GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script My Current DMP Plan - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Current DMP Plan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My Current DMP Plan

ha ha god your quick!! not not them, it was TCF Debt Management who are now Hamilton Locke.. just found it...but thanks! xx
    Barclay Card Flexi Rate - £721
    Barclaycard - Gold Mastercard - £5436
    Barclaycard - Cashback Card - £2605
    Total CC Debt = £8762

Comment

Originally posted by jenjen View Post
      ha ha god your quick!! not not them, it was TCF Debt Management who are now Hamilton Locke.. just found it...but thanks! xx
      Ahh, heard of Hamilton Locke - not TCM Debt mgt..... (now you know why lol)....

Ok, well best of luck! Keep us updated and don't let them talk rubbish to you, stand firm and tell them you want to go to a free dmp and if they don't like it, tough!
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

ooh i also forgot to mention in all my debt stuff that when i took out my DMP i also paid a company (Your Credit Matters) to challenge 2 x credit cards, i paid about £580.00 to this company to challenge if the debt was enforcable or not as i had these two cards before a certain date. As yet only one of the cards were looking like an UE card but not the other, but heard nothing for well over a year now.

This was the update i received not long after starting the claim:

Agreement 1 ( Barclaycard Credit Card)
        No copy of the clients executed agreement has been received from the lender. I am waiting for them to respnd to our Duty letter before sending to Solls. This has a good chance of going to Sols.

Agreenent 2 ( Barclaycard / SKYCARD)
        This agreement is complian so far. The lender has provided a copy of the executed agreement and it contains all the prescribed terms. No PPI has been taken out on this agreement.

<FONT color=#1f497d size=2 face=Arial>
        Last edited by Life Goes On; 5 April 2011, 13:06. Reason: copy and paste didnt work
        Total CC Debt = £8762

Comment

Hiya

Regards to the CMM - do not involve yourself with them or pay them any more fee's - this is why I set this site up, as we have the same info for FREE - plus you get the booby prize of having me presiding!

But seriously, if you wish to look at UE then you need to cease repayments and this will in turn generate calls, letters, hassle, bad credit etc... is that what you want? I'm not trying to talk you out of anything here, but you do need to ensure that you can cope with the initial barrage of shit you'll get, prior to the advice given on how to respond.... luckily, on here, any letters you need are available - updated regularly to take into account new case law, and best of all - means you don't have to pay anything (unless you ever felt the need to donate to the site).

There are various options that may be best suited to you but without knowing the finer details, its hard to advise. Can you please provide the following on all your debts, then we'll be best placed to advise what you may be best doing?

Follow this and fill in the blanks please, one per account that you have.....

• Type of account (credit card/loan)

• Date commenced (ideally before Apr 2007)

• Approx balance

• Date last paid (approximate date you last made a FULL payment)

• Are you on arrangement or not paying

• Status (default/in arrears/up-to-date)

• Account owner (who is writing to you, a DCA or the lender)
          Taken from here: ---> http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Hi

I wont be paying them anymore fees, it was the initial set up fee. I have just tried to contact them for an update but it seems Your Credit Matter may have gone bust, ive found another website linked to theirs which is called Key Financial Claims so in hoping they did take over from YCM. I have mailed them to see if they have my details.

Im not sure (until i get an update) that i want to go down the EU route at the minute, although that sounds a bit daft cos i sort of am arnt i with these claims!! lol.... but dont want to stop paying the cards at the minute. Once i hear from these people ill decide more on that later. I will fill in the details for you once im home and can get my hands on the info.

When you say an account is in default, i have only missed a couple of payments when i first set up my DMP as my first 2 payments went to their fees. but obviously i dont pay the full mim payment so does that make it in default?... iv only ever had letters initially syaing i was behind on payments and then the DMP took over and they all seemed happy wit the agereement.

Sorry to be so vague, i havent looked into this for a good year so a bit rusty!
            Total CC Debt = £8762

Comment

I'd not bother contacting them - period! Nothing they can really do, you cannot get a refund either so just write it off as a bad experience, forget the claims - the fee you paid does not mean anything, chances are the agreements will all be UE but usually people email them to me and i'll confirm if you're unsure.

Ok, you say you're not sure about going down UE - why? Can you afford to clear all the debts in say the next 6 years? If not, then you may be best to consider this cos that way we'd look to get you defaulted like this year and then you know no matter what that in 6 years your credit file will be empty..... data only lasts 6yrs so after the default expires, it's gone - forever! However, lets say you pay into these on an AP (arrangement to pay) deal, then you'll be marked as a risk until the date you pay the debt off in full, plus 6 years (trailing account history) so it could be affecting you for like 11 years as opposed to only 6 if you defaulted now.

When I refer to default, I mean have they defaulted you by way of s.78 default notice (usually issued after you fell into arrears with the lender - not the DMP)..... it'll show on your credit file as account defaulted?

make sense?

Comment

Yes makes sense, i dont have any defaults, i did a credit check last year about Sept and nothing shows on there as in Default and nothing has changed since then.

I was hoping to up my payments to £150 per month on the DMP once i get my pay rise in July so in 6yrs i could have paid all my credit cards off, plus in 6yrs id be hopingto earn more money so there its possible i could pay it off earlier than in 6yrs.

When the husband left i had baliffs and debt collection agencie letters come to my house alot and it was a bit scary, once they knew he no longer lived there they did leave me alone but im not sure i can handle going through it all again, plus my ex left approx 2 months ago and he still has CCJ's coming through the post for his debt, although nothing to do with me so i know they cant do anything about that, just not sure i want the harrassment.. its something i am going to have to seriously think about though.

Ill get all the paperwork out and check the total balances and see if i have any of the agreements etc and answer those questions you asked and take it from there....im a bit of a chicken when it comes to not paying things!!!
                Total CC Debt = £8762

Comment

Yes makes sense, i dont have any defaults, i did a credit check last year about Sept and nothing shows on there as in Default and nothing has changed since then.
                  Your credit file changes monthly, with monthly feeds - remember that

I was hoping to up my payments to £150 per month on the DMP once i get my pay rise in July so in 6yrs i could have paid all my credit cards off, plus in 6yrs id be hopingto earn more money so there its possible i could pay it off earlier than in 6yrs.
                  Ok, that's presuming they freeze interest and don't up the payments/get heavy? They will. Sorry, ask looloo and others, they will never keep something like a self managed DMP ongoing - it's not in their interests to, so expect them to sell it at some point (usually after a year or two) with the DCA making all sorts of threats.... i'm not trying to scare you, i'm trying to make you see through the image that these scum are *alright* - they simply aint! read some of the diaries and you'll get a better idea

When the husband left i had baliffs and debt collection agencie letters come to my house alot and it was a bit scary, once they knew he no longer lived there they did leave me alone but im not sure i can handle going through it all again, plus my ex left approx 2 months ago and he still has CCJ's coming through the post for his debt, although nothing to do with me so i know they cant do anything about that, just not sure i want the harrassment.. its something i am going to have to seriously think about though.
                  They would be doorstep collectors, debt does not warrant bailiffs (ie court appointed) and as it is civil, you'll never meet one! Point here, they have less authority than your postman - did you know that? They have NO rights whatsoever, some of the 'older' people on here have had doorstep collectors and handled them perfectly well, and I mean big burly men - but you know what, quote the law and they soon bugger off back under their rock.....

Do you think it'd be an idea to get hubby to join us (lol sorry, just a joke) as he seems bad in debt too!

Ill get all the paperwork out and check the total balances and see if i have any of the agreements etc and answer those questions you asked and take it from there....im a bit of a chicken when it comes to not paying things!!!
                  Okies, but you'll get most the info from a credit file and/or the lender - the agreement/dmp will not be able to confirm anything as data changes monthly, like I said earlier.

Now you're gonna be proper confused - good! Means that you're taking all this on-board

Comment

Thanks for your time with me today!!

Credit file, how do i get one, is that still a credit check? ( sorry once again im being dim!!)

Hubby is in same position as me, think he has 4 credit cards like i had, but my mum paid one off for me when we first split up as i was in flat out panic mode about the house!.. ill tell him, you never know he might join ha ha ha!!

Regards to doorstep collectors, ive never actually come face to face with one as yet, but im a bit of a gobby cow at times and might be enclined to tell them to eff off..then run and hide!!! but the whole letters being received was worrying i must admit.

Honestly im under no illusion that the credit card companies are "alright" and im sure they will get shitty with me at some point as its coming up to 2yrs since i started my DMP but had no problems so far, so im hoping i can continue this way while i decide whats best to do, as soon as they get funny with me then its BRING ON THE WAR!!!
                    Total CC Debt = £8762

Comment

Credit file, how do i get one, is that still a credit check?
                      Look here--> Credit Reference Agency Addresses

Comment

Originally posted by swanfan View Post
                        As Jen uses Barclays, its worth paying £2 for the Experian and Equifax files only - get a paper copy, sod the online version (its kinda crap in fairness) and then you'll know what is showing on there......

Barclays tend to record with Equifax but also started using Experian over the last few years so best to get them both!

Comment

Hubby is in same position as me, think he has 4 credit cards like i had, but my mum paid one off for me when we first split up as i was in flat out panic mode about the house!.. ill tell him, you never know he might join ha ha ha!!
                          Send him the link, no harm in him joining - unless you pair start fighting in which case i'll ban ya both

Regards to doorstep collectors, ive never actually come face to face with one as yet, but im a bit of a gobby cow at times and might be enclined to tell them to eff off..then run and hide!!! but the whole letters being received was worrying i must admit.
                          The letters are the easiest part, we can laugh at them and bin them - nothing to get mad/upset over, its simply a letter - right?

Honestly im under no illusion that the credit card companies are "alright" and im sure they will get shitty with me at some point as its coming up to 2yrs since i started my DMP but had no problems so far, so im hoping i can continue this way while i decide whats best to do, as soon as they get funny with me then its BRING ON THE WAR!!!
                          Best of luck, you may get lucky and find they're happy at the repayments - then again, maybe not - only time will tell. I thought in your line of work you'd be minted!

Comment

im a bit of a gobby cow at times and might be enclined to tell them to eff off..then run and hide!!!
                            Well you will fit right in here then!!

Lots to take in today for you!! I personally feel I wasted a year on my DMP but with hindsight i really do wish I had thought of going down the UE route sooner..... but hey ho I am on the way now...

Comment

Originally posted by LooLoo View Post
                              Well you will fit right in here then!!

Lots to take in today for you!! I personally feel I wasted a year on my DMP but with hindsight i really do wish I had thought of going down the UE route sooner..... but hey ho I am on the way now...
                              Yea, LooLoo's not exactly the silent sort.

Comment

Thanks, ill apply for my report now..

ha ha ha ill send him the link see what he says!!.. and its ok we dont fight, never have..even when we split up!!

And minted..i wish!!!.. im new to the role so still a bit green and cabbage looking, but hopefully it will turn into a good career, and good thing about it, lots of pay rises..yey!!!
                                Total CC Debt = £8762

Comment

Working...
                                X