GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Dealings with Lowell - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dealings with Lowell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dealings with Lowell

Lol, and onto the merry go round I go..

After sending Debtors Final Response - No CCA Received and receiving no more communication's from Blue/purpley Lowells, I now have a lovely RED one to file

Lowell have passed my details onto Red, who will be obtaining a copy of my credit file - (Is this going to be added as a search? Will them doing this affect my credit rating which should by rights be clear (finally) by the end of this year?)

I presume I send back sold whilst in dispute?

On the plus side, I'm guessing as they've moved me over to RED they haven't got the information I requested after all lol

Comment

Originally posted by alwaysskint View Post
      Lowell have passed my details onto Red
      NO, they haven't.

If you look closely at the two letters, you will see they have the same numbers for their Regulations at the bottom.

Red are just a trading name of lowells, nothing else.
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Sorry Oscar, I was being sarcastic ;-)
        I am more than aware that it's the same company lol

I was quoting their letter about 'passing on my details to red'
        Last edited by alwaysskint; 22 August 2011, 18:04. Reason: clarification

Comment

I gather from the friend who pointed me in this direction, that Lowell would have paid in the region of 10p per £100 owed , which means they have well and truly made their money and then some off me!

Hi,

I was just wondering if this is correct? I have a disputed account which Barclaycard have sold to Lowell (I know they shouldn't have and letters have been sent, am currently awaiting responses) and if this is true would they accept a much lower settlement figure? (The total alleged debt is £7000ish).

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Wicca303 View Post
            Hi,

I was just wondering if this is correct? I have a disputed account which Barclaycard have sold to Lowell (I know they shouldn't have and letters have been sent, am currently awaiting responses) and if this is true would they accept a much lower settlement figure? (The total alleged debt is £7000ish).

Thanks.
            Start at £700 ...work up in £50's
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I would have suggested that the figures quoted above are a just a bit wild. The more normal rate is 10p in the pound up to about 12p in the pound. This appalling trade buys large blocks of alleged debt and then recovers what it can from the most vulnerable on those books.

As I2D says start at the 10% figure and no higher and I would never go above the 20% figure because a debt buyer is then making 100% profit on their purchase. If they still refuse, pull it off the table without compunction and start playing hardball like the docs route and CPUTR route. Some of them will come back to the table and behave more sensibly on the basis that something is better then nothing. If they do this do not accept their offer of settlement but drop back to 15% max to start and always stop sghort of the 20.

Garlok

Comment

Couldn't agree more Garlok! Let them make some profit so we don't miss them, but don't be taken for a ride!

I always find putting profit in percentage terms puts things in perspective.

Comment

Interesting experience with Lowells these last few days or so. On Clairebear's thread she has posted up some very recent correpsondence from Barclaycard. I happened to take a second glance at the logo. The letters from Lowells to us contained the Notice of Assignment from Barclaycard. When I compared that Notice with a "real" BC letter and clairebear's correspondence. It is perfectly possible that the "Lowells version" is a complete fabrication, a forgery. the logo is the wrong size, it is coloured purple and green, not two tone blue, it is the wrong size, it is postioned incorrectly etc.

The return address on the envelope seal was in Bristol. Has anyone else come across this?

Garlok

Comment

Back again on my own thread :-)

So, having heard nothing since August 2011 - when Lowells allegedly forwarded my details to Red (same company) and having received, zilch, nada, SFA since, today I received another lovely letter from Lowells, thanking me for my recent correspondence (?? Say what?! I have definitely NOT been in any recent correspondence pmsl), and apologize for the delay in responding -(aww that's nice of them)

They note that I continue to dispute on the basis they failed to supply a copy of the signed original credit agreement
                    They continue with some blurb about what the Consumer Credit Act says they should do in response to section 77/78, and how the documents required to be supplied have been the subject to a lengthy test case (Carey v HSBC)
                    They confirm that I stated the copy agreement doesn't state the prescribed term (That's because you sent me a copy of the application form)

They then say that they see I have failed to specify the terms of the agreement I believe are missing and having considered the agreement both Cap1 and Lowells believe the agreement is legally enforceable (yes, of course you do)

They look forward to hearing from me in the next 14 days as to the specific reasons that I believe the certain terms have been omitted,and failing this they will have no real alternative than to take further collection action to recover the debt, which MAY include legal action and increase the debt payable with the addition of legal fees and interest.

Ok, so....
                    1. Do you want/need to see a copy of the letter?

2. I haven't been on my credit report since I checked the default date at the start of this thread, so for this one the default date was Oct 2005.
                    I made no payments until 2008, then made reduced payments until 2010 when I found this site.
                    Will it be statute barred by now? Or will the SB clock have started in 2010 when I ceased making payments

3. What letter should I be sending back?

Thanks in advance
                    Always x
                    Last edited by alwaysskint; 19 May 2012, 11:22. Reason: Omitted

Comment

You started the clock again with the payments in 2010.

letter sounds like the normal shyte from Lowells

personally I would send the missing prescribed terms back again or a one liner referring them to the letter you previously sent (prescribed terms).

basically from this, they have nothing, can find nothing, are trying to bluff their position.

Comment

Thanks dopey, thought as much, but nice to have it confirmed

Will send missing prescribed terms again, I do so like this letter ping pong ;-)

Comment

Morning!

Received another letter:
                          "We're here to help you get your account up to date
                          Lowell Portfolio bought the CC debt and have asked Lowell Financial to get in touch....." blah de blah de blah
                          (Not like I already know it's the same bloomin' company)

What, if any, response please?

Always x

Comment

What, if any, response please?

Always x
                            file it away and sit tight.....
                            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Blimey, that was quick lol

Thought so, but nice to check, thanks x

Comment

Hmmm, must be something in the air with Lowells - maybe they're trying to get some money together for their Xmas party or something...?

Received an 'Our next steps'letter today telling me that in previous correspondence they said they'd send my account to RED DCA who will assess my credit file and financial commitments which could include legal action, the issuing of a statutory demand which if unpaid could result in a petition for bankruptcy if over £750 - its just over £200 so there, ner ner na ner ner!

This is the last time they're going to write before passing it on to RED (oh if only that were true lol)

Do I ignore?
                                (I'm thinking yes)

Comment

Working...
                                X