GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Unenforceable Overdrafts - CCA Information - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unenforceable Overdrafts - CCA Information

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fabulous, thanks Cym :) Another giant pile of paperwork I can move to a different box file at long last lol :wonderful:

Comment

• mortgages is 12 years unless there has been any changes but not heard of any in England/wales[LIST][*]Mortgage shortfalls have a longer limitation period of twelve years for the money you borrowed (the ‘capital’), while the interest charged on this has a limitation period of six years[*]Personal injury claims have a shorter limitation period of three years[*]Income tax, VAT and capital gains tax [URL="https://www.stepchange.org/debt-info/business-debts.aspx"]debts to HM Revenue & Customs[/URL] don’t have a limitation period. This means HMRC can take you to court for these debts even if they date back many years[*]If the creditor has already obtained a [URL="https://www.stepchange.org/debt-info/ccj.aspx"]court judgment[/URL] or order before the limitation period passed the debt can never become statute-barred.[/LIST]but in Scotland think you will find 20 years????
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

• Hi All, Im new to the forum but would like to seek advice, after sending the marvelous prove it letter in this thread regarding a very old Abbey National, Now Santander overdraft im wondering what my next move is. It took them 6 months just to send the attached.
        Attached Files

Comment

• [QUOTE=TankusMaximus;n1510234]Hi All, Im new to the forum but would like to seek advice, after sending the marvelous prove it letter in this thread regarding a very old Abbey National, Now Santander overdraft im wondering what my next move is. It took them 6 months just to send the attached.[/QUOTE]

Well if you look at [url]https://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/forum/debt-bailiffs-starting-again/unenforceable-credit-agreements/unenforceability-diaries/10382-unenforceable-overdrafts-cca-information#post10382[/url]

Niddy sets out what they should send and have been sending.

I should send unredacted copies of what Santander have sent to Niddy for document checking see here [url]https://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/forum/debt-bailiffs-starting-again/unenforceable-credit-agreements/28376-document-checking-updated-06-2017#post28376[/url]
          "..
          [LEFT][COLOR=#555555][FONT="Noto Sans"][SIZE=13px]If you'd like to send us your unedited agreement to check, in which we'll let you know if we feel it is enforceable or not, then send an email with your agreement attached to: [/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/LEFT][EMAIL="webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk"]webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk[/EMAIL][LEFT][COLOR=#555555][FONT="Noto Sans"][SIZE=13px] and we'll get back to you within a few days. If however you'd rather use the old system of loading each pdf to your personalised thread in the [/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/LEFT][URL="https://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/forum/aad-secure-legal-portal/document-database/upload-your-cca-t-c-s"]Secure Upload your CCA[/URL][LEFT][COLOR=#555555][FONT="Noto Sans"][SIZE=13px] section then you are free to do so.
          .."[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/LEFT]

Comment

• I would also recommend that you start your own thread so that you can get guidance relevant to your situation that won’t get swallowed up and lost.
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

• [QUOTE=TankusMaximus;n1510234]Hi All, Im new to the forum but would like to seek advice, after sending the marvelous prove it letter in this thread regarding a very old Abbey National, Now Santander overdraft im wondering what my next move is. It took them 6 months just to send the attached.[/QUOTE]

Hello :happy

I can see from the Cabot letter you've uploaded that you didn't send a s78 CCA Request for this overdraft perhaps because you thought it wouldn't apply.

However there has been a recent ruling in court that s78 [U]does[/U] apply to overdrafts which is explained here by Jo >

[QUOTE=Joanna Connolly;n1523192]The claim against our clients in this case was for monies owing under a personal Current Account Overdraft. We lost at first instance before a District Judge in Peterborough County Court and appealed the decision before HHJ Walden-Smith sitting at Cambridge County Court.

The Appeal was successful yesterday. This is an important case because it confirms that [COLOR=#000080][B]consumers using the unenforceability provisions of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 can successfully defend claims for personal Current Account Overdrafts in court. [/B][/COLOR]In this instant case the Appeal court found the personal Current Account Overdraft agreement to be unenforceable pursuant to the Consumer Credit Act because of lack of evidence of compliance with the requirements of the OFT determination.

It was also accepted that [COLOR=#000080][B]Creditors must comply with S 78 Consumer Credit Act 1974 requests relating to personal Current Account Overdrafts, not just credit cards and loans. In this case the Appeal court did find that MFS Portfolio Ltd had complied with the S 78 Consumer Credit Act request. If they hadn’t complied with the statutory request then the personal Current Account Overdraft would have been unenforceable pursuant to s.78 (6) (a) Consumer Credit Act , which is contrary to the position creditors normally take.[/B][/COLOR]

The court also positively approved of the principle established in a European case ruling we put before the court that it is for the creditor to prove statutory compliance. The court did not appeove of the District Judge’s earlier decision in the lower court that our client not recalling something somehow reversed the burden of proof onto our clients and away from the Claimant.

The appeal court also found that MFS Portfolio Ltd had not proved the Assignment to it from the original creditor.[/QUOTE]

So based on this new information I would suggest you send a s78 CCA Request to Cabot.

Anyone who is being pursued through court for an overdraft should do the same and also post on this specific thread here > [URL]https://all-about-debt.co.uk/forum/debt-bailiffs-starting-again/legal-debt-matters/1523192-mfs-portfolio-ltd-v-phelan-west-appeal-overdrafts[/URL]

If you've had a claim issued which is currently stayed (on hold) then also post on the thread for advice.

Di

Comment

Working...
              X