GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Stupid question - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stupid question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Stupid question

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
    So we should trust the nice Indian gent when he calls up, says he's from the Microsoft department through which "all the Internet goes" and that one's computer is behaving badly?

I regret that I cannot recall the name of the program he wanted me to install as, by then, I was laughing so much at his odd idea of the Internet structure.
    Oh I had one of them when I was at Mum's. I asked him what OS I was using, he wanted me to go to the command prompt at which point I asked him if he thought I had come in on the last banana boat.

Niddy yes it was the OFT site, thanks for the fix

Comment

Originally posted by Enforcer View Post
      Tried that with me. Told them that I was not using a Microsoft os, everything was Ubuntu. Hung up.
      I've had fun wasting their time.

Sometimes I ask them to wait whilst I fetch the computer owner - and then ignore them until they hang up. Other times I've repeated everything they've said, very slowly and sometimes words repeating in wrong the order.

I've asked them how I can get up the system log on the trip computer on my (fictitious) motor car. I've also asked them which Windoze I should install on my computer instead of DR-DOS 5, CP/M 2.2 or the ZX81 OS; needless to say, such deviations from the script utterly confuses them.

If all else fails, I blow a police whistle into the mouthpiece to deafen them.
      Last edited by CleverClogs (RIP); 4 June 2013, 21:22.

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
        If all else fails, I blow a police whistle into the mouthpiece to deafen them.
        I bet you were one of those schoolkids that annoyed everyone
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
          I bet you were one of those schoolkids that annoyed everyone
          Oh, indeed. I knew much of the O-level syllabus in Biology and Chemistry by the time I was 10.

I've slowly declined since.

Comment

LOL Dr DOS, havent heard or seen that in yonks! still remember it being one 1 floppy disk installation.
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I remember the ZX Spectrum and that bloody tape recorder just to get a bloody 4 bit Horace to go skiing or chase spiders!! Manic miner was worth the 3 failed uploads and 4 x 37 min upload times!!! Lol
              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

I sometimes wind those callers up, but lately I just load up some opera and sit the handset on the laptop speaker and wait till they hang up. The phone calls soon stop.
                I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
                X