GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script DCA Threatening Court Action in 7 days - Advice Please - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DCA Threatening Court Action in 7 days - Advice Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: DCA - Total Credit Management

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt
    go on............
    BTW 5:20am, don't you sleep?! ;LOL
    "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Re: DCA Threatening Court Action in 7 days - Advice Please

Hi All

Latest installment from Clive ;Hi

Dear Mr xxxxxx,

A visit was made to your property today to ascertain the viability of legal action against you.

We will be advising our client of our findings.

Clive Taylor
      "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

To which the response was:

Dear Mr Taylor

Please be advised that I will only communicate with you in writing.

Should it be your intention to arrange a “doorstep call”, please be advised that under OFT rules, you can only visit me at my home if you make an appointment and I have no wish to make an appointment with you.

There is only an implied license under English Common Law for people to be able to visit me on my property without express permission; the postman and people asking for directions etc (Armstrong v. Sheppard and Short Ltd [1959] 2 Q.B. per Lord Evershed M.R.).

Therefore take note that I revoke license under Common Law for you, or your representatives to visit me at my property and if you do so, then you will be liable to damages for a tort of trespass and action will be taken, including but not limited to, police attendance

Regards

Comment

To which the response (complete with typos!) was:

WITHOUT PREJUDICE

Dear Mr xxxxxx,

A visit was made on a public highway to ascertain the nature of the properties in the area before possible further action.

No direct visit was made to YOUR property.

I am pleaed to hear you have no received the vets bill and are satisfied its genuine from your internet postings .
          Our client looks forward to receiving payment of your debt on a monthly basis or otherwise.

Comment

So further complaint has gone in to Trading Standards and Clives emails have already been forwarded to them.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltnVinegar
              When I first spoke to them their initial response was 'sounds like a scam'.

They were very surprised that the company in question have a consumer credit license and are registered with the OFT (who I have also spoken to and now have the postal address registered to this license, so any further communication is going to be sent to that).

They refused to comment on what action may be taken, but did state that on seeing the initial letter sent (with no postal address, and asking to be called on a mobile number, not to mention the 'potential' actions that 'may' be taken despite the fact they legally could not) that there may have been breaches of OFT Debt Collection Guidelines.

Even if I have done nothing else I have drawn the TS spotlight onto this particular DCA.........

SnV
              Well i'm glad they agree, yes he has breached Debt Collection Guidelines..... also several other more serious ones such as:

On all of its business letters, order forms and websites a company must display:

* The part of the United Kingdom in which the company has its registered office (i.e. England and Wales, or Wales, or Scotland, or Northern Ireland)
              * The company’s registered number
              * The address of the company’s registered office
              * If a company is exempt from the requirement to use 'limited' in its name, the fact that it is a limited company
              * If the company is a community interest company which is not a public company, the fact that it is a limited company
              * If it is an investment company as defined by section 833 of the Companies Act 2006, the fact that it is this type of company
              * If it is a company which has chosen to display its share capital, it must display the amount of paid up share capital

See the bold highlights above - shame!!!
              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Re: DCA - Total Credit Management

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt
                go on............
                BTW 5:20am, don't you sleep?! ;LOL
                Not much
                I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

To which the response (complete with typos!) was:

WITHOUT PREJUDICE

Dear Mr xxxxxx,

A visit was made on a public highway to ascertain the nature of the properties in the area before possible further action.

No direct visit was made to YOUR property.

I am pleaed to hear you have no received the vets bill and are satisfied its genuine from your internet postings .
                  Our client looks forward to receiving payment of your debt on a monthly basis or otherwise.
                  Hmmm, ok so he thinks he has a leg to stand on when it comes to legal action does he? The guy is a clown, if he sends you court papers give me a shout i'll get my barrister mate to take it on for you and screw him for everything he has - we'll put his silly one man band out of business.....

Oh yea, whilst I remember - unless i'm mistaken you have never said you admit to the debt - this forum is proof of that - and for when Clive next looks at this thread - he'll clearly see my quote whereby you confirm the correct legal stance:

Click the above text for link to your quote ^^^^^^

One word/icon for Clive = 1

Comment

Niddy I have sent you a PM about this.
                    Niddified and proud!

Fought and won the UE battle, thanks to Niddy and this forum...
                    SB since 2016. Now have my life back!

(I used to be MustGetStraight but I've lost a "t")

Comment

Yea you did can you please re-send cos my pm's went awry!! I have ten folders that hold 500 each and erm, I lost a lot by not managing them properly lol

Comment

No probs !
                        Niddified and proud!

Fought and won the UE battle, thanks to Niddy and this forum...
                        SB since 2016. Now have my life back!

(I used to be MustGetStraight but I've lost a "t")

Comment

Hi

Just a quick update. I'm still waiting on copies of my bank statements from the period the invoice of the alleged debt refers to.

A physical letter has gone to TCM at the address the OFT gave me for them, advising them I am waiting on these statements.

Best

SnV

Comment

Just sat here and read all this. I can only say one thing about Clive......Diddy.....

I hope that you manage to sort all this out.

Good Luck
                            Started with a debt of £18,323.68 in May 2005. Everything now paid off but trying to sort out credit file now which is shot to bits. Now begins the journey.

Comment

Originally posted by livi.till.i.die
                              Just sat here and read all this. I can only say one thing about Clive......Diddy.....

I hope that you manage to sort all this out.

Good Luck
                              Thanks LTID!

Comment

Now DCA is refusing to sign for my letters!

Hi All

Quick update on this!

My letter, which was sent recorded delivery, has been refused to be signed for by the DCA!!!

I'm wondering how Clive ;Hi thinks that this is the best way to serve his client!

Best

SnV

Comment

Working...
                                X