GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Computer issues, no sleep for 2 days, finally fixed! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Computer issues, no sleep for 2 days, finally fixed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Computer issues, no sleep for 2 days, finally fixed!

Originally posted by kilasuit View Post
    do you have a link for that harddrive as need to replace a lappy one soon
    Head to their components -> HDD -> 2.5" and select lowest price first as display and check what's there. The best offer will be at the front. That's how I got mine

I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

PlanB may not be an obvious contributor to a computer thread but I had a similar problem with my laptop overheating so I bought a "chill mat" for £7.99 which did the trick

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laptop_cooler

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
        Best way to back-up is via secure third party back up or slave (external) HDD.

A back up on the same pc (even on a partition) is pointless if the drive ever dies

We'll be offering forum users a slice of symantec secured (ssl) cloud as personal storage in the coming weeks once we finalise our new services - but as a business you really ought to have a one-touch back up drive external to your main pc. Just plug in the drive, press a button and it backs up whatever you pre-determined, such as all business accounts etc
        Your right, i had my system backups stored on a seperate internal IDE HDD, which i thought would be fine, since i could just install a new HDD and use it to recover the system, but because of my old motherboard dying on me, i had to buy a new one, which didnt have a PATA interface. So the IDE Drive storing my recovery files was useless at that point.

I guess i could have slotted it in to an external enclosure, hoped that the software recognises usb devices at boot, and recoverd that way.

I had Payroll to go out by today, and it needed sorting asap, i was running out of options tbh.

Not that it matters now, but i was using EaseUS Advanced Backup Server, which gives you the option of full, incremental, or differential backups, as well as partition cloning, imaging, and pretty much anything else you can think of.
        Last edited by SXGuy; 10 October 2012, 20:59.
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
        X