GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script SOS Need Help With Bailiff - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SOS Need Help With Bailiff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SOS Need Help With Bailiff

Thanks guys...yes my freind did pay his debt late...he was supposed to pay it in 2005..another knob jockey and I have told him that too.

So I will get him to ring the court tomorrow and ask what they advise...I already asked him to ask this when he paid his debt ahhhhhhhhhhhh theres men for you hey? lol

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post

Don't shoot me, I'm only the messenger
      BANG! BANG! BANG!

Oops, it was only the messenger!

What they did to you was illegal. Once the fine is paid, it has to go back to the court who can then issue enforcement proceedings for any fees outstanding. It must follow this process though.

Comment

Originally posted by transformer999 View Post
        Hi CC his name is Mr Lillis.....freind does not know his 1st name but I think it is knob......I thought it was Mr Lewis.....WTF I ain't got time with this LOL.
        Then you are lucky that I have:
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by BBoo View Post
          BANG! BANG! BANG!

Oops, it was only the messenger!

What they did to you was illegal. Once the fine is paid, it has to go back to the court who can then issue enforcement proceedings for any fees outstanding. It must follow this process though.
          I agree. But the bailiff will argue that on the first visit he didn't know the court fine had been paid because the court hadn't informed Marstons (they never do). I also completely agree that the bailiff now has no legal right to go back tonight or ever again. The guy should call Marstons' offices direct not the bailiff's mobile (he's on commission I presume so pretty insentified to keep going) and get them to call off the dogs. They're open till 9 pm on 0845 0743 749. The Big Issue was whether the bailiffs were instructed after the payment had been received by the court (even if it was paid late). Because if the court had already got his money the bailiff wasn't necessary and the fees should be reversed. So get the date the bailiffis were instructed from Marstons and compare that with the date the debt was satisfied. Fingers crossed.
          Last edited by PlanB; 5 December 2011, 17:37.

Comment

Point taken BBoo

Transformer's mate has been advised to call police if the bailiff comes back tonight. Then he has to call the court at dawn and get them to inform Marstons that the original £250 debt has been paid (the court has a real-time electronic link to Marstons' head office for this). Then he has to call Marstons and tell them the same, and also tell them to get the bailiff to stop 'attending' since the company's fees cannot be collected by the bailiff in this way (using the phone number in my earlier post # 79 and the lines open 7 am). Then he should put all this as a formal complaint in writing to Marstons (using the email address in my earlier post # 75) to start laying his paper trail. It looks as if he paid the debt after the bailiffs were instructed (after the first visit in November?) so he's likely to owe the fees of £275. A list of fees and their breakdown is available to check on the Marstons website www.marstongroup.co.uk . It seems probable that the fees of £275 are correct. I can confirm that Marstons will charge no more despite any number of visits so no need to stress about fees increasing each time the bailiff comes round.

Have I missed anything
            Last edited by PlanB; 5 December 2011, 22:48. Reason: spelling & post #s changed

Comment

Messages Deleted

I have removed some of the chatter posts from earlier - I'll also delete this message when you've all read it after wondering where your earlier posts have disappeared to
              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
                Transformer's mate has been advised to call police if the bailiff comes back tonight. Then he has to call the court at dawn and get them to inform Marstons that the original £250 debt has been paid (the court has a real-time electronic link to Marstons' head office for this). Then he has to call Marstons and tell them the same, and also tell them to get the bailiff to stop 'attending' since the company's fees cannot be collected by the bailiff in this way (using the phone number in my earlier post # 79 and the lines open 7 am). Then he should put all this as a formal complaint in writing to Marstons (using the email address in my earlier post # 75) to start laying his paper trail. It looks as if he paid the debt after the bailiffs were instructed (after the first visit in November?) so he's likely to owe the fees of £275. A list of fees and their breakdown is available to check on the Marstons website www.marstongroup.co.uk . It seems probable that the fees of £275 are correct. I can confirm that Marstons will charge no more despite any number of visits so no need to stress about fees increasing each time the bailiff comes round.

Have I missed anything
                By whom would the £275 be paid if Marston's moronic momzer had not found his victim?
                Last edited by CleverClogs (RIP); 9 January 2012, 05:43.

Comment

sorry Niddy for the not so nice words........just letting off some steam.....good job you removed them.

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
                    B whom would the £275 be paid if Marston's moronic momzer had not found his victim?
                    Transformer says the debt was incurred in 2005. Is there no such thing as statute barred with HMCS fines over six years old? Probably not. But what if the bailiff was first instructed in 2005? Marstons fees are for the initial "compliance fee" and the first visit only which could have been "due" six years ago? Just clutching at straws here because I loathe bailiffs. This guy is just getting personal pleasure out of making this poor family suffer.

Comment

Thanks PlanB.........I will try and find out tomorrow if I can when Marstons were instructed and thanks for all the help xx

Comment

One might wonder if the momzer's antics - making threats which are not acted upon - could be evidence of harassment.

It may also be interesting to learn the date the warrant had been issued.

Comment

When the debt has been satisfied with the court, the bailiff cannot come back and levy on goods for his fee's, he will have to take the debtor to a small claims court to get his fees paid.
                          He will have to satisfy the court that his fee's were incurred for work that was carried out and that he would have to prove that they were reasonable costs.
                          Many bailiffs will not take this route because their fees were partly fabricated.

Comment

Originally posted by shady-lady View Post
                            When the debt has been satisfied with the court, the bailiff cannot come back and levy on goods for his fee's, he will have to take the debtor to a small claims court to get his fees paid.
                            He will have to satisfy the court that his fee's were incurred for work that was carried out and that he would have to prove that they were reasonable costs.
                            Many bailiffs will not take this route because their fees were almost entirely fabricated.
                            IFYPFY.

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
                              IFYPFY.
                              No idea what that means-sorry
                              why did you change it to almost entirely
                              Last edited by shady-lady; 8 January 2012, 22:40.

Comment

Originally posted by shady-lady View Post
                                No idea what that means-sorry
                                he fixed your post for you - ie he commented about them being shyte, I believe
                                I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                                X