GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script diddlys mums washing machine... - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

diddlys mums washing machine...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: diddlys mums washing machine...

ps to get the engineers report, you SAR them. They must comply as the report will have YOUR personal details on it

Just saying like. People forget companies also need to comply with DPA - registered or not!
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thanks all

Hotpoint were going to be my next port of call ... certainly it worked when I got the manufacturer involved with my TV problems with Pixmania (Toshiba were excellent btw!)

Watch this space ---> ( )

Well, not permanently, obviously, I know you have busy lives! xx
      If happy little bluebirds fly, beyond the rainbow, why, oh why can't I?

sigpic

Comment

Head Office Address: Customer Complaints, Indesit Company UK Ltd, Morley Way, Peterborough, PE2 9JB, United Kingdom
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

You're a star, as always xx
          If happy little bluebirds fly, beyond the rainbow, why, oh why can't I?

sigpic

Comment

You know it, I know it - lets keep it that way

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
              You know it, I know it - lets keep it that way
              pffft LOL

Good Luck thou!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by diddlydee View Post
                You're a star, as always xx
                Diddy please do not feed the troll at 27,000 posts i think its time he called it a day.
                I am an IT Professional with a Background in most Microsoft Based Technologies. Currently Proud to Work at one of the Leading UK Universities. I have that Mentality of "If I can provide Useful Input - then I will Try my best to do so"

Life is full of Ups and Downs. Shame it just aint simple.

Comment

Originally posted by kilasuit View Post
                  Diddy please do not feed the troll at 27,000 posts i think its time he called it a day.
                  is that all...?

I thought I'd have hit 50k already

Comment

is that all...?

I thought I'd have hit 50k already

Here we go = He is Thinking again, give him the Pill??!!! lol
                    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Good luck Diddles!

Comment

Mums washing machine has been owned since 21 October 2010, and has broken down. They want £120 call out fee for the engineer, but the parts are apparently free as she had a free one year extension on the parts only.
                        If there's a warranty or an extended warranty on the machine then your complaint can be dealt with by the FOS. It seems bizarre to have a policy which covers parts only and if this limitation has come as a 'surpise' then I think your complaint is worth making. After all they'll know they have to pay £500 to the FOS to investigate the complaint so it would be cheaper to provide your Mum with a new machine

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.u...ranties.html#3

Don't worry about the time it takes to go to the FOS just get the machine fixed and keep the receipt to claim back the cost.
                        Last edited by PlanB; 12 October 2012, 08:48.

Comment

Originally posted by planB View Post
                          If there's a warranty or an extended warranty on the machine then your complaint can be dealt with by the FOS. It seems bizarre to have a policy which covers parts only and if this limitation has come as a 'surpise' then I think your complaint is worth making. After all they'll know they have to pay £500 to the FOS to investigate the complaint so it would be cheaper to provide your Mum with a new machine

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.u...ranties.html#3

Don't worry about the time it takes to go to the FOS just get the machine fixed and keep the receipt to claim back the cost.
                          No you cannot go to the FOS!

The FOS element is for any extended warranty ONLY (via insurers) that refuse payout, as the insurer falls within the remit of the FOS.

A warranty itself does not.

Extended warranty is a financially regulated product hence the FOS involvement.

Comment

No you cannot go to the FOS!

The FOS element is for any extended warranty ONLY (via insurers) that refuse payout, as the insurer falls within the remit of the FOS.

A warranty itself does not.

Extended warranty is a financially regulated product hence the FOS involvement.
                            Diddlydee hasn't said it wasn't a warranty provided by insurers.

Comment

Originally posted by planB View Post
                              Diddlydee hasn't said it wasn't a warranty provided by insurers.
                              It wasn't otherwise we'd not be here having this conversation at all....

Comment

Pixie, she is in her late sixties, and only uses the machine once a week. There is only two of them, and it ain't like they roll around in fields getting muddy; hence the machine has much less than average use.
                                That's what I was thinking. It isn't as if she's washing a load of muddy football kits or anything.

I don't suppose Hotpoint would care about local papers; although the retailer might, and I think I'm right in saying you are in the retailers local area?
                                It was the retailer I was thinking about, not Hotpoint. Yes, I'm in the retailer's local area...I could still pop over there with my boxing gloves...

I'm surprised to be honest as Elsa mentioned SafeBuy and it seems that the place your Mum bought the washing machine is part of Harry Garlick, who have a good name in these parts.

Have you contacted trading standards yet, as Cloggy suggested?
                                Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
                                X