GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script BT incompetence - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BT incompetence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BT incompetence

Hello, not sure if this is the correct place to ask for advice as it is not an actual debt problem.

A BT/Openreach fault cut off our communications nine days ago, no landline telephone, nor continuous internet since then. After a few days of being cut off, they sent a temporary BT hub which has connected us to wifi but disconnects about twice or more times per hour, which is annoying as you lose everything you are working on and have to manually re-boot the thing. BT have promised many times that it will be 'fixed by 5pm' when in actual fact it has not. They then found they had to change/lay new cables before it could be fixed. They keep leaving messages on my mobile voicemail which are totally inaudible. We run online businesses, do online banking. I have serious health problems (epilepsy caused by a brain tumour) which means I need a landline telephone in case of an emergency. Everything we do at home relies on good internet and phone connections. I wrote to the CEO to bypass all the idiots, but the CEO did not reply just sent their main staff to deal with the matter, who have told me any communication I send to the CEO gets automatically transferred to them to deal with. The main chap dealing with us phoned my mobile to say he was glad it was all fixed and would close the complaint! I said since when was it fixed, he had no idea it was still at fault. They cannot even communicate the right information between each other. This morning I have been told that they will not be able to fix it till 'hopefully' Friday, which I know will then take us into a third week. The stress levels of all this nonsense is ridiculous. If anybody has any advice please re actual compensation from this, I would appreciate it. We have lost so much in subscriptions to internet based services we cannot use such as Truecall, Netflix, Amazon to say just a few. There are many people who only contact us via our landline and will not be able to contact us.
    It has even been difficult to post this message as the internet keeps disconnecting again. I have told BT that I want compensation. Thanks

Communications Ombudsman: Here to help with telecoms ...

https://www.ombudsman-services.org › sectors › com
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

What an utter joke but not a funny one. Surely BT should have given you additional priority with those serious health issues, and treated you properly as a 'vulnerable customer' from the onset? Sounds like they have been very apathetic here!

Comment

Thanks both for your comments. Have just looked at the link, but it says that I have to wait till a final response or 8 weeks before contacting them. With it still being ongoing they will not it seems help.

Comment

If you are using MS office products set up auto save to one drive. This will automatically save every 5 minutes or so so if you lose what you are doing there should be a recent copy. I always do it ever since I spent a dreadful day writing part of an essay and then clicked 'don't save' as I was quickly shutting down to dash for the bus :-(

Comment

Our communications were all back and fixed yesterday. Just got off the phone with the chap from BT and apparently OFFCOM advise £5 to £8 per day for compensation for customers. They have to treat customers the same so that is the compensation offered. He is sending me an email working out to the 'pence' what we will receive. I have told him to log it as a complaint as I am insulted by this offer after all the stress and inconvenience we have been through. It does not even cover one quarter bill. Can anybody please give me their thoughts on this offer please?

Comment

Originally posted by seaside girl View Post
              the chap from BT and apparently OFFCOM advise £5 to £8 per day for compensation for customers. They have to treat customers the same so that is the compensation offered. . . I have told him to log it as a complaint as I am insulted by this offer after all the stress and inconvenience we have been through.

I think you have just given BT your thoughts so see how they respond.

They quoted me that Ofcom tripe but there's nothing I can find that says they can't make you a 'Goodwill' payment on top of the minimum compensation expected.

Twice this year BT have credited my account with £40 when I reminded them it would cost them a lot more than that if I escalated my complaint to the Ombudsman Services.

Keep going till you get what you deserve.

Di

Comment

Thanks Di, the chap said it would probably be about £150 but it was less, he has then made it up to £150 total, due to his calculation mistake. I am still not happy though as I expected more considering all the mess we have been in over the last 17 days.

Comment

Working...
                X