GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Harveys Furniture Problem - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Harveys Furniture Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Harveys Furniture Problem

Originally posted by ATW View Post
    Did you buy it on credit? Did you buy in store or sort it over the phone/internet. Have you reported the current problems to them (since they attempted the repair)?
    all the answers are in the first few posts mate
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Beefy1976 View Post
      I paid using their interest free credit which is with Ikanco bank.
      You mean Ikano Bank?
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
        We needed it with Flossy but in the end Paul dealt with them and they *sorted* things - which was really good (if you recall her horrible treatment by DFS).
        How could we ever forget that drama. It lasted over a year

Beefy whatever happens DO NOT READ Flossy's thread because it will give you nightmares

http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...l=1#post146883

Comment

Originally posted by planB View Post
          How could we ever forget that drama. It lasted over a year

Beefy whatever happens DO NOT READ Flossy's thread because it will give you nightmares

http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...l=1#post146883
          but the (unreported) HAPPY ending is that I understand Paul got rid of this once and for all.

Comment

but the (unreported) HAPPY ending is that I understand Paul got rid of this once and for all.
            Brilliant
            "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

You mean Ikano Bank?
              That's the one according to Harveys' website. But I'm struggling to find the Ts & Cs on there which don't seem to be available before you make the application online. Don't know if the OP applied in store or not http://www.harveysfurniture.co.uk/finance.aspx

Comment

Term 9.7 --> http://www.harveysfurniture.co.uk/mo...onditions.aspx

pay attention to that

Comment

Hi - Yes it is Ikano bank. I am not sure why I got that wrong!

I ordered via the Harveys website so everything was done online.

I am due to speak to Harveys following on from the last engineer visit as I didn't sign to say I was happy to have the repairs done on a further visit.

I was just looking for some advice as to what to say to them next.

Many thanks for everyone who has replied so far.

Cheers,
                  Beefy
                  PS I will take a look at the thread posted about DFS - I don't sleep too well anyway

Comment

Yes Boss

Comment

I was just looking for some advice as to what to say to them next.

How about

Comment

Originally posted by planB View Post
                        How about
                        I would like to tell them that but I need them to sort my problem first!

Comment

I would like to tell them that but I need them to sort my problem first!
                          Fair point. In which case wait for Andrew to guide you as to your next move. I expect it will be to involve the credit provider in your dispute.

You can't deny that saying wouldn't make you feel better though

Comment

You can't deny that saying wouldn't make you feel better though [/QUOTE]

That's so very true!

Comment

havent i read somewhere that these furniture stores try to mislead people in to saying that as it was built upon purchase they wont refund or replace? im sure ive read loads of people having trouble where they obviously sell them faulty/display products and use the excuse it was made to order thus non refundable?
                              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

That fails as another case proved that the stores order enough to fill a container and set sail hence the 8 week delay. However the ones people refuse usually go in store display as a special offer. They are NOT custom (made) which would provide DSR 2000 protection for the retailer. Instead they're ordered on a purchase by purchase basis. Huge legal difference matey.

Comment

Working...
                                X