GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script DCA Threatening Court Action in 7 days - Advice Please - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DCA Threatening Court Action in 7 days - Advice Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: DCA Threatening Court Action in 7 days - Advice Please

Originally posted by 5corpio
    Niddy (PM Sent)
    Hiya

Thanks for PM - without advertising and quoting the content, I think we can clearly see by the following - who this firm actually is and what it consists of (i.e. Husband and wife team):

---> http://www.b4-business.com/business-dir ... management

I'll leave it at that - I also have his address now, but unsure as to which address it is as he registers with two. Ergo, wait and see what happens as any court action will be easily defended and we'll look to reclaim all costs from them as well, for clear lack of knowledge regarding court rules..... ;LOL
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Hi All

Just a quick post to say a huge thanks for the effort you've put in to help, I really appreciate it.

I was interested to see that this company are registered with the OFT so a complaint will go to them today for breach of OFT guidelines.

[size=5]If they decide to take this to court then it'll be interesting to see their approach.

Thanks again

SnV
      "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi All

Just to let you know a complaint has gone today to the OFT regards the above.

SnV
        "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Obviously have touched a nerve!

Hi All

Obviously something has touched a nerve!! ;Hi

Tonight I received this email from Total Credit Management. ;Hi1

?Mr xxxxx, aka (salt and vinegar ) All contact details have been sent to you.

We will no longer be responding to you by email as we don’t wish your debt to xxxx vets to end up in the public domain via internet forums. ;Hi1

Please correspond via phone or post concerning your outstanding account.

Regards

Hmmmm could it really be they don't want their correspondance in the public domain out of concern for my debt or because they don't want their business practices to fall under the spot light?

If they had been reasonable and provided a bill or invoice as requested (as I genuinely have never received one) I wouldn't have felt the need to post in the first place!

Comment

Hi All

and Clive ;Hi1

Just got off the phone from talking to Trading Standards who I quote 'Sounds like a scam. A legitimate business would provide their postal address'.

They also agreed initial letter is a breach of OFT guidelines. So an official complaint has been raised with them also.

SnV

Comment

Hi All

And Clive again ;Hi1

For someone who said he was going to not correspond via email again he doesn't half like to go on.

Email received this afternoon:

Dear Mr/Mrs xxxx,

All details have been sent to you prevoiusly as well as the copy you were given when you brought your cat in. Another copy bill relating to your debt has been sent recorded delivery today.

Due to your postings on internet forums an address will not be supplied to you.

You can however correspond via the xxxx vets address which you are aware of.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltnVinegar
                Hi All

And Clive again ;Hi1

For someone who said he was going to not correspond via email again he doesn't half like to go on.

Email received this afternoon:

Dear Mr/Mrs xxxx,

All details have been sent to you prevoiusly as well as the copy you were given when you brought your cat in. Another copy bill relating to your debt has been sent recorded delivery today.

Due to your postings on internet forums an address will not be supplied to you.

You can however correspond via the xxxx vets address which you are aware of.
                WTF planet is this guy living on? I may actually write a reply to him myself, on your behalf - he cannot withold his address the numpty - what does he think he is, above the law? hahahaah

I hope he enjoys reading this - watch this space; in fact let him take you to court and i'll come with you and beat him myself before even walking in, we'll get the vets bill wiped and a few hundred compo for you plus my costs etc...... fcuk him.

Take him on, don't back down... you have him, nothing he can do will help him now - he is digging a bigger hole. And considering I know he has read this more than once (I already captured his IP address using his who-is info lol) and flagged it for activity, he has visited a couple of times ;LOL ;LOL

Maybe he will learn the law in the process...... ;-cow
                I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Hi Niddy

Will send you a PM

Thanks
                  SnV

Comment

DCA - Total Credit Management

Hi Niddy

Thanks for the post and taking time to help.

I received the bill referred to and the vet is legitimate, though I definately did not receive this bill in the post so need to check back through bank statements to see what/when has been paid to them in case there has been a mistake made here.

However, legitimate or not, there is now a matter of principle here for me, which is the conduct of Total Credit Management.

If they decide to take this to court, on what grounds would I be able to defend?

Thanks again for your help

Dave (aka SnV!)

Comment

Re: DCA - Total Credit Management

If they decide to take this to court, on what grounds would I be able to defend?
                      Well if you genuinely owe it, you simply ring the Vets and arrange a set amount to pay each month - when is this debt from, i.e. how long/old is it?

Comment

Hi Niddy

Yes, don't have a problem with that if its genuinly owed and happy to sort that.

I was just curious on your other comments. Was wondering if there were grounds on which I can take the DCA to court?

SnV

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt
                        Well if you genuinely owe it, you simply ring the Vets and arrange a set amount to pay each month - when is this debt from, i.e. how long/old is it?

Comment

Hi Niddy

Yes, don't have a problem with that if its genuinly owed and happy to sort that.

I was just curious on your other comments. Was wondering if there were grounds on which I can take the DCA to court?

SnV
                          You wouldn't take them to court, you'd win if they tried to take you though - I never condone or suggest taking anyone to court cos that is utter stupidity 99% of the time. Therefore my comments related to defending action they may attempt. ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt
                            You wouldn't take them to court, you'd win if they tried to take you though - I never condone or suggest taking anyone to court cos that is utter stupidity 99% of the time. Therefore my comments related to defending action they may attempt. ;-)
                            Thanks, it was an important point to clarify hence my question! k

btw had a call back from Trading Standards today who are [size=5]very interested in my complaint.

Comment

btw had a call back from Trading Standards today who are [size=5]very interested in my complaint.
                              go on............

Comment

When I first spoke to them their initial response was 'sounds like a scam'.

They were very surprised that the company in question have a consumer credit license and are registered with the OFT (who I have also spoken to and now have the postal address registered to this license, so any further communication is going to be sent to that).

They refused to comment on what action may be taken, but did state that on seeing the initial letter sent (with no postal address, and asking to be called on a mobile number, not to mention the 'potential' actions that 'may' be taken despite the fact they legally could not) that there may have been breaches of OFT Debt Collection Guidelines.

Even if I have done nothing else I have drawn the TS spotlight onto this particular DCA.........

SnV

Comment

Working...
                                X