GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Phones4U/T-Mobile/BCW Hell - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Phones4U/T-Mobile/BCW Hell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Phones4U/T-Mobile/BCW Hell

This was the last letter last year December 2011 that I wrote for our dyslexic youngster to T-mobile.....guess what they didn't reply but they did un-muzzle Buchanan Clark & Wells.... make your own judgement about their ethics...

Newcastle Upon Tyne

20December 2011

Customer Finance
    T-Mobile
    Hatfield Business Park
    Hatfield
    Hertfordshire
    AL10 9BW

RECORDED DELIVERY

Dear Customer Finance,

Account number: xxxxxxxxx
    Further to your letter of 11 December 2011, despite my repeated contacts with you, you write to me as if there has been no contact. I recently gave you my home phone number and a mobile number if you wished to contact me. If you meant by what you say, that you have repeatedly attempted to contact me, by phone, then you have not.

Your T-mobile phone purchased on 26 October 2007, a SAM U600 T-mobile, IMEI No: 358803015118xxx, was traded in on 27 December 2008, your service was not used since this date, and, I cancelled your service in January 2009 which you confirmed would take effect from 26 April 2009.

I received neither invoices from you nor had access to an online account nor seen any demands for payment since I cancelled your service until recently.

Your demand for payment is disputed.

You previously confirmed the account had been cancelled. Therefore your new claim in your letter, point c., that you will continue to charge me for line rental, is outrageous and is emphatically disputed.

With regard to your point d., that you will not allow me to use my mobile number again, this is complete nonsense, the service was cancelled and your phone traded-in in December 2008.

I disputed your claim in October last and I dispute it here again. Therefore please explain the threats in your letter, point a., where you threaten me with a debt collection agency and their charges, and point b., whereby you threaten to blacken my future creditworthiness; if I do not pay your claim immediately.

Reputable companies have independent dispute resolution arrangements whose judgement they abide by when claims are disputed. For the record you have not mentioned to me any independent resolution of the dispute since I disputed your claim in October last.

Yours sincerely,

XXXXXXXX XXXXXX

Comment

I think it may be worth posting other correspondence here to give an idea of the ethics, tactics and stupidity of award winning companies, awards made by their own kind to their own kind, but the danger as always with arrogance is that it believes it's own publicity.

As I posted earlier my nature is to display patience, allowing them to dig deeper holes so that they may be hoist by their own petards but you can see what a stupid lot they are for relying on threats and intimidation, it just expands the bubble of arrogance which they inhabit. They have no decency or fairness!

As the archbishop said talk softly and carry a big stick, their bubbles will be burst!

Here's the first bit of T-mobile arrogance, an additional charge levied for £43.83 as an invoice dated 9 November 2011 with no description except for amount charged and overdue amount after we complained and cancelled our youngsters dd.

Following on it's heels 2 days later a letter from T-mobile dated 11 November 2011 chasing payment of this invoice!
      Attached Files

Comment

We wrote the following which our youngster signed to T-mobiles Complaints Investigation Department on 15 November 2011(for Investigation read Rebuttals).

Newcastle Upon Tyne

15 November 2011
        The Complaints Investigation Department
        T-Mobile
        6 Camberwell Way
        Sunderland
        Tyne and Wear
        SR3 3XN
        Dear Sir/Madam,

Complaint About T-mobile Debiting My Bank Account Monthly Without My Agreement or Knowledge During The Last Three Years – and – a Dispute of Your Invoice Number V00807103358.
        Account number: xxxxxxxx Miss XXXXXXX XXXXXXXX

Recently, we’ve made a couple of attempts to resolve the following matters with you, alas with little progress and no satisfaction.

In January 2009, I gave you notice to terminate my account for mobile phone service in the accepted manner, by phone, and, we agreed then that cancellation would take effect from the contract expiry date in April 2009. My explanation to you for cancellation was that I had a new phone from a different service provider since Christmas 2008, and, I confirmed that I had stopped using your mobile phone service in January 2009.

Up to the cancellation of your service you sent me monthly statements of account detailing my direct debit payments. Following cancellation of your service I do not recall receiving anymore written statements of account from you to my home address.

I am severely dyslexic, and, in September/October 2011, with my families help we reviewed my bank statements and it was noticed that I was paying two mobile phone service providers by direct debit. To my astonishment I was told that you were still taking monthly direct debit payments from my bank account 29 or 30 months after the agreed cancellation date.

My first action on learning this was to cancel your direct debit mandate with my bank as you did not have my agreement to take this money.

Later we rang your 0845 number and eventually spoke to your agent Andrew to whom I gave authority to discuss the account with Desyduk, who is acting on my behalf in this matter. Andrew confirmed from the account records held in your database that I had recently cancelled the direct debit. He confirmed that I had not used your service since January 2009, that you had a record of the telephone conversation I had with you in January 2009, and, that I cancelled your service from April 2009. We were politely but firmly denied direct access to your accounts team to resolve the matter immediately but your agent did agree to pass on our demand for reimbursement to your billing department who he said would “re-calculate” the difference and respond in writing to me in about 2 weeks.

Andrew was asked why you hadn’t continued to send me written statements of account since cancellation, as these would have alerted me much earlier to you taking payments from my bank account. He answered that some time after my call in January 2009, I should have been sent a text message (to the phone which I told you in January 2009 that I was no longer using), telling me that you had changed my account arrangements, from postal statements to my home address, to online billing!

This text message, if it was sent, appears from what your agent said to have followed on from my request to you to cancel the account. I told you when I gave you cancellation notice that I was no longer using your phone service, and Andrew confirmed from your corporate database that this was the case. The implication here is extremely serious!

To date I have received no response from you to our demand for repayment.

On 14 November 2011, some weeks after our initial complaint and demand for repayment, I received an invoice at my home address from you, number V00807103358, dated 9 November 2011, in the sum of £43.83. I dispute this invoice as I gave you notice to cancel your service in January 2009, and you agreed then to an effective termination date of April 2009.

Meanwhile, with your agent’s advice, I have attempted to view the T-mobile account number 35640092 online. The T-mobile telephone number you gave me in my call to you on 14 November 2011, (07930250xxx), which is apparently the phone number I used up until January 2009 and which is a mandatory requirement to access the account does not work, the online account will not open with or without it.

My complaint is:

1. You have knowingly taken payments from my bank account under the direct debit scheme without my agreement, since the effective cancellation date of your service in April 2009. I restate my demand here for repayment of all the monies you have taken from my bank account without my consent between May 2009 and November 2011, and within 7 days from your receipt of this letter.

2. You prevented me from knowing that you were taking these illicit payments by suddenly stopping your monthly statements of account sent to my home address, without any notice through your usual channel, which then was by letter to my home address. You neither requested my acknowledgement of, nor consent to this change of arrangement, nor confirmation that I had access through the internet to your online account.

You made this change when I cancelled your service. You knew at that time that I was no longer using your mobile phone service and therefore you knew I was unable to receive any text messages from you on it. If this is still your practice I demand that you change it to ensure fair-play to your customers and that you apologise to those like me who have lost out because of it.

3. You have not responded to my recent demands for repayment of the money you took from me without my consent and I demand you respond now.

1. I dispute your invoice number V00807103358 for the same reason given above and I request a credit note to the same value to be issued immediately to cancel it.
        2. Your online account appears blocked. I am unable to access it and I want you to provide me with sufficient information and/or unblock the account to enable me to access the account online within 7 days from your receipt of this letter.

We have read similar stories from ex T-mobile customers on consumer web-sites, who allegedly continued to have their bank accounts debited by you after they cancelled your service, to be told by you after they complained, that you had advised them by sms text message, to the account telephone number they’d cancelled, that you had changed their accounts from paper billing to online billing. This is so similar to my experience that it cannot be coincidence. Please see this link for one of the stories:
        http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/....php?t=1760603

Please investigate these very serious matters. I look forward to your reply.

In the meantime to enable me to prepare for your response and any further action I may take I need you to disclose the following information to me:

1. Please send me a fully itemised statement of my payments and credits for the period January 2009 to date on the above account and provide details of the phone minutes used and unused each month since I started an account with you.
        2. Please provide me with a copy of our original contract that was in force In January 2009, together with it’s terms and conditions and any subsequent amendments that I agreed.
        3. Please give me: a) a copy of the notes you have of my telephone conversations with you and those made on my behalf to you with dates, and, b) the notes you have made about the account following our contacts, and, c) the notes of actions you took with regard to my account since December 2008 to date.
        4. Please give me the d) the date on which you switched all of your customers away from paper statements to online billing if there was a single date. and e) a copy of your policies relating to the circumstances under which you switch customers to online billing if there was no single date for switching all your customers.
        5. Please confirm the date and the text of the message allegedly for me and sent to mobile phone number 07930250xxx concerning cessation of posting statements of account to my home address and commencement of online billing, access criteria and date of availability.

If you require me to make a formal application under the Freedom of Information and/or Data Protection Acts or any other Act for the release of this information please let me know the procedure you wish me to follow. Otherwise I look forward to receiving the requested information within 10 working days of your receipt of this letter unless otherwise stated herein.

Yours faithfully,

XXXXXXXX XXXXXXXX
        BCC: The Manager, Barclays Bank PLC, xx High Street, xxxxxxxxx, Newcastle Upon Tyne, NE3 4AS Sort Code: XXXXXX Account Number xxxxxxxx
        Last edited by Desyduk; 18 June 2012, 15:32. Reason: spelling mistake

Comment

This is T-mobiles investigators response.
          Note the cost from T-mobile for any and each bill we would like to see. Remember T-mobile hadn't sent any bills to our younster for 3 years while they were silently raiding her bank account with a dd mandate, which being severely dyslexic she hadn't noticed!

From:"CustomerServices@t-mobile.co.uk" <CustomerServices@t-mobile.co.uk>
          To:xxxxxxxxx.xxxxxx@yahoo.com
          Wednesday, November 23, 2011 2:32 P

Good afternoon Miss XXXXXXXX

Ref: mobile number 07930-250xxx

Thank you for your letter regarding the invoice for your cancelled account and payments made.

I can appreciate that you will want this resolving as soon as possible.

We do not hold a copy of your contract. You will need to speak with the connecting dealer Phones4u.

If you want to see your bills and the payments you have made we can order you a reprint of your bills at 2.56 inc VAT each.

We have sent you correspondence other than bills. We sent you an email 22 November advising you that as your account is cancelled you will be unable to view your account online. We offered to send you copy bills and advised you of the charge.

I can confirm that we have not received any contact from you either by call or letter to cancel your account. This is the reason your account has remained open and charges applied.

When we spoke with you on the 3 October the agent advised they would ask the Billing Team if it was possible to refund you the charges you were requesting. They confirmed that due to there being no notes to support you requesting the cancellation of the account the charges would remain.

I would be willing to remove the remaining balance of 43.83 inc VAT in full and final settlement of your complaint.

I am unable to refund you the charges applied since26 April 2009. It would remain your responsibility to check your statements and query the amounts being taken from your bank account on a monthly basis since April 2009.

If you want to accept my offer please contact me within 14 days.

Thank you again for your letter Miss XXXXXXXXXX. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Kind regards

Valerie Byers
          Complaint Investigations
          T-Mobile

T-Mobile (UK) Limited
          Company Registered Number: 02382161
          Registered Office Address: Hatfield Business Park, Hatfield, Hertfordshire, AL10 9BW
          Registered in England and Wales

Last edited by Desyduk; 18 June 2012, 17:54.

Comment

And... on 27 November 2011 they chased the £43.83 piece of petulance on their part again....
            Attached Files

Comment

Enough is enough! Our youngster told her bank that T-mobile had taken money from her account without her knowledge or consent for nearly 3 years, the bank gave her her money back, T-mobile got pissed! ...whoops so sorry...!
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Desyduk; 18 June 2012, 15:54. Reason: spelling

Comment

And so T-mobile started the threats and bullying

So with our help our youngster wrote back....but.... to this day she has not had a response.

Newcastle Upon Tyne

20 December 2011
                Customer Finance
                T-Mobile
                Hatfield Business Park
                Hatfield
                Hertfordshire
                AL10 9BW
                RECORDED DELIVERY

Dear Customer Finance,

Account number: xxxxxxxxx
                Further to your letter of 11 December 2011, despite my repeated contacts with you, you write to me as if there has been no contact. I recently gave you my home phone number and a mobile number if you wished to contact me. If you meant by what you say, that you have repeatedly attempted to contact me, by phone, then you have not.

Your T-mobile phone purchased on 26 October 2007, a SAM U600 T-mobile, IMEI No: 358803015118xxx, was traded in on 27 December 2008, your service was not used since this date, and, I cancelled your service in January 2009 which you confirmed would take effect from 26 April 2009.

I received neither invoices from you nor had access to an online account nor seen any demands for payment since I cancelled your service until recently.

Your demand for payment is disputed.

You previously confirmed the account had been cancelled. Therefore your new claim in your letter, point c., that you will continue to charge me for line rental, is outrageous and is emphatically disputed.

With regard to your point d., that you will not allow me to use my mobile number again, this is complete nonsense, the service was cancelled and your phone traded-in in December 2008.

I disputed your claim in October last and I dispute it here again. Therefore please explain the threats in your letter, point a., where you threaten me with a debt collection agency and their charges, and point b., whereby you threaten to blacken my future creditworthiness; if I do not pay your claim immediately.

Reputable companies have independent dispute resolution arrangements whose judgement they abide by when claims are disputed. For the record you have not mentioned to me any independent resolution of the dispute since I disputed your claim in October last.

Yours sincerely,

XXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXX

Comment

T-mobile totally ignored our letter and the dispute and instructed BCW to bully our youngster too with a demand for the sum of £1092.43 plus an administration fee of £117.44!

They sent their threats in this letter dated 20 December 2011 from BCW titled FORMAL DEMAND in red block capital letters and we shivered from it's impact. Really..........
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Desyduk; 18 June 2012, 16:22.

Comment

On 22 December 2011, I phone and write a very nice email to BCW in response to their last letter.

Guess what? T-mobile wipe the account.......for now.

F.A.O. Laura at Buchanan Clark & Wells Ref: XXXXXXXXX Your Client Ref: xxxxxxxx

TO: xxxxxxxx@bcwgroup.com
                    Message flagged

Thursday, 22 December 2011
                    Dear Laura,

Further to your recent letter and our telephone conversation this morning concerning our daughter XXXXXX XXXXXX’s dispute with T-mobile please find attached copies of XXXXXXXX's two main dispute letters sent recorded delivery to T-mobile.

As I explained Victoria is severely dyslexic and for the reasons I gave you she was unaware, until recently, that your client had continued to take money from her bank account on a monthly basis for two and a half years, after your client confirmed the account would be terminated with effect from 26 April 2009.

Your client appears to have no record that any call was made by XXXXXXX in 2009, and contend therefore that Victoria made no call at all. However, in one of our recent calls to your client your client's customer service operative said all records of calls had been wiped.

It is not a case of your client’s word against XXXXXXX's. Because of XXXXXXX's dyslexia I was instrumental in ensuring XXXXXX cancelled the service in January 2009 by phone. I dialled the number for her and I witnessed her making the call and heard the confirmation over our telephone's loudspeaker from your client's operative that she would arrange for the service to be cancelled on the 18 month anniversary of the contract and that Victoria must continue to pay for the service up till that date.

I am a retired company director, XXXXXXXXX, positions of trust I could not have possibly maintained if my word was not my bond, and I am absolutely willing to swear an oath as to the veracity of the above.

I understand from our conversation that you will put matters on hold whilst you raise the issues with your client. Please contact me should you have any query.

Yours sincerely,
                    Desyduk

Attached Files

Comment

And then blow me down, the stupid buggers BCW send this while the account shows a £0 balance!

Attached Files

Comment

We ignore the letter because we have a final invoice from T-mobile with a £0 balance! putting BCW latest letter down to overzealousness if their is such a word or complicated emotion!

But Then, to our amazement this pops through the door in
                        February 2012!
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Desyduk View Post
                          T-mobile totally ignored our letter and the dispute and instructed BCW to bully our youngster too with a demand for the sum of £1092.43 plus an administration fee of £117.44!

They sent their threats in this letter dated 20 December 2011 from BCW titled FORMAL DEMAND in red block capital letters and we shivered from it's impact. Really..........
                          You will doubtless have noted that yon numpties wi' haggis for brains have used the Scots Law 'pursuers' whereas they should have called Everything (all over) Everywhere the claimant.

Comment

So we phone BCW again and email BCW again and explain again

BCW Ref: xxxxxxxxxx T-mobile/ XXXXXXXX XXXXXXXX

TO: xxxxxxxx@bcwgroup.com

Message flagged
                            Friday, 24 February 2012, 14:28
                            Dear BCW,

Following my call to your Steven this morning and further to my e-mail to Laura in your office sent 22 December 2011, attaching copies of our 2 recorded delivery letters to T-mobile dated 17 November 2011 and 20 December 2011 disputing T-mobile's claim, I confirm there has been no response to either of XXXXXXXXX's letters, and, the dispute has not been resolved.

You made a formal demand dated 20 December 2012 on behalf of your client and in response I contacted your Laura, with XXXXXXXXX's permission, on 22 December 2012.

As a result, your Laura queried this matter with your client.

On 29 December 2011, following your query to your client, your clients representative Christine from T-mobile 0845412500, then rang me on my personal mobile phone 0777xxxxxxx . She said she was stopping the debt collection although she couldn't find a record of XXXXXXXXX's call in January 2008. I informed her it was January 2009. She said she would get back in touch in about a week but she made no further contact. She gave me the feeling she was going to let this sleeping dog lie by saying she felt sure it would be alright, or words to that effect.

There has been no communication with T-mobile since 29 December 2011.

In January 2012 T-mobile sent a revised final statement dated 9 January, showing £0.00 as the amount due, see 1st attachment.

You sent XXXXXXXXX a final demand dated 25 January 2012 for £1,092.43.

On 15 February 2012, a revised final bill was received from T-mobile dated 9 February 2012 which declares: "dispute resolved 10/1/12" and the amount due being £1092.43, see 2nd attachment.

The dispute was certainly not resolved, how could it be that the final statement produced on 9 January 2012 showed the amount in dispute as £1092.43 and the amount due as £0.00, and, without any contact the disputed amount was unilaterally resolved by T-mobile the following day in their favour? I queried this with your Scot XXXXXXXX and you have kindly written to us dated 17 February 2012, as Scot said you would, asking us to contact you following receipt of your client's response.

You told me that your client's response is to the effect that he has explained matters to us several times and we should pay the bill. If this is so where are the replies to our letters of 17 November and 20 December 2011, in which we dispute your clients claims, expose your clients bald lies in alleging attempts to contact XXXXXXXX, and demand explanations of the various nasty threats by your client including nonsensical threats to continue to charge XXXXXXXX for line rental and to prevent her from using her mobile phone when it had not been used since 2008, and, your client having previously confirmed the service had been cancelled.

The position your client has taken, which is not an explanation, is simply that even though we cancelled his service he has no record of the call to cancel it, and throughout your client has ignored what we have had to say on the matter. Your client is an ignorant bully, hiding behind standard computer generated texts and threats! I emphatically demand that your client ceases to bully XXXXXXXXX either directly or through yourselves and acknowledges our claim to have cancelled his service and deal with it.

Ask your client to check his phone recordings last autumn on the matter wherein one call with his customer service operative we were told the phone records had been wiped!

The facts are these:

T-mobile Account No: xxxxxxxxx Mobile Phone No: 07930250xxx

On 26 October 2007 XXXXXXXX XXXXXXXX commenced an 18 month mobile phone service agreement with T-mobile and purchased a SAM U600 T-mobile C Pink Kit, IMEI No: 358803015118560, from the Phones 4 U store at 10 Blackett Bridge, Eldon Square, Newcastle Upon Tyne,NE1 7JX.

On 27 December 2008, at the same Phones 4 U store, XXXXXXXXX accepted a promotional offer, traded in the above SAM U600 T-mobile C Pink Kit, purchased a SAM 1900 VODA C White Kit and commenced an 18 month mobile phone service agreement with Vodafone.

In early January 2009 XXXXXXXXX called T-mobile customer services and cancelled the service to take effect from 26 April 2009.

XXXXXXXXXX is severely dyslexic and she was prompted to make the cancellation call to T-mobile by her mother’s partner Desyduk who witnessed the call in which it was confirmed that T-mobile would cancel the agreement following the 18 month anniversary of the service on 26 April 2009.

XXXXXXXXXX made no use of T-mobile’s service from January 2009. XXXXXXXXX has never had knowledge of or accessed any T-mobile on-line account, nor has she received any paper bills following cancellation of the service. Due to her severe dyslexia, XXXXXXXXX was unaware that T-mobile continued to debit her bank account during the three years following cancellation of their service.

I look forward to your response.

Kind regards,

Yours faithfully,

Desyduk

Comment

God help us, BCW do it again in this letter dated 28 February 2012 which we received on 21 March 2012!

This time threatening legal action and the wrath of the courts upon our youngen'

Attached Files

Comment

We're really confused now because we received this as well and I'll be a haggis too trying to work out which letter they were reffering to? Any clues anybody everywhere?
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X