GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script PPTP vs open VPN - advantages and disadvantages - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PPTP vs open VPN - advantages and disadvantages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: PPTP vs open VPN - advantages and disadvantages

No, your pc cannot be tracked unless it is has tracking or keylogger software in the system maybe by your employer. Is it something illegal you are planning or just to access torrent sites?

Comment

Thanks Vossy
      No its nothing illegal or immoral

Well depends on your point of view I guess.
      It is mainly just for visiting sites that I don't want to be tracked back to this PC.

There are no key loggers etc on as I do regular antivirus/spyware scans

Comment

My Son works for Portsmouth City Council and he tells me all there PC's, Laptops and Ipads etc can be traced via Bluetooth some even have a chip fitted that stops the data being accessed if they are taken out of the premises.

Comment

Anonymous ?

Linux, Tor, laptop, someone elses open wireless connection.

If they catch you at whatever you are doing after that lot it must have been bad !

Comment

FP, yes it has an i.p address when you surf through it, but by combining linux, Tor, special FF install and another little peice of software, it completely masks the i.p tracing.

Its what the hacker group annonymous use actually lol.
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Re: CAG becoming libellous by nature...

Originally posted by Bricktop View Post
              Been playing about with Linux Mint, very nice indeed

Sometimes being anon on the internet is a must.

Not into the whole Mitnick thing of getting into Gov. systems, however there are a few private company systems whose security, is how can I put it, a bit lax compared to what you would expect it to be.
              You mean that your new business will mean you are going to hack into MBNA/Cap1/RBS/YB etc and for a small fee offer us all a £1 full and final settlement
              When you have nothing you have nothing to lose

Comment

Originally posted by Susie View Post
                You mean that your new business will mean you are going to hack into MBNA/Cap1/RBS/YB etc and for a small fee offer us all a £1 full and final settlement
                Oh yes, now that is a business going places

Comment

Originally posted by Bricktop View Post
                  Been playing about with Linux Mint, very nice indeed

Sometimes being anon on the internet is a must.

Not into the whole Mitnick thing of getting into Gov. systems, however there are a few private company systems whose security, is how can I put it, a bit lax compared to what you would expect it to be.
                  Is that free Bricktop and can you download to a portable hard drive and run from there.

Comment

yup, Mint Linux is free Main Page - Linux Mint

As far as anything else goes, I know bits and pieces.

Comment

Working...
                    X