GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Unenforceability General Questions & Answers - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unenforceability General Questions & Answers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Unenforceability General Questions & Answers

[QUOTE=garlok;113423]I would always now advise having a "parachute" account at a bank totally unrelated or connected with the bank where you have credit cards or anywhere within the parent company's possession. [/QUOTE] Agreed - if possible. If not then consider an account like this which also gives cheque book and card (easy to get as savings account)

---> [B][URL="http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2346"]Savings Account with ChequeBook & Debit Card[/URL][/B]
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Hi
      1st credit bought a MBNA loan over 2 years ago...today out of the blue comes NOTICE OF INTENDED ACTION...from mackenzie hall. I've heard nothing in over 18 months.. no statement nothing :hmm
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

[QUOTE=in 2 deep;126114]Hi
        1st credit bought a MBNA loan over 2 years ago...today out of the blue comes NOTICE OF INTENDED ACTION...from mackenzie hall. I've heard nothing in over 18 months.. no statement nothing :hmm[/QUOTE] Do you have a diary with this history on mate? :confused :confused
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

[QUOTE=Never-In-Doubt;126117]Do you have a diary with this history on mate? :confused :confused[/QUOTE]
          No..... because not heard anything in 2 years.....
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

[QUOTE=in 2 deep;126120]No..... because not heard anything in 2 years.....[/QUOTE] Oh! Ok, up to you - whether you send off a threat of legal action template or ignore it as a chaser - its really up to you what you feel is best mate :beer

Comment

Interesting question for this thread. When does an "application form" become a fully compliant agreement under CCA1974 pre 2006 amendments and the repeal of s127?

Even though no copy of said application forms as agreements have been issued to the consumer party.

regards
              Garlok

Comment

[QUOTE=garlok;126179]Interesting question for this thread. When does an "application form" become a fully compliant agreement under CCA1974 pre 2006 amendments and the repeal of s127?

Even though no copy of said application forms as agreements have been issued to the consumer party.

regards
                Garlok[/QUOTE] when they comply with their requirements mate, as per your s.78 request....

See this mate: ---> [B][URL="http://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/pages/index.php?page=Unenforceability%20Templates%20-%20Section%206#temp-1-1"]Unenforceability Templates - The Prescribed terms[/URL][/B]

Comment

[QUOTE=Never-In-Doubt;126132]Oh! Ok, up to you - whether you send off a threat of legal action template or ignore it as a chaser - its really up to you what you feel is best mate :beer[/QUOTE]
                  I think I'll just ignore..........:winks

Comment

[QUOTE=in 2 deep;126202]I think I'll just ignore..........:winks[/QUOTE] Wise choice (3 weeks later Niddy, tut tut)! ;W ;W

Comment

Just a quick thought....I still get credit card statement for RBS .
                      Balance £12,744
                      This months minimum payment £9,153.25
                      This account is unenforceable.....I have a letter from Nov 2009 telling me this.
                      Wonder what will happen when the min payment gets to the balance & when they will stop sending statement.

Comment

[QUOTE=in 2 deep;133753]Just a quick thought....I still get credit card statement for RBS .
                        Balance £12,744
                        This months minimum payment £9,153.25
                        This account is unenforceable.....I have a letter from Nov 2009 telling me this.
                        Wonder what will happen when the min payment gets to the balance & when they will stop sending statement.[/QUOTE]

If they stop sending statement then they'll be in breach of guidelines so will [B]always [/B]send at least one a year mate :beer

Comment

[QUOTE=in 2 deep;133753]This months minimum payment £9,153.25
                          [/QUOTE]

Just pay it! :rotf - £9K isnt THAT much - I have that in copper in my bedroom :lol

Comment

Hi I2D :)
                            I have one of these...CCA'd them, got the (framed) letter saying they don't have an agreement and since then they send the statement every month, no interest added, min payment has been full balance for ages.

Comment

can a creditor take court action such as sending SD or applying for a charge on your home if you have sent them CCA requests ?

Comment

Not if they're in default of your request, no. However those that try it soon get swatted away when we get Paul on the case. :beer

Comment

Working...
                                X