GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script My Debt Experience - Learn from my pain - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Debt Experience - Learn from my pain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Can you believe it?

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
    N Hunter mate - they give details of last application made so you must have at some point used your work number. Don't worry, send this mate: ---> Templates - Harassment at Work
    Bugger, then its my own fault as I applied for a new basic bank account early last week.

Still can't believe the cheeky b@rstewards have jumped on it so quick though.

Letter will be getting typed up tonight and sent off don't worry about that!

Thanks
    SnV
    "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Re: My Debt Experience - Learn from my pain

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
      SDG rarely pursue court mate - you may be best just blagging them and see how far you can push.....
      Well its Crapquest that two of my SDG accounts have been handed to. After their little piece of harrassment I am now minded to push back on these two accounts and see what happens.............
      "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Crapquest are useless. Sent me two SD's recently, but needless to say haven't acted on them.

Comment

However, you should never ignore a SD, they may be bluffing but they may not, so you should always seek advice if you should receive a SD.
          Last edited by MrsD; 22 September 2011, 19:32.

Comment

Originally posted by evenlessdopey View Post
            However, you should never ignore a SD, they may be bluffing but they may not, so you should always seek advice if your receive a SD.
            Quite..... totally agree.

I think BM was saying he did that, just forgot to add on the end "not to try this at home"
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

So the jokers at Capquest call me again today, via the main reception number of my employer.

Obviously do not get the 'do not contact me by telephone' message.

I decided to call them and have lodged a formal complaint, I am really not worried about dealing with this lot.

After a couple of minutes wrangling with one of their phone monkeys who kept trying to talk over me I get put through to a manager. Mr Manager agrees that they have no reason to be calling me as there is a payment arrangement in place that is up to date.

They claim that they have no telephone number for me and there is no record of anyone calling me. As I pointed out, whoever is calling me is stupid enough to ring my employers main reception number where all calls are recorded so I have evidence that they are. Of course, thats assuming that DCA's don't tell lies!

Looks like a 'rogue' employee or a fishing expedition to get a phone number (I witheld my number and wouldn't confirm my work number either, not that daft!)

Also advised them that another call will spark a complaint to the OFT and also start legal action regards their harrassment.

Bring it on!

SnV

Comment

Just a quick update on Capquest......

since my complaint no phone calls. Don't want to speak too soon but looks like they have got the message!

Best
                SnV

Comment

So today get a letter from Wescot referencing their 'recent communication'.

Why do they bother doing this? The last communication I had from them was back in July!

So they now tell me that their client is prepared to offer me a 'generous' discount if I pay off the debt in the next 10 days. Oh and of course I have to contact them by telephone as they hadn't put in this letter what this discount will be.

Well I'll go back to them by snail mail to see what this 'generous' offer will be but will not be holding my breath!

Best
                  SnV

Comment

It is hard to believe people still fall for this, until you see new users to the site or deal with them elsewhere, and you realise that most people are still genuinely terrified of DCA's. There's still an awful lot of educating for us to do!

Comment

Hi All

Nothing much to report

This is actually good news though, as all quiet on the western front means things are chugging away nicely!

You can tell though that DCA's are thinking of the of financial year already.

I got a couple of letters from Capquest offering a 'discount' on my balance (as they note it was going to take over 6 years to pay it back on my DMP).

This discount though was 'for a limited time only' and had to be paid over 4 months, which coincidently, is the end of the tax year.........

Hmmmmmm!

If they are looking to their figures already then it may be worth playing a F&F hardball game come February/March!

Best
                      SnV

Comment

Hi All

SnV reporting in

All quiet on the DMP front. Have had a minor hiccup in that this months payment to Blair Oliver & Scott has been returned as the bank they are with is not part of the faster payments scheme.

So their lords and masters (BOS) can't even get that right!

I'm expecting a little flurry of activity in the next month or two as we are getting close to the end of the financial year. I mentioned in post 68 a letter from Wescot about a discount on my Santander account.

As it happens it was pretty generous - 50% discount. Unfortunately I can't afford this, and they wouldn't reduce it any further, but who knows in another years time may be able to do something with that.

Hope you're all well

SnV

Comment

Hi All

Spoke too soon last month. After a period of 'quiet' had a letter from Lowell today stating:

'That due to the information they hold on me, and information from Credit Reference Agencies they would like to suggest an increase in my payment plan'

Well the @holes can suggest all they want! They ain't getting it!

Short simple rebuff has been sent in response. If they continue in their 'suggestion' I will remind them of OFT guidelines and then put in a complaint.

Best

SnV

Comment

Hi All

Well definately did speak too soon!!!!!

Had a recent email exchange with Quickquid threatening that my account is in arrears and to hand my account to an external DCA. Email sequence as follows:

1) QQ - You have defaulted on your loan. Pay up immediately or we will hand your account to an external DCA

2) SnV - Remind them of my DMP, to which they have accepted.

3) QQ - Confirm my DMP. Email sent in error, please ignore

4) QQ - Another Email - same as email 1 so I ignore

5) QQ - Another email - same as email 1 so I respond

6) SnV - Include email 3 which states they confirmed my DMP, asking why emails continue to be sent

7) QQ - Response back stating that they have not received any payments from my DMP in over 70 days therefore arrangement is broken and to pay in full immediately

8) SnV - Response back stating that payments are all up to date and that their records are incorrect and ask them to confirm

9) QQ - Response back stating that there is no evidence to suggest payments have been made, therefore arrangement is broken and to pay in full immediately

10) SnV - Response back, providing evidence of all payments made, with tracking numbers of RM recorded delivery and postal order numbers which have been cashed, and demand for investigation of why payments have gone missing from account and that payments are made to balance immediately

11) QQ - Response back to state they are investigating.

So lesson for anyone on a DMP - if you are making payments by any other method other than a standing order it is essential that you keep full records of all payments you make and that you keep the proof of delivery to the scumbags.

This is the FOURTH creditor in the last 12 months who claims not to have received a payment, to name and shame:

1) Quickquid (most recent)
                            2) Lowells
                            3) Wescot
                            4) Allied International Credit (AIC)

All of these muppets have been rebuffed after proof of them receiving (and cashing) payments has been provided. You have to ask yourself, what would my position have been had I not kept this evidence?..................

Now maybe its me, but my experience would suggest that 'losing' payments (especially payments not sent my electronic means) is endemic within the DCA 'industry'. Now if these payments are not being credited to peoples accounts exactly where are they going?

Is this another nasty little example of DCA's bumping up their profits and then using 'non - payment' as a way of justifying more threatening action to get more money?

How many people have received CCJ's after 'non-payment'?

Please all - it is essential that you keep proof of all payments sent to DCA's no matter how small the amounts and how stable your DMP appears to be and how quiet your creditors have been.

Best
                            SnV

Comment

Well the plot thickens with Quickquid

Not only have the 'mislaid' payments but they are now demanding payment in full stating that the amount they have been getting for the last 12 months will not pay off the debt 'within an acceptable timeframe'.

If I don't cough up in 7 days they will sell the account to a DCA.

Gosh!

SnV

Comment

Hi All

Well another month and another update.......

No correspondence from Quickquid other than further threats by email that if I don't cough up by beginning of the month the account will be sold to a DCA.

Well beginning of the month has been and gone, so I will wait and see what bunch of lowlifes the account is 'sold' to. Anyone like to make any guesses?

It must be getting to the end of the financial year, as another creditor is behaving bizarrely and obviously looking to write my debt off their books. My debt with BOS, which I have been paying as part of my DMP has been handed to 'Albion Collections Ltd'.

Now I happen to know that Albion and BOS are one and the same, however they immediately likely to breach OFT guidelines as there is no mention of this relationship on their letters. They have also threatened doorstep collection, despite the account being paid as part of a DMP.

When are these companies going to learn. So one SnV special response has gone off quoting OFT debt collection guidelines and reminding them they have accepted my DMP.

Will look forward to the response on that one.

Have received a response from Lowell regards my rebuff of their suggestion to increase my payments. Unsurprisingly they have accepted my offer that I continue to pay what I already am......

Other than that all quiet on the DMP front!

Best
                                SnV

Comment

Working...
                                X