GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Cabot/FIRE/MSDW - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cabot/FIRE/MSDW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Cabot/FIRE/MSDW

Originally posted by cymruambyth View Post
    Sorry, wasn't clear, letter will be in response to Cabot's threatogram
    You mean the one you received in January?!

If so, there's no point in sending anything now, as all it'll do is wake them up again.

**Edit**... just re-read your post. I assume you've had another letter from Cabot since January; threatening to escalate things now?
    Last edited by PriorityOne; 18 August 2012, 15:44.
    Remember the mantra:
    NEVER communicate by 'phone.

Send EVERYTHING by Recorded/Special Delivery
    Keep a copy of EVERYTHING sent
    Keep hold of EVERYTHING received

PriorityOne & CPUTR 2008 (ex P1 CAG CPUTR 2008)

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Yes that's right.
      "Haven't been in contact with them since letter from FOS, haven't paid etc, if don't contact them they will escalate etc."
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

FOS has not upheld my complaint; If they don't hear from me they will escalate the account accordingly!

I was just going to send a reply along the lines of the following unless anyone has any other suggestions.

I am in receipt of your letter dated

You have failed to comply with my requests under s 77/78 Consumer Credit Act 1974 and Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Relationships 2008. You have stated that you do not hold a copy of my original agreement. I am therefore waiting for you to obtain a copy of my original agreement.
        Yes that's right.
        "Haven't been in contact with them since letter from FOS, haven't paid etc, if don't contact them they will escalate etc."
        Ok... in that case, a suggested response is below:

Dear

Your Ref:

I do not acknowledge any debt to your company and refer to your letter of xx/xx/xx; where you stated very clearly that "Cabot does not and has at no time" held a copy of any alleged Consumer Credit Agreement pertaining to myself at all.

Should you decide to proceed with your escalation process in defiance of your own statement however, then please be advised that your actions will be considered as being unlawful and vexatious and quite frankly, a bit silly.

I trust this letter now clarifies your current position as well as my own and look forward to your written confirmation that this matter is now closed.

Yours faithfully,

Remember the mantra:
        NEVER communicate by 'phone.

Send EVERYTHING by Recorded/Special Delivery
        Keep a copy of EVERYTHING sent
        Keep hold of EVERYTHING received

PriorityOne & CPUTR 2008 (ex P1 CAG CPUTR 2008)

Comment

Thank you P1. I'm always a bit polite and wishy washy, that sounds more emphatic and appropriate!

Comment

Cheeky so and sos! Just found the letter from the FOS which arrived just after my father died and it states
            "we have now asked the business to send us the information they have about your complaint, which we need so we can investigate further..........."

I think I can drop them a line about Cabot's misleading letter threatening to 'escalate your account'

Comment

Guess what .........Cabot Group has recently bought this account and we need to contact them urgently etc etc lol

I think I may know how to reply to this one!

Comment

Working...
              X