GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Keylogger Removal - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Keylogger Removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Keylogger Removal

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
    Niddy,

I would love to use win 7 however there is the small matter of saving the funds first to buy a copy.

I am getting there and in one more month I will have saved the amount needed.

Regards
    Say what? Buy a copy...?
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

You could just put Linux on it for a bit?

The people who write keyloggers, malware etc most often can't be naffed with that.
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Strange actually. we have a multi user Norton set up so it runs on both networked machines for one subscription, yet the laptop came with it preloaded and they wanted a further subscription after 30 days which was more than the multi user version we have on the towers.

However, we get regular up dates as you do and now each machine is totally different. This machine is much like the older systems but the other machine used mostly by Mrs G has a more up to date interface. Two weeks ago, after the normal scan it told me we needed to run another in depth programme as we had apparently incurred some problems. The scan had shown clear all through. Had to log on to their website and it downloaded another programme and another dialogue box/ interface. I like a fool and being idle said run and fix, report when its done. It ran for over an hour and then listed in red 15 problems which it then proceeded to fix. Thing is it wiped out (completely uninstalled and disappeared it into the ether) Mrs G's embroidery design progamme. Fortunately the design files themselves are still there in separate folders. This programme was a top of the range thing which she has used for a number of years with not a problem in sight. Got to dig out the disks and reinstall the whole thing again.

regards
        Garlok
        Last edited by garlok; 22 August 2011, 19:08.

Comment

I would love to use win 7
          Hopefully this issue is now resolved?

I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Niddy,

Thanks yes it will be by the morning, as it will give me something to do in the early hrs when everyone else is in bed lol

Regards

Comment

Niddy,

Thanks yes it will be by the morning, as it will give me something to do in the early hrs when everyone else is in bed lol

Regards
              I'll be here till about 7am too mate!

Comment

Great m8 can use the other machine to call on you should I run into difficulties lol

Comment

Working...
                X