GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Patch is moving house! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Patch is moving house!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Patch is moving house!

I'd be interested to hear what PlanB thinks.... I am so cross, I told the dispute that they were lying, I said the house wouldn
    't be 'deep cleaned', I was right and feel like the agency have 'stolen' £550 from me and my children!

Comment

Di will be back on here soon!
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I've sent my photographs to the TDS and stated that I am disappointed with their decision seeing as I pointed out that the agency had no intention to clean anything in the house and were in fact lying and no longer had the property in their management... I said I understood no appeals can be made unless as they state and error in fact or an error in law has been made and that I feel that BOTH apply.Surely if the agency have lied to the tds the tds have to retract their decision?
        You can't claim £ for deep cleaning and then not actually do the deep clean? Everything and I mean everything is in a skip outside the house, I unrolled the carpets and took photos of them, they are still in the same condition they were when we left and there were all the carpets from the house in that skip including the fitted furniture they claimed I'd left a hair grip in and some dust which now needed deep cleaning...
        Fair enough if they had actually cleaned the darn house I'd hold my hands up and say I give up but I feel so cross that they got MY MONEY for doing sod all!

Comment

I'm feeling bloomin angry on your behalf Patch xx
          Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Which of the three Government approved schemes is handing your dispute? Their standards vary.

You can make a formal complaint that they have not handled your complaint effectively which is different to making an appeal.

What I will say is that it's the Tenant's legal duty to return the property to the Landlord in the same condition as was taken at the outset allowing for reasonable wear and tear.

If the Landlord then decides to demolish the property or turn it into a theme park the following day then that is their privilege.

Sorry but that's how the law sees it.

Plan B x

Comment

Originally posted by patchouli View Post
              You can't claim £ for deep cleaning and then not actually do the deep clean? . . . . Fair enough if they had actually cleaned the darn house

Were receipts provided by the Landlord for the clean?

Was there an incoming/outgoing inventory provided to the deposit scheme arbitrator?

If not then you may have an argument.

Plan B x

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
                Were receipts provided by the Landlord for the clean?

Not that I saw... nothing in the files submitted

Was there an incoming/outgoing inventory provided to the deposit scheme arbitrator?

Yes, theirs was an unsigned one without my written amendments.. clearly a print off and not the one I sent back. I provided my signed and edited version and the adjudicator said he couldn't read the writing on mine so found in favour of the agents and assumes the property was in good order and clean... My inventory said different.. but balls to me eh!! *sigh*

If not then you may have an argument.

Plan B x
                And it was with TDS http://tds.gb.com/

Never rains but pours.. I now have my present new landlady ignoring texts and emails... on the 7th the ceramic hob she provided had a small crack in it which then grew to a big crack so we stopped using it, the cooker was new so we assume it must have been faulty or had a chip in it or something as nothing fell on it... she said she was dealing with it but has gone awol :-( we have no hob....

Comment

A year later...... the hob is still broken..1 year without a hob we can use..... landlady still a liar saying she will fix it 'soon'.... Now she says she is selling and we have a S21 dated 22 June. (with her old address on?)

No money to move, nowhere to move to.... I swear we stepped in some bad luck poop and it's destined to stink forever!!

Comment

Sorry to hear that, unfortunately I can't help with this.

Comment

Originally posted by cymruambyth View Post
                      Sorry to hear that, unfortunately I can't help with this.

ooohhh no, dont need help... Just musing at the crappy luck! ha ha...

Comment

Working...
                      X