GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Cabot/FIRE/MSDW - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cabot/FIRE/MSDW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cabot/FIRE/MSDW

Originally posted by thechippy View Post
    Would it help your cause if I send you a copy of mine to compare?
    absolutely fruitless unless they were the exact same product taken at the exact same time by the exact same underwriter assuming you both had the exact same credit profile.

Basically, comparisons is something we actively avoid here, as no two cases are the same and we do not lead people on to believe otherwise as it can be a costly affair mate.

Yea, by all means swap agreements whatever just so you can see what they look like but please, never compare - that would be so silly as no two agreements are ever identical - that'd be impossible (as credit is secured based on numerous factors such as liabilities and credit profile etc)....
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Hi, yes that would be great to add to my arsenal (I'm sure if I wait until I need such documents I will have forgotten about your kind offer!)
      My illegible agreement has obviously been folded and cut and pasted as the only legible bits are the writing on the form, not the form itself, plus there appear to be half lines!
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Oops, niddy ......
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by cymruambyth View Post
          Oops, niddy ......
          Just saying, it may confuse matters as opposed to actually help matters as you start to think things are wrong when actually they are not (with yours I mean)

Just be careful, the fact you have a copy of another users form means little anyway so try to see it with an open mind as such
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Good point Nid,

I'll send it anyway just out of interest.

The point I was trying to make is that a poster on CAG had a msdw agreement / application form from the same month and year as mine and you can tell by comparison that they started the same but were c&p'd to suit. One of the "adjustments" was obvious, but badly done in a way which I suspect would even convince a judge that they were playing silly buggers...
            -----------------------------------------------

Happiness, is screwing over a DCA.......

Comment

Originally posted by thechippy View Post
              The point I was trying to make is that a poster on CAG had a msdw agreement / application form from the same month and year as mine and you can tell by comparison that they started the same but were c&p'd to suit. One of the "adjustments" was obvious, but badly done in a way which I suspect would even convince a judge that they were playing silly buggers...
              Right point taken, and I can link you back to several cases where this is a fatal mistake - for instance; your age and status and previous credit etc would have given you different terms to the other person from CAG - so you took the same product at the same time, but I bet your rates were not the same and nor were the balances nor the payment history so in fairness this is why we say never ever compare as a like-for-like (a good 'risk' will not suffer as many rate-jacks as a 'higher-risk', for example).

However just for the sake of trying to establish if they do cut and paste, great - no harm caused, but we know they do so I still can't see what this achieves and being honest I am really against it and rather we didn't make a habit of it as it really doesn't work like that and it will affect someone and cost them dearly so best we nip it in the bud sooner that later.

Thanks - hope you understand my apprehension and caution over this approach.

Nothing personal

Comment

Having dealt with Cabot before I won't take anything for granted. I believe that this is a cut and paste job and would be interested to compare it to another 'agreement' without taking either to be gospel.

Comment

I know it's not personal mate - just thought it might help against these idiots...

Anyway, you know full well I like to come on here and irritate you now and again............

Comment

THANK YOU TO EVERYONE FOR ALL YOUR HELP

A letter in the post from Cabot:

'We have requested the relevant documentation from Barclaycard; however we have been informed that they are unable to provide the required information.
                    Therefore, I can confirm that Cabot has taken the decision to no longer pursue collection of this account. .....not a write-off, debt legally remains etc'

This was the result of the sites CRUTR letter followed by copies of my complaints to FOS and TS....

Comment

• Re: Cabot/FIRE/MSDW

Woo Hoo! What a great late birthday present

Comment

That's brilliant news Cym, I'm chuffed to bits for you
                        "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Brilliant...............

Comment

FOS has not upheld my complaint; If they don't hear from me they will escalate the account accordingly!

I was just going to send a reply along the lines of the following unless anyone has any other suggestions.

I am in receipt of your letter dated

You have failed to comply with my requests under s 77/78 Consumer Credit Act 1974 and Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Relationships 2008. You have stated that you do not hold a copy of my original agreement. I am therefore waiting for you to obtain a copy of my original agreement.

Comment

Originally posted by cymruambyth View Post
                              FOS has not upheld my complaint; If they don't hear from me they will escalate the account accordingly!

I was just going to send a reply along the lines of the following unless anyone has any other suggestions.

I am in receipt of your letter dated

You have failed to comply with my requests under s 77/78 Consumer Credit Act 1974 and Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Relationships 2008. You have stated that you do not hold a copy of my original agreement. I am therefore waiting for you to obtain a copy of my original agreement.
                              No surprise re. the FOS... I'd be more surprised if they upheld anything, to be honest.

Who/where is your letter going to?
                              Remember the mantra:
                              NEVER communicate by 'phone.

Send EVERYTHING by Recorded/Special Delivery
                              Keep a copy of EVERYTHING sent
                              Keep hold of EVERYTHING received

PriorityOne & CPUTR 2008 (ex P1 CAG CPUTR 2008)

Comment

Sorry, wasn't clear, letter will be in response to Cabot's threatogram

Comment

Working...
                                X