GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script WORD help - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WORD help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: WORD help

Originally posted by Gerry View Post
    I just got it yesterday, still trying to learn how to use it all. I've never used OneNote before have you Rizzle? It looks fab wish i knew hope to use it.

gerry x x
    Is that like EndNote (scientific referencing) or Evernote (notes/snippets on everything?

I've used one a bit and had a brief look at the other.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by rizzle View Post
      Is that like EndNote (scientific referencing) or Evernote (notes/snippets on everything?

I've used one a bit and had a brief look at the other.
      Yeah i think it must be. Have you downloaded the trial rizzle?

Comment

Yeah i think it must be. Have you downloaded the trial rizzle?
        Nope. As both these lappys are running linux.

I might download it and try it in an XP virtual machine at some point though. Just to give it a try.
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Nope. As both these lappys are running linux.

I might download it and try it in an XP virtual machine at some point though. Just to give it a try.

Yeah I think you should pal, then you can tell us how to use it. I cant be arsed reading user guides or manuals that why I had my car for two months before realising it had 6 gears lol

Comment

Free MS office trial sounds good.

Then dump it for openoffice/libreoffice when it expires.
            I've always used openoffice Di, found MS word is rubbish.

Just my opinion though.

Comment

If your old Office is Office 97 Di----2010 has a "ribbon " method of commands and it takes some getting used to

Also----if you are posting up as attachments----be sure to use the SAVE AS command and in the drop down bit re file type --- select

Word 97-2003 Document (*.doc)

if you don't -- by default it will save as (*.docx) and earlier versions of Word can't read them

Same principle with Excel---save as

*.xls not *.xlsx

also you might find this interesting

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/sho...ffice-software
              My name is TurboMaximus, Commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Spreadsheet Legions, loyal servant to my true Empress Mo Turbo, Father to two Centurion sons, husband to a lovely wife.And I will help in this life or the next

Comment

Ooh thanks for that Turbo

And I do think that is what I'm doing wrong, and why I cannot open it later on, and yes its the Openoffice up to 2010.

Will check that link out as well, thank you.

Comment

Well so far and so good, my son ended up updating the Open Office, cheers guys , just have to make sure I don't cock up, because its always me

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
                    Well so far and so good, my son ended up updating the Open Office, cheers guys , just have to make sure I don't cock up, because its always me
                    I wouldn't even trust you with a pen, it'd need to be a pencil with a rubber.

gerry x

Comment

I wouldn't even trust you with a pen, it'd need to be a pencil with a rubber.

gerry x

lmao i wouldn't even trust myself with a pencil with a rubber, god help

XXX

Comment

You could also have a look at using a free online document editing service.

There's Google Docs and also Zoho Docs, which I tend to use. Don't really like keeping documents on my laptop.

Comment

Originally posted by roomtobreathe View Post
                          You could also have a look at using a free online document editing service.

There's Google Docs and also Zoho Docs, which I tend to use. Don't really like keeping documents on my laptop.

Bloody hell roomtobreathe-----don't forget ---- the Dizzy in her signature is not co-incidental
                          My name is TurboMaximus, Commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Spreadsheet Legions, loyal servant to my true Empress Mo Turbo, Father to two Centurion sons, husband to a lovely wife.And I will help in this life or the next

Comment

Originally posted by Turboman View Post
                            Bloody hell roomtobreathe-----don't forget ---- the Dizzy in her signature is not co-incidental

So true

Comment

Originally posted by Gerry
                              I was trying to be kind..:blond::roundhead:

Gerry x x

Your always kind Gerry XX

Comment

Originally posted by Gerry
                                Oh your telling porky pies, I'm a cheeky stubborn wee bugger.

Gerry x x

But your still lovely Gerry XXX

Comment

Working...
                                X