GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Landlord not paying mortgage on property I am renting - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Landlord not paying mortgage on property I am renting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Landlord not paying mortgage on property I am renting

You have a few grim months; let them pamper you! There is a time for independence and this isn't it.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by cymruambyth View Post
      You have a few grim months; let them pamper you! There is a time for independence and this isn't it.
      I agree, that's what families are for isn't it? To be there for you when you need them (and vice versa) x
      Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Turns out this landlord is a lawyer, obviously one without a conscious!

Comment

My stuff goes to storage on Wednesday.

I got let down on a wee bungalow I viewed on Sunday, if only the landlord knew how well I looked after the properties.

I am totally taking everything out this place right down to the shower hose and blinds off the windows.

Even if I don't need this stuff I will be dammed if I am leaving it for the bank!

Comment

I don't blame you MMM x

Comment

Originally posted by milliesmadmoth View Post
              I am totally taking everything out this place right down to the shower hose and blinds off the windows.

Even if I don't need this stuff I will be dammed if I am leaving it for the bank!
              It's none of my business but I'm hoping you've not paid any rent this month so you won't be "out of pocket" as Shelter suggested in that last coded email they sent you

Plan B x

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
                It's none of my business but I'm hoping you've not paid any rent this month so you won't be "out of pocket" as Shelter suggested in that last coded email they sent you

Plan B x
                PlanB....

The Big Boss from the letting agency has got me over a barrel he has another nice property coming in and only giving me first refusal on it if I settle all my final accounts on this flat.

I told him how much I was going to be out of pocket with what this landlord has done but he says and you don't understand how out of pocket she is too!

I am £180 for the removal company, £160 per month for storage, then £180 to move my stuff back....

Nobody cares about that. Tonight I feel so tearful and just come to bed, the guys will be here at 8:30am and I am not quite there yet....

Ps I told my mum I am fine and organised and not to come round so I can bury my head under the duvet!

Comment

Tonight I feel so tearful and just come to bed, the guys will be here at 8:30am and I am not quite there yet....

Ps I told my mum I am fine and organised and not to come round so I can bury my head under the duvet!
                  Pull yourself together girl

You are the victim of an unethical Landlord.

You are the victim of a possibly (so as to avoid this site libel issues) avaricious letting agent.

You have done nothing wrong to deserve this rotten situation.

I think your tactic of playing ball so the Main Man (the allegedly avaricious agent) in your locality finds you your next dream home is wise.

When you bury your head under the duvet tonight I hope you'll have a glass of Chardonnay with you too. I recommend a whole bottle - but that's just me.

We'll all discuss your shoe collection tomorrow.

And then after that we'll look at your legal options.

Plan B x

Comment

Excelent advice as usual from planb

Comment

Hi all....

Well I lived to tell the tale, I couldn't have done it without the 3 removal men who came they were amazing, so calm and kept the whole situation calm.

I cannot believe my worldly possessions are all in a storage unit which is packed to the roof.

When I went into hand in my keys and settle my final bill I could have choked on the £429.04 they had calculated it to be.

I was then £240 for the removal company, I got the guys salad rolls and juice plus gave them a £10 tip each.

For me to move in decorate then move back out I am not far off £2k plus rent.

Anyway that is another stage in my life past...

Comment

Hopefully this will be the end to an unfortunate time for you. I hope that your shoe collection will be secure and accessible. Recharge your batteries at home with your parents and fingers crossed that a new property turns up soon.

Comment

then £240 for the removal company . . . .

For me to move in decorate then move back out I am not far off £2k plus rent.
                          We'll take a look at who is responsible for that £2k loss and go after them in due course. The agent is not completely blameless but let's wait until he's found you your next dream home before we strike.

The only obvious loss is the cost of upgrading the place. It could be argued that you would have had to pay a removal van to move out at some stage if the Landlord didn't renew your tenancy agreement (which is not obligatory). The rent while you occupied the property can't be argued. But compensation for the distress of everything including the shock of possession proceedings comes with a price tag in my book.

Make sure you insure your belongings while in storage.

And enjoy being cosseted by your family for the time being.

Plan B x

Comment

Hi MMM, enjoy being looked after by your family, take the time to relax after all the stress you've had and then, once your safely settled in your dream home, you'll be "fighting fit" to go after some compensation for all the distress you've suffered. Take care and keep us updated xx

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post

You are the victim of an unethical Landlord.

You are the victim of a possibly (so as to avoid this site libel issues) avaricious letting agent.

You have done nothing wrong to deserve this rotten situation.

I think your tactic of playing ball so the Main Man (the allegedly avaricious agent) in your locality finds you your next dream home is wise.

And then after that we'll look at your legal options.

Plan B x

Hi PlanB

Just thought I would give you an update on the Big Boss from the letting agent, after promising me the first refusal on a nice property which is coming up if I settled all my bills for the property I was being evicted from.

Today I received an email advising me that the property was no longer available!

I emailed him back asking why not, he had given me first refusal on it to which he replied the landlord was looking for a long term tenant. I emailed him again stating that I am looking for a long term let however he has not replied.

I now wish I had not fallen for his promises of a good property if everything was settled.

You live and learn....

Comment

Hi All,

Thought I would give you an update on this rogue landlord, went to view a property that was up for sale, the place was stinking and I thought this must have been a buy to let, I checked the landlord registration and couldn't believe it, was the rogue landlord lawyer woman, she is still causing mayhem to people's lives.....

Maybe I should be giving this property a wide berth after my previous dealings with her lol

Comment

Working...
                                X