GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script SOS Need Help With Bailiff - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SOS Need Help With Bailiff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SOS Need Help With Bailiff

Originally posted by shady-lady View Post
    why did you change it to almost entirely
    cos they are almost always dodgy
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

sorry I wasnt aware it needed fixing

Comment

sorry I wasnt aware it needed fixing
        Don't apologise - but do try to smile as "IFYPFY", as a form of dry or laconic comment, is quite a common Internet meme.

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
          Transformer says the debt was incurred in 2005. Is there no such thing as statute barred with HMCS fines over six years old? Probably not. But what if the bailiff was first instructed in 2005? Marstons fees are for the initial "compliance fee" and the first visit only which could have been "due" six years ago? Just clutching at straws here because I loathe bailiffs. This guy is just getting personal pleasure out of making this poor family suffer.
          Warrants don't last that long.

If the warrant had been issued in 2005, it would have expired years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
            Warrants don't last that long.

If the warrant had been issued in 2005, it would have expired years ago.
            That's interesting. What is the Sell By date on a warrant? And has this bailiff the right to collect his fees due under the original warrant since the debtor appears to have now paid the fine to the court recently thus taking the debt out of SB if it was ever in SD
            Last edited by PlanB; 9 January 2012, 10:38.

Comment

That's interesting. What is the Sell By date on a warrant? And has this bailiff the right to collect his fees due under the original warrant since the debtor appears to have now paid the fine to the court recently thus taking the debt out of SB if it was ever in SD
              If my memory serves me right its a year.
              Yes he is entitles to collect fee,s but not under the expired warrant, it would be through the small claims track.

Comment

If my memory serves me right its a year.
                Yes he is entitles to collect fee,s but not under the expired warrant, it would be through the small claims track.
                On the assumption that the bailiffs' fees are less than £5,000.00

Comment

On the assumption that the bailiffs' fees are less than £5,000.00
                  And why should the bugger give such a big discount?

Comment

Bloody hell caught up in my own crap so deep I forgot to write the ending to this thread. I asked my friend last week what happened with that Bailiff issue and he said that he never returned or wrote again...so I think that is the end to this. My friend did not make the payment that the Bailiff was asking too...so looks like this was good news after all for him.

Lets hope I did not speak too soon.................

Comment

Working...
                    X