GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Where is Cameron - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where is Cameron

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Where is Cameron

The military are adaptable and can work in a humanitarian way, I remember some years ago when there was flooding in Chichester the military did a fantastic job pumping the water away and installing temporary bridges.

They have also assisted the fire services before now.

The military do not need guns to do a job in a democratic country, just the numbers will help to calm the situation.

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
      Why?

What do you suppose the troops are going to do against rioters, some of whom are supposedly only seven? Shoot them?

This isn't Syria.
      No but they could slap their asses them take them home to mum.
      Mother Nature Don't Draw Straight lines, We are Broken Moulds in Life's Grand Design, We look a Mess but we're doing fine,
      Life Long Card Carrying Member Of the Union of Different Kinds.

Comment

One sky reporter asks a looter if they are proud of what they are doing and the reply was ...... we are getting our tax back lol

fooking hell what kind of an answer is that.

Comment

Originally posted by LooLoo View Post
          The police are stretched they can't be everywhere. Bring in the army I say!!!
          i agree Loo....at least they can impose some sort of curfew until this calms down x

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
            Well cutting the police force by such a large number was wrong in the present climate surely the government with the vast amount of info at there fingertips could have foresee such a problem.
            I rather doubt that the number of plods has significantly declined.

The problem was probably caused by a creeping authoritarianism in police "canteen culture", leading to a feeling of resentment among certain young, ethnic groups.

The spark was the killing of well respected, father of four Mark Duggan, who was apparently unarmed; reports in the Grauniad - link - and the Metro - link suggest that the bullet lodged in a police radio was a hollow-point round, fired from one of the police guns by someone from CO19, the death squad ordered by Cressida Dickhead to slaughter Jean Charles de Menezes.

As usual, the plods were slow to keep the family of their victim informed, whilst all manner of sensationalist speculation has appeared in the news media; for example, it has been claimed that Mr Duggan was a crack dealer but, when one considers that similar claims were made following the deaths of Jean Charles de Menezes and James Ashley, one sees the usual pattern of "blame the victim".

Comment

Comment

Hi Guys and Girls.

Well done PF for this thread. However should we all not just stand back a bit and look carefully. The writing and warnings have been on the wall for a very long time. The last time something like this happened was over Thatcher's poll tax. However Enoch Powell was pointing to the real problems which was not immigration but lack of meaningful work and proper salaries. It has been known by the academic world that if you suppress wages for ordinary folk and keep taxation at between 38 and 42% of national earnings then the country runs the risk of serious civil unrest. I am close to retirement age and I cannot remember a time in my whole life when ordinary folk and their wages were NOT blamed for the country's ills.

Perhaps we should look at the "double bluff" so beloved of our intelligence services. Has it not occurred to you that Cameron, treacherous turncoat and their sycophantic coat hangers on have no answers whatsoever to the financial crisis engulfing all of us. They have no answers to curtailing the greed of the banks and the financial parasites. Hence does it not go in their favour to use the method of "agent provocateur" to foment enough civil unrest so that they can declare a state of emergency.

The rhetoric spouting from Theresa May and our incompetent corrupt police force and like bodies is almost exactly the same as that spouted by the Assad regime in Syria and the Royal loyalists in Bahrain. Guess who and what they are blaming now. Yes the internet!

And in a state of emergency how long do you think sites like this will be allowed to continue with our filthy propaganda against a corrupt greedy avaricious banking system that keeps Cameron and Brooks in Chipping Norton all riding together. Rememeber "communal buttocks" ?

regards from a Republican
                Garlok
                Last edited by garlok; 9 August 2011, 08:08.

Comment

Garlok,

It does make you wonder, on the employment issue they keep spouting untrue unemployment figures and manipulating those figures to make it look not as bad as it is.

Everywhere I turn all I hear is people being made redundant it is happening on a massive scale and not just the public sector but the private sector too.

In the Portsmouth news there was always at least 20 pages of jobs on a Thursday and Saturday now you will be lucky to see two pages that is the result of just one local area and surely it is the same elsewhere.

These riots were not about just the one issue of someone being shot it relates to many issues and the general feeling of todays society.

The British culture that we have all got used to and enjoyed is slowly but surely being broke.

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
                    Why?

What do you suppose the troops are going to do against rioters, some of whom are supposedly only seven? Shoot them?

This isn't Syria.

They have tanks! could run the lot over!

Comment

This riot is not about taxs, its not about the govt... its about some black kid who was a KNOWN drug dealer being shot.

Yup. Its like Rodney King but over a scumbag.......

So all this for what? Someone selling drugs to our kids? Are you F*in kidding me?

Roll on the troops, tear gas, and bullets its about time the UK stops handling everything with queens gloves on. Infact im sure even she has moreballs.

Comment

Even Lord Green who is a big donor to Cameron and chairman (i think) of "Carpetright" has come out and said exactly what you have said PF.

One of the furthre underlying issues is that the so called jobs they are creating are not real meaningful jobs, burger flipping part time in MaccyD's when most of the people stuck in a job like that are capable of and deserve much better.

An example of the incompetent running of this country by Gus McDonnell and his public school cronies (shirt lifters) is that there are approximately 3000 fully qualified doctors here in the UK who are unemployed and who have little or no prosepect of employment in their chosen profession. How amny more of us are going to tbe allowed to die?

No I am not in favour of riots or violence at all, but I am in favour of the rule of law as long as it is a law which ALL obey, I am also in favour of moral justice of the kind that Lord Justice Argyll believed in which was significantly different to the law dispensed by the current crop of professional prats who believe in one law for them and their grubby mates and another for the rest of us.

regards
                        Garlok (so bloody mad I can't even spell my own handle right first time)

Comment

I agree with much of the above, and I certainly agree that this is not just about one person being shot. I would even go as far as saying that if one were to catch 100 of these rioters and ask them why they were doing it or who Mark Duggan was the majority would not have a clue.

Garlok, you mentioned the internet. To some extent I agree that not just the internet, but the ease with which these people can communicate nationally and internationally with like minded people is to some extent an issue.

On a positive note, it is at times like this where I believe we see the best of being British coming out as well as the obvious bad side. We see the politicians who, like them or not, are mostly highly intelligent individuals banding together rather than squabbling over petty issues. We see the public, the vast majority of whom are decent, law abiding citizens speaking out against the actions of the minority. Every cloud, as they say, has a silver lining.

I have to say though, although gruesome, it does make one question whether we ought to have the ability, in extreme cases, to use the law to penalise as they might in say Singapore where crime is virtually unheard of.

Comment

Jen br,

On tv last night one looter was asked by a sky reporter what is all this about and the reply was..... im getting my tax back.

Whilst the killing of a person in tottenham may have started it for many that is not the only reason.

Comment

YouTube footage

Comment

However Casp,

The Defence Research Agency, now DERA has for a long time been developing and supplying GCHQ Cheltenham with hardware and software to monitor ALL communications in the UK. Pompey will know this but there was furore in Portsmouth some years ago when it came to light that the DRA establishment on Portsdown Hill was able to read and interpret the keystrokes in IBM's HQ down in North Harbour.

So for the idiots in power to say they did not know etc is pure poppycock. Also there is the scandal of the White Cloud satellite surveillance network that can read a newspaper in the street that you are holding. The UK as allies have some access to that information. So this continual denial is futile in my own opinion.

regards
                                Garlok (spelt it right this time)

Comment

Working...
                                X