GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script USING ATMs ABROAD - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

USING ATMs ABROAD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USING ATMs ABROAD

Having used ATMs recently in a Far East Country, I have not only been charged a Debit card fee by UK Bank but a local Bank ATM charge as well, which equated to approx £3.00, so all in all each transaction using ATMs in that country was £5.00+ charge approx each transaction.

so be aware double check ATMs use abroad, the ATM does inform you before completing transaction and you can decline, but of course you get no money, beginning last year only China Bank had this charge but now HSBC and the others have jumped on the Band Wagon, I bet there is no recourse with your own UK bank even using Visa/Mastercards etc cards>>>
    Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 15 February 2016, 06:39.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.
Working...
X