GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Unenforceability General Questions & Answers - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unenforceability General Questions & Answers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Unenforceability General Questions & Answers

It was me that suggested you go to FOS; yes. You can ignore the bank/dca for now. This is a regulated loan NOT a bank account hence complain to the FOS.
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thank you for that. Needed to make sure I was doing things in right order

Comment

[QUOTE=Oldandblue;343685]Hiya Don't have a clue what I'm doing been told to consider UE on bank loan
        SAR and letter from bank. No paperwork account to old But this has been sold to CABOT they say not a loan it's a current account /overdraft not entitled to s77/79 Pay up
        Also advised complain to FOS as bank turned this loan into an overdraft really need to get this right this time but its such a mess. So if I go for UE do I just ignore everything and see what happens Thanks[/QUOTE]

If there's no paperwork, then Cabot will have a problem substantiating the figures they've been sold..... regardless of what it is.
        Remember the mantra:
        NEVER communicate by 'phone.

Send EVERYTHING by Recorded/Special Delivery
        Keep a copy of EVERYTHING sent
        Keep hold of EVERYTHING received

PriorityOne & CPUTR 2008 (ex P1 CAG CPUTR 2008)

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi, Ive being going along the the uninforceability rout with a natwest cc since October, as yet no cca, today I received a threatening letter saying they will take money out of my Natwest bank account if I don't pay up. Is this legal?
          Thanks Maco

Comment

Right of appropriation, get a new satalite account elswhere with a Bank not in the RBS group, and move everything now, that will stop them (empty your account now also)
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

As TCC says. They'll utilise Right of Set Off and take any funds...
              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Barclycard Raided my Account, Fos allowed this, s it was in the terms & conditions. Even though they the account is unenforceable.
                Waiting to see if they try to do the same with my unenforceable advance account, no right of set off in T&C.

Comment

Hi Thanks for that, the problem is I have a personal account with them and my main business account, this has a 4k overdraft facility of which 2.5k is being used, are they able to take from the remaining 1.5k therefor increasing the amount I owe?

Comment

[QUOTE=MACO;375371]Hi Thanks for that, the problem is I have a personal account with them and my main business account, this has a 4k overdraft facility of which 2.5k is being used, are they able to take from the remaining 1.5k therefor increasing the amount I owe?[/QUOTE]Well then i'd not be going UE - not wise at all.

Comment

Hi Niddy, Thanks for that, I was beginning to think it wasn't a wise move, best pay up and shut up. thanks again, hope all is well Maco

Comment

[QUOTE=MACO;375382] best pay up and shut up [/QUOTE]
                        Or change your banking facility?

Comment

Hi Niddy,
                          If i paid minimum payments for a couple of months whilst I sorted other banking facilities, would it be possible to start the whole process again?

Comment

Yea that'd be cool. How much do you owe the bank in question?

Comment

Comment

Hi Niddy,
                                Thanks for all your help, Just thinking if I was to phone the CC and ask for time etc what would be the likely outcome? do you think they would freeze interest and except low monthly payments? if so do you think this would effect my bank accounts in any way, as they are with the same bank ie withdraw my overdraft facility?
                                Many Thanks
                                Maco

Comment

Working...
                                X