GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Letter of complaint relating to food - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Letter of complaint relating to food

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Letter of complaint relating to food

Hi All,

I'm not great at writing complaint letters as I hate complaining and never do it! However, I purchased a game pie from a local butchers as a treat for my OH and when I bit into my part, it had a piece of metal in it. On closer inspection it looks like part of a bullet (obviously used to kill the game). The piece of metal is about a centimetre long by half a centimetre wide and it's cut my gum which has taken 3 weeks to heal.

I don't suppose anyone has a template for a similar complaint they've made in the past?

Many thanks,
    StressHead (now with a sore mouth!)
    Debt as of Feb 2011 - £69,121 (and ever increasing due to charges/interest) across 6 credit cards, 2 loans and an overdraft.
    May 2011 - In limbo £10,570. Enforceable £8,987. Unenforceable £33,885. Written off £15,679.
    Jan 2012 - In limbo £10,570. Enforceable £8,987 (all settled or paid off apart from £1,600). Unenforceable £33,885. Written off £15,679.

Re: Letter of complaint relating to food

No template here but all you need is a short simple letter saying what happened and ask what they intend to do about it.

Finally add if you are not satisfied with the response you will refer it to the local authority Enviromental Health Officer's. Put a date for response then write and complain to the local authority food team. They dont do routine enforcement anymore (government cuts) but they do targeted visits following complaints. Its all based on risk now.

Do not let the shop have the metal back unless you are satisfied with the outcome.

The only downside I can see is the time taken for you to complain. (did you go to the doctors/dentist, do you have sale reciept from the store so you can tie the dates in together).

Finally the toffs have people to test their food hence metal in game pie is not a problem.

Obviously for normal people who cant afford tasting slaves it is a problem. However you might find the powers that be will not be so interested in metal in game.

But worth a short letter to the shop. You never know.

Good luck

Comment

Working...
    X