GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Free Spyware, Malware & Virus Protection - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Free Spyware, Malware & Virus Protection

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Free Spyware, Malware & Virus Protection

Sorry, I'm back again .

i have uninstalled my broken wireless adapter and rebooted my laptop and and and I'm still waiting! Is it supposed to be connected to the internet to reinstall?
    an embarrassed thank you!
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Try and read this -

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/870702
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

It doesn't need to connect no. It should have a default Windows driver that'll give wireless. So I'd suggest you need to add a new wireless network
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thanks I'll look after work.
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

eureka it's working again. It must be magic or voodoo because it defeats any logic that I know!

Thank you for all you help.

Comment

This might be useful--ComputerActive IIssue 433 1-14October 2014

Click image for larger version

Name:	ComputerActiveCover002.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	214.1 KB
ID:	1401844

I'm having trouble getting rid of Ad-Protect

Didn't know about that free Kapesky software (I'm with Barclays)--will give it a whirl before I try those in the magazine
              My name is TurboMaximus, Commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Spreadsheet Legions, loyal servant to my true Empress Mo Turbo, Father to two Centurion sons, husband to a lovely wife.And I will help in this life or the next

Comment

Malwarebytes I use

Comment

Me too, tech. When littlun somehow managed to lock up her laptop with some malware that took over the whole pc and loaded a fake "police are watching you" page, malwarebytes was my saviour! Without that, the pc just wouldn't work!

She was convinced she'd done something wrong, bless her. I wonder how many people pay "the fine" that the "police" page loaded in order to fix and use their machine?
                  If happy little bluebirds fly, beyond the rainbow, why, oh why can't I?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by diddlydee View Post
                    Me too, tech. When littlun somehow managed to lock up her laptop with some malware that took over the whole pc and loaded a fake "police are watching you" page, malwarebytes was my saviour! Without that, the pc just wouldn't work!

She was convinced she'd done something wrong, bless her. I wonder how many people pay "the fine" that the "police" page loaded in order to fix and use their machine?

Remember that one a while back ago, I too used it to clear the mentioned above as Spybot and the others proved useless.

Comment

anyone know of add on for firefox, to unblock international connnections? or hiding your Proxy and IP so they don't know which country your connecting from?

heard about 'Hola', but can't find as an add-on from firefox.

Comment

Working...
                      X