Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Scanning

Ahem (bollocks)!!
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Hi PF,

How did you get on in the end? yesterday went quite well but the reading rooms are very brightly lit and the microfiches I research are shiny. They are of original blueprints which were the imperial equivalent of A0 size paper reduced to 130mm x 100mm. the originals were of course white lines on dark blue background so you end up with something that looks like a negative. Anyways managed to get some shots with my basic digital camera, no flash and thought I was going to be disappointed.

However late this PM I have processed them down to a manageable size in "photoshop", converted to greyscale only, messed around with the brightness and contrast a bit and then as I suggested I inverted the colours to give in theory black lines on a white ground. Printed out at A4 size I can read quite a few of the dimensions with a glass which are not readable on the screen even when zoomed in.

I have about another 25 to do so we will see how the file builds up. The photgraphs of the 1920 pages of the drawing register have turned out brilliantly and the copperplate writing done in real ink is easily read.

regards
      Garlok (heaving a sigh of relief).

Comment

Garlok,

I am pleased you have managed well with this, amazing what can be done, alls good with my efforts with the help of niddy's advice.

I too used my nikon compact camera to take photo's not bad too considering it is only 7mp, I used the macro facility it has.

Regards

Comment

Working...
        X