GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Keeping logged in....or not! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Keeping logged in....or not!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Keeping logged in....or not!

Originally posted by rizzle View Post
    I think a more important issue is security.

A persistent login on a share computer is a security risk and should be avoided.

On my computers I am the only one who uses the login accounts I post on forums from, so that is not an issue.

Also I have it ingrained in to me from MoD ITSO tellings off to always lock my computer when I leave it. Annoying, but it become habit.
    Security - totally agree (on shared computers naturally)....

Did your mod systems not have the card readers? At central Gvt they have the card system so you wear your access card round your neck on one of those 80's illuminous springy things and plug it into the side of the keyboard - when you walk away the card pops out and locks the system.....

If people got a new lanyard, it was springier and sometimes it'd pull out and the card would smack em in the face
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
      Security - totally agree (on shared computers naturally)....

Did your mod systems not have the card readers?
      Not then, no.
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

If people got a new lanyard, it was springier and sometimes it'd pull out and the card would smack em in the face
        Awesome. Don't you just love technology.
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Some of 'em need more than a smack in the face l l

regards
          Garlok

Comment

Originally posted by garlok View Post
            Some of 'em need more than a smack in the face l
            Some of those in my old department deserved one with a sight more than an access card.

Comment

p.s anyone notice we're now blue and not orange?

darn, you really ought to delete those bloody biscuits guys
              You are still orange!!

Comment

Originally posted by rizzle View Post
                I think a more important issue is security.

A persistent login on a shared computer is a security risk and should be avoided.

On my computers I am the only one who uses the login accounts I post on forums from, so that is not an issue.

Also I have it ingrained in to me from MoD ITSO tellings off to always lock my computer when I leave it. Annoying, but it's become habit.
                I am the only one which uses my laptop.

Comment

Thank you for the informed debate! I will now try and find my cookies......and play with them

Comment

Originally posted by cymruambyth View Post
                    Thank you for the informed debate! I will now try and find my cookies......and play with them

Have a cup of tea with your cookies...........

Comment

You are still orange!!
                      You're still orange on my laptop - is that why?

Also while we're talking cookies, does this mean the site know every thread I visit and every post I've read? I got spooked the other night when Niddy told a member that he had seen she'd read a post so he didn't need to add the link. I'm not a fan of Big Brother

Comment

Don't be so daft. We can see where everyone is and what they're doing but not what they're saying. ie I know if you read my post when you thank it (DOH!!)

I am not Marc gander. I do not spy and take extreme offence to claims of the contrary. I suggest you read the site problems section of the forum and you'll see this exact same discussion from last year.

To view your pm's in my opinion is an invasion of privacy.
                        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

See this ---> allaboutFORUMS

It shows us who is online and * whereabouts* on the forum
                          They're at.

That's it. Yea as administrator I can access logs that will tell me more, ya think I got time to do this? Lol I'm already 8 hours short in a day

Stop stressing :!

Comment

Don't be so daft. We can see where everyone is and what they're doing but not what they're saying. ie I know if you read my post when you thank it (DOH!!)

I am not Marc gander. I do not spy and take extreme offence to claims of the contrary. I suggest you read the site problems section of the forum and you'll see this exact same discussion from last year.

To view your pm's in my opinion is an invasion of privacy.
                            But I am daft with computers which is why I asked the silly question I didn't mean could you actually see or hear me - if I thought that I'd get all dressed up and brush my hair before logging on I know a green body lights up under my username if I'm logged in, and I can see who's 'at home' if I look at the bottom on the Forum page (whatever it's called). I find that rather comforting when I'm freaking out over debt in the wee small hours

Comment

I am the only one which uses my laptop.
                              Nope. Posting this from a lappy right now.

Comment

You are still orange!!
                                Yes we are.

(Well you and the others are, but that's another story........)
                                Last edited by Riz; 30 November 2011, 19:55.

Comment

Working...
                                X