GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Patch is moving house! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Patch is moving house!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Patch is moving house!

Have you got that written down anywhere?
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

No but I have 4 witnesses... :-D

Comment

Originally posted by patchouli View Post
        I convinced the lady that the carpets aren't worth my money to clean.. have agreed to clean them myself (which I would do with my carpet VAX anyay) and we will meet here in the last day and see if she is happy.. which she will be.
        While I like the sound of your Landlord's casual approach I still wouldn't trust her as far as I could throw her. She has your deposit (I presume) so may try to help herself to as much of that as possible to cover spurious things.

So, take digital photos of absolutely everything (door handles, toilet seats, inside of the oven) including one of her in the property on that last day's visit in case she denies it.

If you've got a copy of the original Inventory Check-In keep it and don't throw it away since you may need it as evidence later.

If you want to know why I'm sceptical you should read this poor member's thread: http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...l=1#post431868

Plan B x

Comment

xxx thank you .. I am a prolific evidence gatherer!! But yes didn't think of taking one with her in it...

Comment

They want to show people around the house.. I REALLY really really have a problem with this, I dislike strangers in my home at the best of times but now the whole house is upside down and half boxed up I object even more and even the thought of it gives me anxiety, I have repeatedly told the agency this over the last 6 years and it is the sole reason quarterly inspections were cut to every 6 months. I've said this weekend isn't convenient to allow a viewing and that the house will be empty from next Saturday.
            They haven't responded yet and I am hoping they accept this, can they insist?

Comment

I agree with you about having strangers in my home. I'd put my foot down and say they can't come in until you've gone which is soon.

Does the agent have a key so they can let themselves in? If so tell them you have a very fierce out-of-control dangerous dog which is likely to bite any stranger who comes to the property and you won't take responsibility for any resulting injuries because they've been warned in advance.

If you haven't got a dog then get this barking dog doorbell which has 16 different alarm sounds. Maybe you can set it to play all of them at the same time

http://www.bitsandpiecesuk.co.uk/pro...g-Dog-Doorbell

Plan B x

Comment

LMAO!!!!! Sadly there is a NO PETS clause on our TA so that would only give them more reason to deduct the deposit...

Once all our stuff is out then I am fine, people can come and go.

But I can't have people walking around muttering about the state of the place while I am listening.. plus I might be tempted to tell potential buyers about the planned lorry lane being built right next to the house in 2016

Comment

Right... today is Saturday and we hand keys back tomorrow evening so today is the last full day where we can clear our stuff out and make it fit for the woman to inspect on Monday.

Will take photos when we leave final time.

Now there is a twist though.... the house for sale sign has changed to SOLD... (took all of 3 days)

So as it has sold can they actually deduct anything from the deposit if they decide the carpets aren't as clean as they'd like or the walls are white and should be magnolipuke ?

I mean it's sold... the decor hasn't put anyone off and I doubt the landlords will pay anyone to redecorate it now it's off their hands (in paper anyway)

Any advice?

Husband says I am worrying needlessly as the house looks fine and he thinks my idea of clean is way above others' .... I'm not so sure... I know letting agents can be dicks sometimes but never had the situation where the house I hold keys for is actually sold to someone other than my landlords!

Comment

Sorry, I don't know the answers to your questions Patch. Good luck in your new home x
                    Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Good luck in your move

Comment

Originally posted by patchouli View Post
                        ... the house for sale sign has changed to SOLD... (took all of 3 days)

So as it has sold can they actually deduct anything from the deposit if they decide the carpets aren't as clean as they'd like or the walls are white and should be magnolipuke ?

. . . never had the situation where the house I hold keys for is actually sold to someone other than my landlords!
                        If it's only been three days since the agent started viewings I doubt the house is actually *SOLD* it's more likely to be *UNDER OFFER*. Agents put up sold signs as part of their marketing strategy to show neighbours that they are successful in case the neighbours want to sell too one day. They often put them up on houses which are not even on their books because they see it as free advertising.

Even if the buyer was paying cash it's unlikely their solicitor would have got the paperwork done in that time. They would have to carry out Land Searches from the Local Authority who are not known for providing the information in a hurry.

I suppose it's possible that it's sold (if the buyer doesn't bother with the legals) but since you still have the keys you still have possession of the property and no solicitor would complete on the sale unless it has vacant possession. And no lender would release mortgage funds on a property which doesn't have vacant possession. I mean, what if you didn't hand back the keys and stubbornly refused to move out? The owner (new or old) would have to go to court to get a possession order and then even if successful they would have to apply to the court for an eviction warrant all of which would take about 4 months.

I suspect the agent is showing off

As far as your deposit is concerned, let's cross that bridge when you come to it. I can't see why being sold would any make any difference. Most tenancy agreements include a clause which says they can assign your AST to anyone they fancy and the other legal clauses (i.e. deposit issues) remain the same.

If you don't get 100% of your deposit back or a satisfactory explanation as to why it's not been returned in full within 10 days then there are some template letters which you can download and send on Shelter's website here >

http://england.shelter.org.uk/get_ad...a_tenancy_ends

If you want to post up any deductions the Landlord makes, I'll do my best to help you to demolish their arguments

Plan B x

Comment

Thanks PlanB... well I got a call last night saying she wasn't happy with the house and that windows were not cleaned, they were but a couple of weeks ago so... and that the ground floor floor was thick with dust.. I actually have a photo here of the whole of the ground floor when wet and still has the steam mop in it in some photos so 'thick with dust' is bollox...

Also we left sundries there which will need to be paid to be removed.. sundries are loo rolls on the three loo roll holders, bottle of bleach behind the three loos and hand soap on the three sinks and the kitchen sink..

She also complained about rubbish bags outside. I said rubbish was collected during the week and we left on a Sunday.. she says the rubbish bags need to be removed and that I have to now pay as I am not permitted near the building.

Comment

oooh also.... I got two friends to call at different times, one just casually asked and the other was acting upset as she has been waiting for the house to be on the market.

first was told sorry the house has now sold. Second was told sorry house was definitely sold and yes it was for the asking price.,

So it is sold!

If the house has sold, how can they claim money for cleaning it? Why would they clean a house they have sold?

Comment

OK it seems house is back up for sale. Happened the day after I said in an email that I would be disputing the amount they wanted to withhold from my deposit.

They said they would withhold £380 and send the rest to my bank account. So that would be £720

I received a payment from the agency (not the deposit scheme) for £430...??? I sent an email asking what the payment was for and didn't receive a reply... sent another one and still have no reply although have read receipts. If it is my deposit then where is the other £290?

I have said I will dispute the withholding amount but have heard NOTHING from either the agency or the deposit scheme about my money.. I thought everything had to be dealt with quickly? Our tenancy ended on the 31st May.

Another issue I have... end of February the oven broke. After weeks of asking when it will be fixed I said I would buy myself one as couldn't not have an oven.

When it came to moving out the agency said the Landlord wanted to know if I would sell him the oven... So like a mug I agreed to sell it to him for £100. They agreed and asked for my bank details.

That was the 12th May 2015. I have asked over and over where is the payment for the oven or the oven back and each time am told they have reminded the Landlords.

It is now 5 weeks and no payment has been made so last night I wrote an email saying I want full payment for the oven by Friday morning or I will expect someone to be at the property on Friday evening so I can collect the oven.

Any advice?

Comment

Who is the estate agent, I am in touch with Which magazine on occasions regarding fees estate agents make etc?

Comment

Working...
                                X