GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script House building - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

House building

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• House building

OK following on from my pavement parking rant, here's another one to get off my chest

A developer wants to build 150 houses just up the road and although there's an action group set up to fight it, I would imagine that it will get approved because the council will love all that extra council tax and the Gov is forcing new house targets on them anyway.

This is all notwithstanding the fact that there isn't adequate schools, doctors, roads, broadband, sewerage etc etc

Anyway I'm not just being a NIMBY I hate the fact that all this building is going on whereever I go, destroying the countryside but can understand if people need houses they need to be built. All that got me to thinking, why is it we need this massive house build program over the next X years. Does anyone know the facts and figures as to where this demand is coming from. Population wise X amount of people are born each year, X amount die, X amont arrive in the country, X amount leave... I know immigration is a big talking point but surely that can't be the only reason for this sudden house build demand ?

Where I live we are losing fields all over the place, plus have these bloody great 12 wheel lorries up and down roads that simply weren't designed for them as there's a sandpit close by that is in great demand for building work,

Look forward to someone explaining

Thx

Re: House building

Very interesting post - and one i feel too. It seems more and more land is being snapped up and flats developed on them.
    I would also be interested to hear others views.
    When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
    X