GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Drowning in debt and leaving the country....help! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Drowning in debt and leaving the country....help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Drowning in debt and leaving the country....help!

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
    Bailiffs can't get involved as this is a civil matter not criminal.

Don't worry. Just move and login from SA if necessary but I suspect you'll not hear from them again. Just ensure you tell your flat mate to return items for you as unknown at this address.
    Thanks Niddy but I've already been told that if I don't pay, then it gets handed over, then they will get a CCJ, then there is the possibility of bailiffs coming to the door? Is this not correct. Btw, the debt is owned between two banks - Natwest (who have now handed me over to Triton?!? or something like that) AND Barclaycard.

Comment

Originally posted by Kitty View Post
      Thank you. At what point do the banks apply for CCJ? And yes, will take your advice of temporary residence elsewhere.
      Banks and other creditors don't apply for CCJ. A CCJ is awarded by a court if the creditor issues a claim, and wins the case, or if the defendant does not respond to the claim. That would be judgment in default.

Obviously, you are not going to be around to defend any claim, but they would be mad to issue papers as they would never recover the initial court filing fee.

As for when creditors go to court, that is impossible to say. The more "professional" ones do their research and target people who are going to be able to pay any judgment, such as homeowners. The lower rabble of DCAs often issue court papers on just about anything hoping for a default judgment. They'll often capitulate quickly when the case is defended.

Don't worry about CCJs, they are unlikely to affect you.

SH

Comment

Originally posted by ScabHunter View Post
        Banks and other creditors don't apply for CCJ. A CCJ is awarded by a court if the creditor issues a claim, and wins the case, or if the defendant does not respond to the claim. That would be judgment in default.

Obviously, you are not going to be around to defend any claim, but they would be mad to issue papers as they would never recover the initial court filing fee.

As for when creditors go to court, that is impossible to say. The more "professional" ones do their research and target people who are going to be able to pay any judgment, such as homeowners. The lower rabble of DCAs often issue court papers on just about anything hoping for a default judgment. They'll often capitulate quickly when the case is defended.

Don't worry about CCJs, they are unlikely to affect you.

SH
        Thank you SO much; I can finally have a decent night's sleep after months of worrying!

Comment

Thanks Niddy but I've already been told that if I don't pay, then it gets handed over, then they will get a CCJ, then there is the possibility of bailiffs coming to the door? Is this not correct. Btw, the debt is owned between two banks - Natwest (who have now handed me over to Triton?!? or something like that) AND Barclaycard.
          Whoever told you that is talking shit. Sorry but they are
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thank you SO much; I can finally have a decent night's sleep after months of worrying!
            Yea you can. There won't be any bailiffs. Nor will anything happen.

IF (its a big if) they obtained judgment by default - so what? You aren't here so after 6yrs it'll go away

Just relax and move
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

https://www.gov.uk/make-court-claim-...rce-a-judgment

Comment

Doesn't happen. Find one case showing a bailiff attending enforcement of a credit card/bank account debt.... You won't find one and if she's out the country with no assets in the UK - so what! Lol

Comment

But Niddy said that they won't. Now I'm confused :-(

Comment

But Niddy said that they won't. Now I'm confused :-(
                    They won't! There is nothing in any case law that suggests otherwise. You have no assets. Lenders get a CCJ and a Charge if you have property. If not they sit on the CCJ.

Even so, they might not go for a CCJ if you don't show up on any CRA searches. Why waste money chasing a shadow? Pointless really isn't it? Would you waste more? No. So why would the banks? They don't. Trust me.

In any case you won't be here so stop worrying!

Comment

Thanks again Niddy!

Comment

Just do as you have been advised. Move away to the sun. You do not owe anything to anyone in SA. Start again, new life, enjoy yourself and learn from past mistakes.

Have a good life with no worries!

Comment

Originally posted by Enforcer View Post
                          Just do as you have been advised. Move away to the sun. You do not owe anything to anyone in SA. Start again, new life, enjoy yourself and learn from past mistakes.

Have a good life with no worries!
                          You are very kind, thank you! I have learnt HUGE lessons not least of all, that I shouldn't be SO generous in helping those less fortunate than I am by using money that doesn't belong to me (but to the banks!). I hope it doesn't change the "human" side in me though, but that it just makes me sensible to know when it's out of my remit to help the needy!

Comment

Fuck the banks lol. Seriously they can hold their own. Lets not forget they can pay many millions to their staff - fraudsters. Oooops they may refer to them as investment bankers but they're nothing short of con men.

Don't feel bad. Feel even

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                              Doesn't happen. Find one case showing a bailiff attending enforcement of a credit card/bank account debt.... You won't find one and if she's out the country with no assets in the UK - so what! Lol
                              You will find bailiffs involved once a CCJ for the debt has been got. If over £600 the court will use either a Certificated Bailiff or worse, an HCEO to enforce the debt.

At the risk of stating the obvious, you won't find case law will you as it's the County Court.

Comment

Originally posted by Fortman View Post
                                You will find bailiffs involved once a CCJ for the debt has been got. If over £600 the court will use either a Certificated Bailiff or worse, an HCEO to enforce the debt.

At the risk of stating the obvious, you won't find case law will you as it's the County Court.
                                No you will not find bailiffs are involved. I think the evidence is in abundance with the AADers that collectively have several thousand accounts and several hundred CCJS. Now why don't you ask how many of them have seen a HCEO?

We stick to facts & factually based odds not worse case as worse case rarely happens.

Many users here are 5/6 years in on a CCJ.

I don't mean case law per se. I mean go find me some examples. You can't because you all fail to notice that a HCEO cannot be used when dealing CCA.

--> Do you need the services of a High Court Enforcement Officer - HCEOA

If the judgment is for over £5000, this must be enforced in the High Court, providing it does not relate to a debt arising from an agreement under the Consumer Credit Act.

Comment

Working...
                                X