GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Aghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Aghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Originally posted by philnicandamy View Post
    ahh thanks CC didnt think you could do anything with debit cards...i'll speak to the oH later
    PN&A,

If you notice I mentioned that in my post. I didn't know till last week when I parted with a lot of money for something it appeared we may not receive. I phoned my bank in desperation trying to stop a payment I knew they couldn't stop, and was pleasantly supplied when they told me about this. It is a fairly slow process, and if I understood correctly more for use when you simply don't get your goods, but that could be argued here anyway.

Always worth a go!

Comment

i'll give it a try thanks!

Comment

You'll still need to claim from the company for the £14 cost of 2 x return postage.

Comment

Added that to the email you kindly did CC

had a reply & its not sounding great to be honest i'm even more pissed!!

Dear Mr P O Former Customer, Please accept my humble apologies for the delay in replying. Due to the nature of your complaint, we wanted to get a 2nd opinion on the tablet you sent back so we sent it to a local engineer rather than have our own technician look at it - mainly because, although we agreed with you about the overheating issue, we could find no fault with the wifi or the standard charger - it worked perfectly here on our Virgin and Talk Talk routers and charged fully with the charger The main problem we have got is the overheationg issue seems to have been caused by you - the tablet is not designed to be charged through the 30 pin slot and, in doing so, you have damaged the voltage regulators on the motherboard which has, in turn, burnt out some of the circuitry causing the overheationg problem. It is not economical to repair, even though it is working well, but I would class it as unsafe to use due to the damage you have caused. I am more than happy to send it back for your own inspection and equally happy to talk to you on the phone about it if you prefer, 01592 562754 Kind regards Dave
          AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

having never attempted a chargeback how & where the heck to we start now?
          Last edited by philnicandamy; 28 September 2011, 12:39.

Comment

Added that to the email you kindly did CC
            Did you start it "Dear Cur or Madman"?

had a reply & its not sounding great to be honest i'm even more pissed!!
            I believe that it may be far from utterly impossible that "Dave" may have a personal and idiosyncratic understanding of veracity not shared by most of the populace.

Just how is it even possible to connect a charger - any charger - to the 30 pin data port?

having never attempted a chargeback how & where the heck to we start now?
            Contact your bank.
            Last edited by CleverClogs (RIP); 28 September 2011, 12:56.

Comment

My thoughts exactly CC

many thanks for the help its appreciated

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
                Just how is it even possible to connect a charger - any charger - to the 30 pin data port?

Hmm you tell me....

Charger port nearest hand...long socket (nr green plug) they say i've attempted to charge with!

Comment

My thoughts exactly CC
                  So you coped with the circumlocution of 'I believe that it may be far from utterly impossible that "Dave" may have a personal and idiosyncratic understanding of veracity not shared by most of the populace.'?

I really must try harder.

many thanks for the help its appreciated
                  Pah - it is my sincere pleasure to help whenever I can.

Comment

Hmm you tell me....

Charger port nearest hand...long socket (nr green plug) they say i've attempted to charge with!
                    Quite simply, this is impossible.

Tell 'Dave' that you've posted his tom-fool twaddle on line and that the general consensus is that he is a shonky flim-flam man.

Comment

Is there any way for an excessive voltage to have been applied via a data cable from some source other than the supplied charger?

Even if there were, I find his explanation to be utterly unconvincing; if it is broken, how the buggery can it be said to be "working well"?

Just contact your bank and get it charged back.
                      Last edited by CleverClogs (RIP); 28 September 2011, 13:20.

Comment

Doubt it to be honest...the supplied data cable is a standard IPOD type anyhoo..just so bloody angry with the idiot!

Comment

Doubt it to be honest...the supplied data cable is a standard IPOD type anyhoo..
                          Aren't some iPoDs charged via the data connector?

Did you take a note of the serial numbers for the two tablets?

just so bloody angry with the idiot!
                          That can best be assuaged by planning your revenge, months or years hence.
                          Last edited by CleverClogs (RIP); 28 September 2011, 13:50.

Comment

Here's a thought - if it's not a Kindle and it gets very hot, could it instead be kindling?

Comment

Want to get heavy mate? Start with the legal threats - if so, gimme a shout - i'll happily ring and remind him of the law for you whilst also threatening him with a claim through the SCC......

Alternatively, get someone that isn't as pissed off to speak to him, and remind him of HIS obligations as a seller, and if that means a small claim, so be it. He can hardly defend it when he tries to say you plugged power into what, a usb socket or similar? Yea, right - obviously!
                              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

i'd appreciate your help niddy!
                                Heavy sounds good because they're not bothered a bit so far with me...not repsonding to emails or voicemail messages either now
                                Last edited by philnicandamy; 28 September 2011, 14:55.

Comment

Working...
                                X