GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Outlook keeps asking for Network password - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Outlook keeps asking for Network password

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Outlook keeps asking for Network password

Win10 and Outlook aren't the most compatible but there's plenty of fixes - best option would be a rollback to win8 and/or try an Elevated Command Prompt (scannow).

Some examples here -> http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...2349729?auth=1
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Win8 isn't that a pile of dog do

I have taken my Windows laptop back to Win 7 which fortunately the recovery partition still had in place

Comment

Originally posted by Pat View Post
        Win8 isn't that a pile of dog do

I have taken my Windows laptop back to Win 7 which fortunately the recovery partition still had in place
        Yea I agree - I don't like 8 (I use 7) but if you've got a win8 laptop you can't just go to win7; the technology now is built in BIOS & Firmware (plus hardware drivers) to only support win7 or the newer win8 so presuming someone went from 7 to 10 it should be a painless process (but not always). However going from win8 to win10 will cause issues - win10 is best upgraded from a fresh win8.1 upgrade.

So although I personally hate win8 and win10 I'm suggesting that for those with a win8 o/s running machine that was upgraded to 10 that it might be best reversing the upgrade then going win 8.1 to win 10 and it should be fine. If you're going from win7 to win10 then you should burn a backup before the upgrade as there's a risk of corruption (ie firmware).

I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

And if you weren't confused before you will be now

Comment

Originally posted by Pat View Post
            And if you weren't confused before you will be now

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
              I hope you sacked him
              I did think of sacking him but then I thought hang on if I do that it means I have to do some work.... ......

Comment

Originally posted by alland View Post
                I did think of sacking him but then I thought hang on if I do that it means I have to do some work.... ......

Excuse me == no swearing on this site using that dreadful word "Wxxk"
                I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
                X