GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Harveys Furniture Problem - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Harveys Furniture Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Harveys Furniture Problem

I’ve had a look at the T&Cs on the website. When you speak to them over the phone make sure you have them accessible to you on you PC.

I think the ones you need to rely on are as follows:

4.6 (b) this allows you to return the goods if they agree that they are faulty. It also allows discussions regarding repair of the goods. Under this clause you get a full refund and are not charged a collection fee.
    4.8 (b) If they say the sofa is bespoke then this clause may assist. You can return bespoke items if they are faulty.
    5.3 If they say the sofa has been repaired so can no longer be returned then this clause may assist. Which states that the T&Cs apply to repaired goods. That then throws you back to 4.6 and 4.8.

They have acknowledged that the sofa was defective because they have tried to repair it. You have not signed off the repairs so the defect remains.

That might get you home just on their T&Cs without having to quote sections of acts etc at them.

The argument is simple really. They acknowledged that he sofa was defective. That is why they tried to fix it. You allowed them that chance but they failed so you want them to now take the dodgy sofa back and to have a full refund.

Comment

Originally posted by ATW View Post
      I’ve had a look at the T&Cs on the website. When you speak to them over the phone make sure you have them accessible to you on you PC.

I think the ones you need to rely on are as follows:

4.6 (b) this allows you to return the goods if they agree that they are faulty. It also allows discussions regarding repair of the goods. Under this clause you get a full refund and are not charged a collection fee.
      4.8 (b) If they say the sofa is bespoke then this clause may assist. You can return bespoke items if they are faulty.
      5.3 If they say the sofa has been repaired so can no longer be returned then this clause may assist. Which states that the T&Cs apply to repaired goods. That then throws you back to 4.6 and 4.8.

They have acknowledged that the sofa was defective because they have tried to repair it. You have not signed off the repairs so the defect remains.

That might get you home just on their T&Cs without having to quote sections of acts etc at them.

The argument is simple really. They acknowledged that he sofa was defective. That is why they tried to fix it. You allowed them that chance but they failed so you want them to now take the dodgy sofa back and to have a full refund.
      Many thanks for that. I have been asked to call them tomorrow as they will then have the report back from the engineer.

I will give them a call and let you know how I get on.

Many thanks once again for your help.

Beefy

Comment

Just a quick update on this...

Customer services were adamant that they would always look to repair first. As advised, I stated I have given them two opportunities to do so and they haven't.

Someone from the resolutions department are going to call back - They have promised this will be before Monday.

Hopefully they will do the right thing.

I will update the thread when I get further information.

Thanks again for the advice.

Beefy

Comment

Well they actually called as they said they would and offered to replace the sofas.

I said I wasn't happy to have a replacement as I thought the build quality was so poor, I would have problems with any replacement.

They have agreed to take my sofas back and I can chose a replacement of my choice from the store to the same value, or I can pay extra if I wanted.

I could possibly have pushed for full refund but as the finance is already in place I thought it best to stick with them.

Thanks so much again for the advice - It worked perfectly.

Cheers
          Beefy

Comment

Originally posted by Beefy1976 View Post
            called as they said they would and offered to replace the sofas.

They have agreed to take my sofas back and I can chose a replacement of my choice from the store to the same value.

I could possibly have pushed for full refund but as the finance is already in place I thought it best to stick with them.

Thanks so much again for the advice - It worked perfectly.

That's excellent news. Well done you for getting your point across in a phone call. And well done Andrew for telling you what to say in preference to my suggestion of but I suppose I can't have everything.

Plan B x

Comment

Andrew's suggestion was certainly the way forward!

I would have most likely gone in all guns blazing stating I know my rights etc etc - Actually, just stating the facts as Andrew suggested and leaving the ball in their court worked.

I couldn't have asked for a better outcome thanks to the help and advice to everyone on here.

Cheers again,
              Beefy

Comment

Glad its all sorted.

Comment

Well done chaps
                  I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Result
                    Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Well done Beefy........I'm chuffed to bits for you
                      "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Thank you all

Comment

Nice one!
                          When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
                          X