GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script A DCA Writes - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A DCA Writes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: A DCA Writes

We are here to help you by maintaining debt slavery just as our paymasters would wish.

We apparently dont really communicate very well and its not our fault if when you think you have done the decent thing and paid it all back that you find one of the creditors wasnt decent at all and now because of interest you probably owe more than when you started 556 years ago.

But lucky for you we can offer another plan allowing you many more years of debt servitude.

But at least we are free. We do allow for both sides of the loo roll to be used in our calculations so we are very generous on living expenses.

But dont expect to have a life because if you do then you really do need to look up slavery in a dictionary.

Comment

Let's not forget whom fund these charities. They are PAID by the banks to ermmm, dare I say collect for the banks! Clearly there's a huge conflict when Barclays pump £300,000+ into such a charity each year (that's just one bank remember) cos obviously these charities then encourage debtors to pay it back.

I remember the payplan letter to a user here that stated something along the lines of "HSBC have agreed to your repayment of £1 per calendar month commencing xx/xx/xxxx and ending 01/11/2074". The user was a pensioner.

My point is, ANYONE could see that paying £1 was futile. A total write off and/or £500 settlement/tax write-off should have been applied. Christ, the person will be dead before HSBC get £500!

Crazy ass world we live in where greed is lust and lust is power.

Basically we're full of
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
        I remember the payplan letter to a user here that stated something along the lines of "HSBC have agreed to your repayment of £1 per calendar month commencing xx/xx/xxxx and ending 01/11/2074". The user was a pensioner.

My point is, ANYONE could see that paying £1 was futile. A total write off and/or £500 settlement/tax write-off should have been applied. Christ, the person will be dead before HSBC get £500!
        Why would they do that? As in a genuine question?. Is it cause they are just plonkers who dont realise what they have just organised or is it more subtle than that?

Like keeping it alive with the £1 pcm with a view further down the line being able to extract more out of somewhere. (what Jon was on about earlier with probate hoping there is something in the pot they can get their grimey hands on?)

Being a charity then many people wont think for one minute there is an alternative agenda going on.

Because as you say ANYONE can see the futility of it all. They will be long gone so it does seem strange the bank doesnt let go.

Comment

Ermmm we are a charity. We're not registered as one and nor do we need to. However we prefer to class ourselves as a Social Enterprise which does more accurately reflect us.

Point is ANYONE can say they're a charity
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Some good points raised. I especially like the idea of a buyback scheme where the dca gives the debtor an opportunity to pay them cost + small completion fee (1% or so) of the debt purchase price. This way the dca wins a small profit but lots of awards and plaudits and secondly debtors would surely be more prone to accepting a settlement if no genuine dispute exists.

Of course, an unenforceable debt will never be repaid however if a dca said "come on mate, give us a grand and we'll walk away & remove the default with the CRA's" I reckon a lot of debtors would be a lot more forthcoming.

Just my 2 pence worth. Not that I know what I'm on about or anything
            This would be perfect, albeit even if a DCA offered to settle an alleged £5000k debt for £550 I'd need time to pay as I just don't have that sort of money sitting around. If they let me pay over a couple of years however I'd probably go for it just to remove the hassle and know that closure was in sight.

Comment

Originally posted by fedupwiththeworry View Post
              This would be perfect, albeit even if a DCA offered to settle an alleged £5000k debt for £550 I'd need time to pay as I just don't have that sort of money sitting around. If they let me pay over a couple of years however I'd probably go for it just to remove the hassle and know that closure was in sight.
              And the difference of the debt v your £550 is tax deductible at source so the bank lose nothing anyway!

Comment

And the difference of the debt v your £550 is tax deductible at source so the bank lose nothing anyway!

Plus they've most likely had plenty of interest actually paid by the debtor prior to the a/c going deliquent as well....... Got to feel sorry for them haven't you ?

Comment

Originally posted by cardiac arrest View Post
                  Sorry, SCDC.....
                  [/COLOR]

Sounds like a rock band

Comment

Nice veneer to cover up what you are up to though.

Maybe they should actually be classed as DCA's. Industry inhouse ones.

Just they dont use the scarey letters, threats and interesting tactics your normal run of the mill ones do.

They use shame to make you pay.

You have identified yourself as a vunerable cant pay by approaching them in the first place.

So scarey stuff isnt good form.

Be good if you were able to work out each OC takes turns to leave the interest running. Need some conspiracy therorists to work that out

Comment

For a DCA, keeping as many account 'performing' as possible boosts the potential sale value when they batch them up with a load of 'non performing' accounts to sell on.

I wrote to my DCA, some years ago, to offer them a F&F as I said I was unlikely to live to 737 years old to pay off the debt. In fact they would be lucky to get £300 out of me before I snuffed it...so i said, look...take £250 now and call it day eh ?

Their response suggested they believe I am immortal .

Comment

Originally posted by fedupwiththeworry View Post
                        Sounds like a rock band
                        A 'current' one ?

Comment

Originally posted by cardiac arrest View Post
                          A 'current' one ?

No = He may Raisin an objection.
                          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Of course by keeping the debt alive they would have a claim on any estate (if there is one). When I was working I was worth far more dead than alive and could have easily paid off my debts .

Before I came over to the dark side (or was it from the dark side?) I was berated for suggesting that these "free" DMP providers had another motive

Comment

Cheers Jon.

Does make sense. Glad we aint in one. Wonder what return they make on their charitable donations. Wonder how much debt they manage to keep alive waiting for the grim reaper to allow them to feast on whats left.

Comment

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that 80% of debtors that are paying £1 token payments will end up paying out of their estate if there is one when they pass.

Especially seeing as government are forcing pensions out to all workers
                                I am an IT Professional with a Background in most Microsoft Based Technologies. Currently Proud to Work at one of the Leading UK Universities. I have that Mentality of "If I can provide Useful Input - then I will Try my best to do so"

Life is full of Ups and Downs. Shame it just aint simple.

Comment

Working...
                                X