GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script A DCA Writes - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A DCA Writes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: A DCA Writes

Originally posted by fedupwiththeworry View Post
    What, how much they paid for a debt ? Not sure, I just worked on 10% but it's probably less than that. Nice job if you can get it as the saying goes.
    Between 8-12p in the £ is the average purchase price of a delinquent debt.
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Do you know if the OC gets a further 'commision' on the ultimate settlement of any of these accounts...?

Comment

Originally posted by cardiac arrest View Post
        Do you know if the OC gets a further 'commision' on the ultimate settlement of any of these accounts...?
        No they'd not, and that's quite irrelevant as well as its nothing to do with the purchase price of said debt.

Usually, even after absolute assignment, the dca has recourse to return the account and/or elements of it back to the OC so in cases where its clearly a mess they can just return it back to the OC.

I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
          No they'd not, and that's quite irrelevant as well as its nothing to do with the purchase price of said debt.

Usually, even after absolute assignment, the dca has recourse to return the account and/or elements of it back to the OC so in cases where its clearly a mess they can just return it back to the OC.

A good sign then if it starts to be pass the parcel...or pass the 'hot potato'....(for the debtor) ?

Comment

Money to the individual, like us, is a means to live. Credit is an alternative form of money. Money to a bank is a commodity, like the talents in the bible, they must increase this commodity or feel the wrath of their lords and masters. They prefer credit to having to handle coin and paper.

Banks did not use to sell on debts by individuals as not many people had bank accounts. However in the last forty years or so, everybody has been forced to use banking in one form or another for wages, for benefits and for telephone and internet purchases. DCAs are the unfortunate cancer that has grown alongside some financial freedom.

The upshot is that banks hold a garage sale of unwanted products and DCAs take pot luck and buy lots blind. Then like a Delboy Trotter they scheme to get as much back as possible. The punter must look out for himself.

So the mechanisms used to collect are as cheap as possible, such as telephone calls and emails, 2nd class post with transparent envelopes, they do the equivalent of blackmailing you into paying by making it obvious to the whole community in which you live.

If their costs go up, they may not be able to make it through the winter, so they stay lean and mean, because they can.

Comment

1st Credit will post here tomorrow - I'd really appreciate it if you do not abuse them. They have been invited by me to comment based on them winning a dca compliance award for a third successive year. They are interested to know what they can do to make it easier for you to communicate and pay, where necessary.

As some of you know, we have a working relationship with the Head of Compliance at 1st Credit and if you're in shit he will try and resolve things amicably so they are already proving that they're not like the other dca's who couldn't give a shit unless they're getting paid. I can confirm that a couple of dca's - one being 1st - DO actually try and help debtors wherever possible.

Just recently I know of a case where they've given a user here a years breàthing space. Not many can say they've been that helpful can they?

If you've got a genuine grievance and 1st Credit are chasing you, then you'd do well to appreciate the effort we both put in to maintain this relationship and as such I do not want anyone having a go at any rep of 1st Credit. If they can help, then trust me they will but ONLY if you talk to them. After all, they're not psychic and most probably unaware of any dispute.

Use the resources provided to your advantage, including having access to someone so senior at 1st Credit, willing to give up their time to try and help you.

Thanks.

Comment

Re 1st Credit, whether they have cleaned up their act recently or not I do not know, when they were chasing me I was asked by 1st Credit to reduce my mortgage payments to pay them more money which as we all know is a no no, I complained and they told me the call was recorded so I did complain officially to be met with abuse from a manager and an utter denial from the member of staff involved, and the call recorded was in a storage system that the data could not be retrieved from, they just did not listen or did not want to help me when I needed it so what is new now?
                Maybe it will help people in future but to me they are still a DCA, all tarred with the same brush? Yes!

My opinion only, and I can only speak from experience.

Comment

I think anything that can get two very distant sides to understand the other better then that has to be a good thing.

Isnt Jaw Jaw much better than War War.

We all have a very dim view of Banks and DCA's because of our own experiences.

But hand on heart I doubt everybody can say every Bank/DCA is the same and even different people can have very different experiences with different DCA's.

For us its RBS. We actually feel sorry for them. But many of you have right royal tussles with them.

I think 1st Credit should get credit where credit is due. If a DCA engaged with the debtor more personally then perhaps the debtor would engage more constructively with them.

As per Niddys post perhaps just the very fact of a resheduled repayment plan just when you need most it would be met with a greater wish to pay what is owed.

We only came here because of a period of unemployment and a DCA instead of dropping our payments was asking for more. That so to speak broke the camels back and drove us here.

I would be interested to hear what the guy has to say.

Comment

One one hand I suppose I have 1st Credit to thank, if it wasn't for their attitude that got me fired up against DCA's in the first place I would not be here nor would I be 16k to the good because of UE.
                    I am hoping that this will prove beneficial for people currently having problems with them, mine are over with I am glad to say, that is where I am leaving this now.

Comment

Totally agree Vossy.

But one DCA in this case 1st Credit themselves they have put you in a position where somebody is gonna potentially lose 16 grand.

Perhaps if they had understood your concerns and tried to help you then, you would be blissfully paying it all back now.

I know its their job to do what they do. But they could do it with some humanity.

PS I am not a bank/DCA advocate but vice versa I do think (not on here) some posters I have read are taking the piss and deserve to be in court. Internet warriors sometimes think their own dispute is more important that the actual debtors problems.

I think both sides have become polarised and any inititative to bring some understanding to both may help someone further down the line who doesnt think hey I will try the internet to try and find a solution but instead thinks the solution is on the end of a rope or in a bottle of pills.

1st Credit deserve to be heard cause I know one thing I wouldnt like to go out to bat for all debtors on a DCA forum. This takes some guts if it truely is to try and reach out.

Comment

I've not come into contact with 1st credit...but I think a lot of us debtors are aware that DCA's pay about 10% or so of the debts value...and then move heaven and earth to claim the full amount...only offering a 'discount' when backed into a corner.

I would like to see more negotiation from DCA's...they are not the injured party, the OC was, but gave up..so not many of us feel any (much) obligation to a DCA...so there isn't much love lost. But a DCA who is prepared to hold their hands up and say ok I know you can't afford, and I don't want to spend a fortune chasing the debt and hassling you...so how about you pay a quarter/half or something ...then we'll call it settled.

They make a quick buck..everyone happy/happier...

I wonder why DCA's don't want to go down that line...is it a vindictive streak in them that makes them go for the jugular...how much blood do they want ?

Comment

Originally posted by ken100464 View Post
                          This takes some guts if it truely is to try and reach out.
                          Lets see eh? Weren't 1st Credit the ones to ignore everything you had to say and just head for Northampton?

I agree though, if it helps someone else that's great, in my case I had no idea that mine were UE until I got fired up, I had been happily paying for years and would probably still be today.

Comment

Originally posted by missy View Post
                            So true! Outsource and pretend they don't know what's going on.
                            Perhaps we should pretend to have done likewise?

Comment

Originally posted by ken100464 View Post
                              I know its their job to do what they do. But they could do it with some humanity.
                              One might as well have required that of the Schutzstaffel.

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
                                One might as well have required that of the Schutzstaffel.
                                Yeah but Hitler had much more clout - even in 1925.

I put the Schutzstaffel now on par with ATOS!

Comment

Working...
                                X