GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script drydensfairfax solicitor - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

drydensfairfax solicitor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: drydensfairfax solicitor

It seems as though this one has been firing off in all directions without any coherent plan of action. If there is an outstanding CCA request from January, then a further one should never have been sent.

So, you don't know the exact date of the last payment or written acknowledgement? I suppose not, given that you don't even know for sure what on Earth this relates to.

For once I disagree with Niddy – I think a “prove it” letter was appropriate in this case, as the alleged creditor has provided no account information to substantiate the existence of any alleged debt, and the recipient of these letters cannot even ascertain as to what they refer.

Here is what I would send -

FORMAL COMPLAINT

Dear Sir,

I am in receipt of your letter dated xx/xx/2014, which I deem to be highly inappropriate, and a total misrepresentation of the ongoing situation.

Please note the following -

On xx/xx/2014 (2013?) I received a communication from your office demanding payment of the sum of £6,924, which you alleged was owed to Arrow Global Guernsey Limited. Despite this, you failed to provide any substantiation of the existence of the alleged debt, its purported origins, or its future assignment to the present alleged creditor. When asked, in a communication of [date of the prove it letter], to provide this necessary substantiation, you were once again unable to do so.

Notwithstanding the above consideration, on 3rd January 2014, I forwarded a request for information pursuant to section 78 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974. This request remains in default, and as a consequence any alleged debt to which your initial communication refers remains unenforceable at law until this default is remedied. You stated, in a communication of xx January 2014, that you would place the alleged “account” on hold until you had referred back to the alleged creditor for supporting information. Despite this contention, you have continued to send inappropriate and threatening correspondence which is entirely out of context with the prevailing situation, and you have failed to provide any update relating to your purported interaction with the alleged “account holder.”

Unless you are able to substantiate the existence of the alleged debt with supporting evidence, such as the name of the original creditor, the date of account inception, the number of the account, the date of termination, and the date of assignment to the present holder, I am obviously unable to take any position other than that of continuing to request such evidence. Should you remain unable to support your unsubstantiated allegation of indebtedness, I can only suggest that you refer the matter back to your client permanently.

At the same time, I would send an SAR to Santander, if that is who you believe the original creditor to be. As there is nearly £7,000 at stake, this is worth doing properly. If you receive statements which prove the six year gap, you can then use them as evidence should Arrow finally locate the agreement and remedy the default of s. 78 CCA 1974.

SH

Comment

Originally posted by ScabHunter View Post
      It seems as though this one has been firing off in all directions without any coherent plan of action. If there is an outstanding CCA request from January, then a further one should never have been sent.

So, you don't know the exact date of the last payment or written acknowledgement? I suppose not, given that you don't even know for sure what on Earth this relates to.

For once I disagree with Niddy – I think a “prove it” letter was appropriate in this case, as the alleged creditor has provided no account information to substantiate the existence of any alleged debt, and the recipient of these letters cannot even ascertain as to what they refer.

Here is what I would send -

FORMAL COMPLAINT

Dear Sir,

I am in receipt of your letter dated xx/xx/2014, which I deem to be highly inappropriate, and a total misrepresentation of the ongoing situation.

Please note the following -

On xx/xx/2014 (2013?) I received a communication from your office demanding payment of the sum of £6,924, which you alleged was owed to Arrow Global Guernsey Limited. Despite this, you failed to provide any substantiation of the existence of the alleged debt, its purported origins, or its future assignment to the present alleged creditor. When asked, in a communication of [date of the prove it letter], to provide this necessary substantiation, you were once again unable to do so.

Notwithstanding the above consideration, on 3rd January 2014, I forwarded a request for information pursuant to section 78 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974. This request remains in default, and as a consequence any alleged debt to which your initial communication refers remains unenforceable at law until this default is remedied. You stated, in a communication of xx January 2014, that you would place the alleged “account” on hold until you had referred back to the alleged creditor for supporting information. Despite this contention, you have continued to send inappropriate and threatening correspondence which is entirely out of context with the prevailing situation, and you have failed to provide any update relating to your purported interaction with the alleged “account holder.”

Unless you are able to substantiate the existence of the alleged debt with supporting evidence, such as the name of the original creditor, the date of account inception, the number of the account, the date of termination, and the date of assignment to the present holder, I am obviously unable to take any position other than that of continuing to request such evidence. Should you remain unable to support your unsubstantiated allegation of indebtedness, I can only suggest that you refer the matter back to your client permanently.

At the same time, I would send an SAR to Santander, if that is who you believe the original creditor to be. As there is nearly £7,000 at stake, this is worth doing properly. If you receive statements which prove the six year gap, you can then use them as evidence should Arrow finally locate the agreement and remedy the default of s. 78 CCA 1974.

SH
      Thanks for this.

When you say send a SAR what do you mean?

Comment

Originally posted by rod View Post
        Thanks for this.

When you say send a SAR what do you mean?
        Sorry, I should realise not everyone knows the jargon that we use every day. A SAR is a Subject Access Request. It should get you the copy statements that will demonstrate exactly when the last payment was made.

SH

Comment

Be warned that the above complaint may still not stop action being taken.

Drydens took me to court (on behalf of Arrow) despite there being an outstanding Section 77/78 request of which Drydens were well aware of.

Drydens were forced to discontinue in my case as they were unable to provide documentation, however I still had to incur costs in defending due to the amount of the claim involved.

Your above posts suggest this account is Statute Barred, therefore that could be used as a complete defence.

I would do as Tech Clerk suggests rather than go down the "complaint letter" avenue, which could cause more issues as it forces an investigation to take place.
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by ScabHunter View Post
            Sorry, I should realise not everyone knows the jargon that we use every day. A SAR is a Subject Access Request. It should get you the copy statements that will demonstrate exactly when the last payment was made.

SH
            Thanks

where can I access a template

Comment

Thanks

where can I access a template

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I sent drydensfairfax solicitor a letter(see below) on 29/9/14 and I received a reply on the 10/10/14 stating that the a/c is now closed with them and I should forward any correspondence to Arrow Global. do you think this will be the end of it?

Account No/Reference No: XXXXXXXXXXX
                I have sent you a CCA request letter on 3/1/14 with £1 postal order enclosed. I have attached your Letter dated 7/1/14 confirming your acknowledgment of receiving my letter.

Yours faithfully,
                Mr rod
                Last edited by IF; 31 October 2014, 15:47. Reason: Removed name and ref no.

Comment

Removed name and ref no
                  "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

You never know with Arrow Global. Some go completely dead after a CCA Request or a challenge (touch wood), so just keep you head down and see what (if anything) they send next.

Comment

Originally posted by IF View Post
                      Removed name and ref no
                      Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Undercover Elsa View Post
                        You never know with Arrow Global. Some go completely dead after a CCA Request or a challenge (touch wood), so just keep you head down and see what (if anything) they send next.

Ok thanks

Comment

I sent drydensfairfax solicitor a letter . . . I received a reply on the 10/10/14 stating that the a/c is now closed with them and I should forward any correspondence to Arrow Global. do you think this will be the end of it?
                          I expect you will probably get a letter from Arrow saying that they do not "envisage" themselves as legally responsible for the CCA response but nevertheless they will ask Santander for the documents. Then it will go quiet possibly for months.

If they come up with some documents they will write to you again before sending it off to a DCA because Arrow outsource all their collections.

If no documents are forthcoming you may never hear from them again because despite the FCA new rules Arrow will never ever admit a debt is unenforceable. They just fall silent.

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
                            I expect you will probably get a letter from Arrow saying that they do not "envisage" themselves as legally responsible for the CCA response but nevertheless they will ask Santander for the documents. Then it will go quiet possibly for months.

If they come up with some documents they will write to you again before sending it off to a DCA because Arrow outsource all their collections.

If no documents are forthcoming you may never hear from them again because despite the FCA new rules Arrow will never ever admit a debt is unenforceable. They just fall silent.
                            ok thanks

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post

After receiving a letter from drydensfairfax on 10/10/14 stating that the matter is now close with them, I hare now received a letter from them dated 10/11/14 stating that a CCJ has been issued against me in accordance with instructions they have received from their client (Arrow) and I will shortly relieve the document showing the amount of £7,434,82.

Can you advise me if this is enforceable considering that this debt is over 6yrs old, shall i now instruct a solicitor? or shall i send them a Statute Barred letter?

Comment

Im wondering if there were perhaps two people looking at your case Rod: one decided to send the closed letter, the other a CCJ threat (hopefully just that).
                                Im sure someone will be along soon to help mate, try not to stress - its Friday too
                                When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

Comment

Working...
                                X