GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script 22.35 on ITV1 Exposure:Bailiffs - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

22.35 on ITV1 Exposure:Bailiffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 22.35 on ITV1 Exposure:Bailiffs

Yes it's illegal for them to claim for something they haven't done, but how on earth is the consumer meant to prove that the contact hasn't took place?!
    Boast is right, his pen is mightier! It overrides the truth to the tune of £3000 a month wages! (min)

Comment

If hes a Colonel, his next job is already there for him - KFC
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Re: Exposure: ITV1 Bailiffs

Originally posted by 5corpio View Post
        Undercover in the world of bailiff industry and asks whether more regulation is needed to control their businesses
        Next week: shocking footage of bears shitting in a wood.

Comment

Re: Exposure: ITV1 Bailiffs

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
          Next week: shocking footage of bears shitting in a wood.
          CC, as usual your response sums it up perfectly

Mother Nature Don't Draw Straight lines, We are Broken Moulds in Life's Grand Design, We look a Mess but we're doing fine,
          Life Long Card Carrying Member Of the Union of Different Kinds.

Comment

I know someone who fought over 70 cases last year against bailiffs and every single one was lost by the bailiffs.

Mr Boast is a one of - yeah right!

Mr B is typical of a significant proportion of the industry. The programme would b better with more John Kruse and less CAG!

Comment

And the owner looks really shocked and sick doesn't she! No complaints about him, yeah right debtors are gonna complain about an aggresive bailiff in a heartbeat aren't they! And if they did, would you give a damn anyway?! Me thinks not

Comment

He's lying. How can I tell?
                His Lips are Moving.

Mother Nature Don't Draw Straight lines, We are Broken Moulds in Life's Grand Design, We look a Mess but we're doing fine,
                Life Long Card Carrying Member Of the Union of Different Kinds.

Comment

GOD DAMN RAIN!!

Going to have to watch the second half again on I Player!
                  I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hmmm, me wonders what he's doing now he's not got that job?
                    Here's hoping he can't get another, can't pay his bills and his replacement that he once trained puts letters through his door at 4 in the morning, 3 times, of course.....

More likely his 'effective methods' have been snatched up by another equally surprised DCA

Comment

Originally posted by alwaysskint View Post
                      Hmmm, me wonders what he's doing now he's not got that job?
                      Why was he dismissed?

Comment

---> http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...-bailiffs.html

Quote of the century here:

Julie Green-Jones, the chief executive of Rossendales, said that the company had not seen the footage and could not comment on it.
                        “I’ve been working with the Ministry of Justice and industry partners for a long time now, and I am calling for the Government to take legislation forward so companies like ours can help rid the industry of operators that don’t subscribe to the values of professionalism and integrity,” she said.
                        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                          Always thought the buck stops at the top, will anything happen to Rossendales for not knowing or controlling what this poor excuse for a human being was up to. Surely fraud springs to mind.
                          Last edited by helmsman; 1 November 2011, 07:44.

Comment

Originally posted by alwaysskint View Post
                            Lol, great minds, only I posted in chat lol
                            i was setting the thread up via the iPhone (and wasn't connected to wireless broadband - SLOW)
                            Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                            I've merged both threads - into one.
                            As above - cheers

Will be watching it tonight on itvPlayer -
                            OH doesn't like that sort of stuff, winds her up

Comment

I didn't realise this was on - I was out on my broomstick

Looks like I'll be watching it on iplayer
                              Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Didn't watch. The truth is never told properly on these things and the real hurt of unlawful behaviour is never recognised by anyone in auhtority. The Telegraph quote is certainly a classic and sounds more like "covering my arse with the MOJ and industry partners"

However it should be noted that "FRAUD" per se is almost now impossible to prove in the UK and if you can pay off enough senior civil servants and politicians and do it on a grand enough scale it will be the little guy, "the key witness" and possible whistleblower that will end up on the sticky end of it with their life in ruins, denied access to medical care, unemployable regardless of skill level and the like.

Garlok
                                Last edited by garlok; 1 November 2011, 09:42.

Comment

Working...
                                X