GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Drowning in debt and leaving the country....help! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Drowning in debt and leaving the country....help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Drowning in debt and leaving the country....help!

Thanks you guys....the letters from Triton have stopped arriving since I last wrote giving them my "change of address". But a Natwest mastercard one arrived today. Will send it back "no longer lives here" and hope that will be the end of that. I would imagine they'd be talking to Triton considering they're acting on NatWest's behalf and received my letter of change of address.

Still looking over my shoulder until I leave the country end August. Thanks very much for the advice on bank accounts. Will be marrying my German fiancé in SA, then moving to Germany (will change surname to take on his asap) so hopefully I will "disappear" little bit further from their reach...I hope!

Comment

Indeed you will - you'll be fine

Congratulations on your pending marriage
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Good Luck & Best wishes!

Sounds like a great plan to me!

Matty

Comment

Kitty very very good luck xxxx pls do not feel bad most of us would not be in debt if it were not for the greedy overpaid vultures calling themselves bankers and i do beleive that if we added up the paid interest we have paid it back already.Go and enjoy your new life take Nids advise and the advise of Alland with regard to SA banks , heres to a new future.
          if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

You have all been exceptionally kind and I really appreciate the non-judgemental tone of your messages. Thanks VERY much!

Comment

Have a good life!

Comment

Best wishes for your new life. may you be very happy ♥
                I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

When I got into trouble with Natwest and Barclays, I was advised to open up an account with the Co-Op so that they couldn't touch my monthly income. Should I close my CO-Op account in the UK before leaving? It's where my salary goes in. There won't be anything going in once I have left the country. But I will need to withdraw August's salary once I've already left the UK because I'm leaving before payday. Will Triton or Natwest or Barclays or debt chasers be able to trace my location by my withdrawals from the Co-Op account?

Comment

nope!

Comment

Originally posted by Kitty View Post
                      Will Triton or Natwest or Barclays or debt chasers be able to trace my location by my withdrawals from the Co-Op account?
                      Originally posted by MrsD View Post
                      nope!
                      ^^ Whats MrsD says - nope, you're quite safe
                      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Just goes to show the paranoia that people like us have (or used to have thx to AAD) regarding what the DCA's can and cannot do. Spying on what cash machine you take you money from would have been my thoughts exactly a couple of years back and I suppose the DCA would consider it a victory to get the debtor worrying to that extent.

Kitty congrats on your up coming marriage.

Comment

Thanks again everyone!

Comment

Working...
                          X