GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Patch is moving house! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Patch is moving house!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Patch is moving house!

It's a local one, not a national well known one.

Still no reply from them as to what the payment was and no contact from the deposit scheme regarding the move or deposit or anything

Comment

Originally posted by patchouli View Post
      Still no reply from them as to what the payment was and no contact from the deposit scheme regarding the move or deposit or anything

Does this mean you have already raised a dispute with the relevant deposit scheme as per my post # 26? If not then feel free to do that a.s.a.p.

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
      If you don't get 100% of your deposit back or a satisfactory explanation as to why it's not been returned in full within 10 days then there are some template letters which you can download and send on Shelter's website here >

http://england.shelter.org.uk/get_ad...a_tenancy_ends

Have you been given a copy of the outgoing Inventory and/or the Schedule of Condition by the agent? And have you kept the one from the start of the tenancy? The outcome of the dispute will depend on a comparison between the two making any allowance for fair wear and tear in the interim.

Plan B x

Comment

I was told by email that they would keep the 300 odd and asked if I would dispute and I said yes.

I heard nothing from either the deposit company or the agency until the odd amount was deposited in to my account, I've asked twice now what this is and had no reply.

A friend told me how to find my deposit on the website and not only did I find the most hurtful claims about what condition I left the house in but also a letter from the person who was going to buy the house talking about why she now doesn't want it.. NOTHING to do with my case at all and a mistaken upload by the agency but.. I have her email address and lots of details about why she isn't well and why she cant have the house... why the hell do I need to have that??

Anyway, the dispute is being reviewed according to the deposit website and I can't as yet respond... I deffo have an email hear saying they would be keeping back 300+ NOT 600!!

Comment

A friend told me how to find my deposit on the website and not only did I find the most hurtful claims about what condition I left the house in

. . . . Anyway, the dispute is being reviewed according to the deposit website and I can't as yet respond...
          What stage has this dispute reached? I hope it's nearly time for you to fight back.

Landlords always say mean things about the property's outgoing condition which can be taken personally. Try not to. They're only trying to justify holding on to your deposit money when they probably shouldn't.

Plan B x

Comment

I've started my reply but had to go away for a week. Am back now so will update everything tonight :-)

Comment

I've started my reply but had to go away for a week. Am back now so will update everything tonight
              I saw from your UE Diary that you'd been to Glastonbury so not expecting you to reply any time soon

Plan B x

Comment

Still no money from landlords for oven...

as I agreed to sell via agency should I now send and invoice with 14 days to pay to the director of the agency or what now?

If I was this late with rent they'd be slapping charges on top!!! Not that I ever was late

Comment

I would patch x
                  Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

cool.. will write something up ty

Comment

Still no money from landlords for oven...

as I agreed to sell via agency should I now send and invoice with 14 days to pay to the director of the agency or what now?
                      Remind me, did you have any agreement in writing from the Landlord or their agent to buy the oven from you?

What news on the return of your deposit?

Plan B x

Comment

I have several emails from the agent confirming payment has been made, then saying it will be made etc etc...

Deposit still in dispute

Off to Latitude Festival for the weekend today so will send the letter demanding payment to the agency on the way...

Comment

I have several emails from the agent confirming payment has been made, then saying it will be made etc etc...

. . . . will send the letter demanding payment to the agency
                          Why not send them a formal Letter Before Action since you have it agreed in writing that they'd pay (i.e. evidence).

There's a template and advice on how to do this on the CAB website here: https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/co...before-action/

That should make them focus.

Plan B x

Comment

Hi... I sent a letter to all four of the partners... same letter.
                            Basically listing all dates of contact regarding the oven and ending it saying it has been 10 weeks since the agreement to purchase the oven was made and payment must be made now by the 30th June.
                            Their reply was "It's a private transaction but we are happy to chase the landlord for the money"
                            I replied just now saying I've never spoken to the landlords. The agreement was between the agency and myself... pay by 30th June.

Comment

OK money for oven has been paid... at last!!!

I now have a new issue.

Despite telling the deposit dispute adjudicator that the agency were lying about needing £680 odd for a 'deep clean' the dispute saw in favour of them for the tune of £550...

However, it transpires that the landlord has taken the house off the market and is renovating it. There is a ruddy great skip outside and all the things the agency said they needed the money to 'deep clean' are in the skip (yes I have photos and video)

The house wasn't in their 'portfolio' while the dispute was going through, the landlady is in the house ripping everything apart.

The dispute says there is no appeal system however... surely seeing as the agency lied I have some hope?

Comment

The dispute says there is no appeal system however... surely seeing as the agency lied I have some hope?
                                I would hope so but I don't know what you can do
                                Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
                                X