GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Microsoft ditches Windows Live Messenger for Skype - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Microsoft ditches Windows Live Messenger for Skype

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Microsoft ditches Windows Live Messenger for Skype

Microsoft has announced it intends to "retire" its instant message chat tool and replace it with Skype's messaging tool. The news comes 18 months after the software giant announced it was paying $8.5bn (£5.3bn) for the communications software developer. Microsoft said Windows Live Messenger (WLM) would be turned off by March 2013 worldwide, with the exception of China. It reflects the firm's determination to focus its efforts on Skype.....More News here: BBC News - Microsoft ditches Windows Live Messenger for Skype
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: Microsoft ditches Windows Live Messenger for Skype

Not suprised at all, hardly anyone uses it anymore.

years ago is was buzzing, i logged in last week first time in years, not a single sole online.

Went the same way with ICQ, AOL and Yahoo.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
    X