GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Aghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Aghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Overheating may be a known issue on these models.

HcH'z TechKnow [www.HcH.net.tc] - View topic - Confirm from factory , Wifi overheat issue

Don't know how we can use that to help with the issue though.

Comment

every little helps rtb thank you

Comment

E-bay complaints procedure is a complete waste of time. if the complaint is genuine then go legal straight away.

Garlok

Comment

Originally posted by garlok View Post
          E-bay complaints procedure is a complete waste of time. if the complaint is genuine then go legal straight away.

Garlok
          I would imagine so! It was bought from Amazon!

Comment

Yep...although they've responded with a "oh sorry we cant help here's a list of CAB etc you might get help from!"

Comment

Originally posted by philnicandamy View Post
              Yep...although they've responded with a "oh sorry we cant help here's a list of CAB etc you might get help from!"
              Amazon merely act as a place for the shonky spivs to display an advert, so their liability is rather limited.

Just get it charged back and let "Dave" argue with his bank.

Comment

Phil, I'll sort the nobber for you. Just gimme the nod
                I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
                  Quite simply, this is impossible.

Tell 'Dave' that you've posted his tom-fool twaddle on line and that the general consensus is that he is a shonky flim-flam man.
                  I hope that's the right legal term, I'd love to use it in some of my letters

I can't help with the complaint, but I got a Sony PSR-350 from CEX for £65 (inc posstage). It comes with a years warranty and is fantastic. It 'only' holds 1200 books, compared with a few thousand on the kindle, but it uses an eink thing which makes it really easy to read from. I have a bit of a niggle with the battery life, it only lasts half a week with me, but as I read 100 pages an hour of a normal book I'm probably not going to get better than that. It's small and lightweight too, with a touch screen, and easy to use (it must be if I can figure it).

As for the ebooks/real books debates, I don't see a problem with ebooks. They're better for the environment than real books, and publishers/authors are still making money from them. I admit, I have bought a few cds on ebay with thousands of ebooks on them which obviously can't be official, but they tend to be either stuff that's out of copyright anyway, or books I'd have bought in a charity shop. So Royalties wouldn't be paid anyway, and I make the donation to charity when I read one anyway.

And I still buy plenty of 'real' books. Although I'm going to struggle to fit another bookcase into my flat so really need to stop/get rid of some. Anyway, that's my two pennorth worth.

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                    Phil, I'll sort the nobber for you. Just gimme the nod

ready when you are please!
                    Last edited by philnicandamy; 29 September 2011, 08:36.

Comment

Morning folks....just a mini update

Attempted to speak the mysterious "dave" various times left answerphone messages and emails still no reply

Spoke to trading standards who advised sale of goods act etc etc

Rang the OH's bank yest they said they'll look into a chargeback BUT its not always a guarantee we'll get anything back, we need to email or write to them with copies of messages passed between me & the shonky arse especially the one they sent me on 17th sep saying "please send goods back for a FULL refund"

rang the court earlier they're sending forms out for small claims court for us to start legal procedings against them
                      Last edited by philnicandamy; 30 September 2011, 08:09.

Comment

Originally posted by philnicandamy View Post
                        Morning folks....just a mini update

Attempted to speak the mysterious "dave" various times left answerphone messages and emails still no reply
                        Dave? It is Wendy mate, the person/owner is called Wendy - Dave must be an alias.....

I will consider posting all their company details later, lets see what they respond with first yea?
                        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

For the moment we are locking this thread down, I have got involved and will re-open this upon resolution. Court seems a likely scenario if they do not reply to my threat.

Phil, don't worry mate - you have nothing to lose, you are right and they are wrong - simples.

Comment

Working...
                          X