GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script drydensfairfax solicitor - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

drydensfairfax solicitor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: drydensfairfax solicitor

Please check email. I honestly don't think we can do much here other than to ask them to explain things and send copies of statements - so a letter is waiting in your inbox for you.

Literally it's a case of you said you'd closed it now it's reopened, I need statements to quantify your claim of payment and don't hassle me for 2 weeks as I'm away. Lets see what they send back - but no SAR yet as right now I'd be more inclined to see what the DCA are up to based on them previously closing this account - anyway, try not to worry. Enjoy your holiday and let us know if you get any replies upon your return.
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
      Please check email. I honestly don't think we can do much here other than to ask them to explain things and send copies of statements - so a letter is waiting in your inbox for you.

Literally it's a case of you said you'd closed it now it's reopened, I need statements to quantify your claim of payment and don't hassle me for 2 weeks as I'm away. Lets see what they send back - but no SAR yet as right now I'd be more inclined to see what the DCA are up to based on them previously closing this account - anyway, try not to worry. Enjoy your holiday and let us know if you get any replies upon your return.
      Thank youfor sending me the letter I send it off before I went on my hols .I have nowreturn from hols and received a reply from Drydensfairfax state that thereclient closed the case under a previous reference number but there is noadmission in the letter that the debt is subject to the limitation act 19890and there client simply re-instruct under a new reference number. the go on tosay it clearly state in there letter dated 7th August 2015 that a payment wasmade in the sum of £73 on 1/6/2010 and they look forward to receiving my offerof repayment in order to prevent further action. They attached financialquestionnaire and payment offer documents to the letter. It seems by readingthe letter they have sent the strongest argument they have is the payment theyclaim I made on the 1/6/2010 but the haven’t really provide any proof apartfrom copies of the statements, do you think this enough for them to take me tocourt for this old debt?

Comment

Did you pay that sum in 2010? No right?

The letter asked them to prove this payment - if they've not then they have issues. They can't just issue a new reference, you must be told and be aware.

Can you please email the letter you sent and the reply so I can check how best to respond. Thanks.
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Did you pay that sum in 2010? No right?

The letter asked them to prove this payment - if they've not then they have issues. They can't just issue a new reference, you must be told and be aware.

Can you please email the letter you sent and the reply so I can check how best to respond. Thanks.
          Thank you for your relpy. I cant recall making the payment in 2010. and they have not provided any proof in the letter, they only send me a statement in prevoius correpondance. I will send you the letter shortly. do I send it to the email have used before?

Comment

Originally posted by rod View Post
            Thank you for your relpy. I cant recall making the payment in 2010. and they have not provided any proof in the letter, they only send me a statement in prevoius correpondance. I will send you the letter shortly. do I send it to the email have used before?
            it's in my signature below - webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Thanks - will know what is best once I see their letter

Comment

it's in my signature below - webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Thanks - will know what is best once I see their letter
              thanks will do shortly

Comment

I would likely send something like this back to Drydens....
                Dear Sirs,

Ref: xxxxxxxx

I refer to the above matter and your letter dated 10 September 2015, the contents of which are noted.

In your letter you say that you've just changed the reference number and that a payment was made on 1st June 2010. However, in my original letter dated 20th August 2015 I asked you to substantiate your claims with evidence - ie actual statements - but for some reason you are avoiding this, why?

There was no payment made in June 2010 - you are clearly mistaken and I now demand that you investigate this matter fully and respond with confirmation that no payment was made - as agreed by Arrow in previous correspondence. A returned payment and late payment charge of £12 was shown on the statement in question and unless I am mistaken (unlikely), a returned payment is not physical cash - it usually means the creditor added the DD amount as paid when in fact it was not, so on the following statement they return the payment that was never actually taken.

This account is closed and I have confirmation of this from Arrow Global. I deem your behaviour as threatening and harassing and if it continues then I will seek legal advice as well as report you to your regulatory bodies.

I expect your response to be apologetic, confirming that no payment was made and that the account is closed as per previous acknowledgement made by Arrow Global.

Yours faithfully,

Sign Digitally

Comment

I would likely send something like this back to Drydens....
                  Dear Sirs,

Ref: xxxxxxxx

I refer to the above matter and your letter dated 10 September 2015, the contents of which are noted.

In your letter you say that you've just changed the reference number and that a payment was made on 1st June 2010. However, in my original letter dated 20th August 2015 I asked you to substantiate your claims with evidence - ie actual statements - but for some reason you are avoiding this, why?

There was no payment made in June 2010 - you are clearly mistaken and I now demand that you investigate this matter fully and respond with confirmation that no payment was made - as agreed by Arrow in previous correspondence. A returned payment and late payment charge of £12 was shown on the statement in question and unless I am mistaken (unlikely), a returned payment is not physical cash - it usually means the creditor added the DD amount as paid when in fact it was not, so on the following statement they return the payment that was never actually taken.

This account is closed and I have confirmation of this from Arrow Global. I deem your behaviour as threatening and harassing and if it continues then I will seek legal advice as well as report you to your regulatory bodies.

I expect your response to be apologetic, confirming that no payment was made and that the account is closed as per previous acknowledgement made by Arrow Global.

Yours faithfully,

Sign Digitally
                  Thank you for your help on thi... I will send this off right way

Comment

Thank you for your help on thi... I will send this off right way
                    I have now received a reply from drydensfairfax stating that they have referred the letter to the compliance team for investigation and enclosed a copy of the their complaints procedure which states that the will send me a final response in within 4 weeks. I quess I wil just have to sit back and wait for the reply?.

Thanks
                    Rod

Comment

I quess I wil just have to sit back and wait for the reply?.
                      Sounds good

Comment

Sounds good
                        I have now receive a reply from drydensfax dated 20/11/2015 which detailed my complaint and there response to it and they are now saying that because I made an atempting to make a payment of £73 on 1/7/2010 its in the period of 6yrs so I am still liable for the debt. do yuo knowe if this is the case?

Comment

I haven't read all your posts, did you try to make that payment? If you did was the letter signed?
                          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I have now receive a reply from drydensfax dated 20/11/2015 which detailed my complaint and there response to it and they are now saying that because I made an atempting to make a payment of £73 on 1/7/2010 its in the period of 6yrs so I am still liable for the debt. do yuo knowe if this is the case?
                            Who cares what they 'think'? Did you or did you not, attempt to make payment in 2010?

That is the question we need answering....

Comment

Who cares what they 'think'? Did you or did you not, attempt to make payment in 2010?

That is the question we need answering....
                              I dont think I did they are only quoting an entry on a copied statement

Comment

does the entry relate to you making a payment? or is it a phantom payment??
                                I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
                                X