gem!
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
      how have I missed this little gem!
      LOL sneaked it under the radar
      "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi All

Sorry been off for a while - very busy with work!

Well lots to update you on!

After my SnV special to BoS about their recent conduct, it has been investigated by their complaints department, and my complaint has been upheld.

End result - balance reduced by almost 200 quid plus a goodwill gesture of 75 quid cheque!

However didn't stop Albion (on the same day!) writing again threatening legal action, doorstep collectors etc.

So I've had enough of this lot, CCA request has gone in response.

American Express also looking to 'review' my account (in other words we want more money). Standard response has gone off to them too.

So it looks like 6 months of inactivity was the most I was going to get on this DMP.

I make no apologies for repeating this, make sure that your communication and paperwork is better than your creditors. Once it is, you can use their incompetence (and laziness of not getting a decent CRM system in place) as a stick to beat them with.

Its now served me to the better by almost 2 grand in 'goodwill gestures' over the last 2 years.

Best

SnV
        "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi All

Quick update - CCA request off to Albion today. Will be interesting to see the response. This was from such a long time ago I can't see them having the correct paperwork.

Will keep you updated and start an UE diary if needed.

Best
          SnV

Comment

Hmmmm 10 days since CCA request was sent and no response from Albion.

Considering I was getting on average one a week I wonder what has happened............

Comment

running around scratching their heads and going "doh"

Comment

Originally posted by evenlessdopey View Post
                running around scratching their heads and going "doh"
                Well that'll teach them for being greedy. The amount wasn't that much, and it would have been paid off in a couple of years with the current payment arrangement.

Instead, they chose to issue threats and start the harassment process so I have thrown a grenade right back at them!

Comment

Originally posted by SaltnVinegar View Post
                  Hmmmm 10 days since CCA request was sent and no response from Albion.

Considering I was getting on average one a week I wonder what has happened............

14 days to respond mate, give it another week or two.... :niddy
                  I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                    14 days to respond mate, give it another week or two.... :niddy
                    1 more day to go for the CCA request response........

However.........

Today I did receive a response, where all of a sudden they have accepted my payment proposal (original one made).

Strange that this is suddenly acceptable on the back of receiving a CCA request.

Co-incidence maybe?..........

Comment

14 days has passed since my CCA request.......... no response, with exception of now agreeing to my payment offer. I am wondering now, if they have accepted my offer, knowing that that don't have a snowball in hells chance of finding a CCA.

So 2 choices:

1) Continue paying them as I have been, knowing that the CCA is good leverage over them should they play silly buggers again

2) Stop paying on the basis they behaved like @holes and let them go and whistle and play the CCA route, on the basis that I can always go back to a payment proposal should the CCA turn up and be enforceable.

hmmmmmmm

Comment

Another day and no CCA..........

Comment

Originally posted by Flowerpower
                          Relax! They are in default of your request and, with a bit of luck, they will cobble together a very poor cut'n'paste job of a reCON, or maybe they won't come up with anything at all!
                          Don't worry Flower, I'm totally relaxed!

My comments are all tongue in cheek as in 'oh look, I have not had a response' rather than 'Oh no, I've not had a response what do I do?'

I'm not expecting to get anything back from them, and as you said, if I do it will more than likely be a poor reconstruction. This CC was taken out so long ago (definitely more than 6 years ago) so I would be surprised if they have even kept anything.

I just found it amusing that after accepting payments for 2 years they then subject me two months of harassment and threats and then that within a week of receiving my CCA request they back down and agree to a payment plan (but without responding directly to my CCA request).

Best

SnV

Comment

Originally posted by SaltnVinegar View Post
                            Don't worry Flower, I'm totally relaxed!

My comments are all tongue in cheek as in 'oh look, I have not had a response' rather than 'Oh no, I've not had a response what do I do?'

I'm not expecting to get anything back from them, and as you said, if I do it will more than likely be a poor reconstruction. This CC was taken out so long ago (definitely more than 6 years ago) so I would be surprised if they have even kept anything.

I just found it amusing that after accepting payments for 2 years they then subject me two months of harassment and threats and then that within a week of receiving my CCA request they back down and agree to a payment plan (but without responding directly to my CCA request).

Best

SnV
                            These DCAs do make me

I had a similar situation with both Crapitall One and RBS. I waited for months and then Crap One finally sent me something that was total guff and I wrote to them and about every 2 months they reply. I enjoy my bi-monthly walks to the Post Office

RBS was even more fun. I requested my CCA, they refused as no signature was present. I said no signature required. They refused no signature present. I said no....you get the idea

After 6 yes SIX exchanges I signed my request left handed and upside down. It looks more like Gaddafi's signature than mine but they've now gone very quiet! I wonder if they're speaking to the Government about the possibility that Gaddafi isn't actually dead and he's trying to avoid his RBS credit card payments!

Crap One are also very quiet. I do miss my walks to the Post Office especially now the sun is shining!

MJ
                            Last edited by mauijim; 23 May 2012, 08:10.
                            Some days you're the pigeon, some days you're the statue. I currently spend too many days as the statue......but thanks to this site not as many as I used to!

sigpic

Comment

Well a response to me CCA request has been received today.

They are "awaiting the documentation to fulfil my request and will endeavor to replay to me as soon as possible"

My request would appear to worry them as they also go on to say:

"If you are using the services of a claims management company we would like to remind you of the recent warnings issued by the Ministry of Justice and Citizens advice bureau."

They also go on to say:

"Consumers have a right a right to information on debts they owe, but it is important that they realise that these sections of the Act cannot be used to write off legitimately owed debts. The OFT have also issued a reminder that even if the agreement was to become unenforceable customers will still owe any outstanding money to the lender, interest and default charges can still be added to the loan and any failure to pay could affect their credit record."

I find this highly amusing that this rabble now feel they can quote OFT guidance and warnings when for the last 2 months they have been blatantly flouting the OFT guidance on debt collection by threatening 'doorstep collection' visits when a payment arrangement is in place, not to mention the frequency of letters they have been sending.

Well I will look forward to them 'affecting' my credit record. It can't get any worse than it is already, so I am happy for them to go ahead and default me if they haven't already. TBH, I would rather them do this now, rather than wait for me to pay off the debt in the next couple of years and then spitefully slap a default on my credit record then (which I know many creditors are now doing).

Will keep you all updated as and when!

Best
                              SnV

Comment

standard reply, their equivalent of "doh" he wants proof?

you have stopped paying haven't you?

Comment

Working...
                                X